Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > BTB (behind the back) Weaves,Wraps and Air-wraps

Login/Join to Participate

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
We (my friends and i) call then Dragon wings tongue no pun intended, its where my name came from. You can call them what u like.

This thread is a guide for newbs to learn btb weaves (which will hopfully quell the flooding amount of threads about btb weaves) ubbidea and also to other members who can already do btb and want a little more ie 5bt btb and btb airwraps on fire or both at the same eek So please keep this thread to btb.

*Wraping a burning hot piece of metal around un-protected skin can be very dangerous and i dont recomend this to any one who isn't proficent with btb stuff.*

Where to begin?..like all good things Jo Derry and Shawn Fumo

Presuming u already have btb butterflys both ways.

Ok...once you have a basic understanding and movement of flow with turning weaving btb then you can start to develop thru wraping or recoil wrapping either arm. It really helps if you can master 5bt btb before hand, but if you havn't then these techniques will help tech that also.

For most of the examples ill begin doing reverse btb weave. *There is no true way of doing btb weaves because its up to individual interpretation and artisticexpression , that makes us human and different, so experment*

While in reverse weave, starting with the right hand btb and the left hand "outside", *as in dragonwing vid clip below* you should be able to get the string/ chain of the right poi under you left arm, the left arm circles a little, untill the right hand chain comes around and is on top of your bicep.(Keep the left hand doing circles till u can get it) this is where the fun begins. Little circling motions with the wraped arm make the wrap turn and change direction as your body does.

*it requires alot of body and arm movment to get good flow, which helps keep momentum of the wrap*

Now, the poi and your body are one, ull need to turn your body and it SHOULD change the direction of the poi. Now it will be un-wrapping your arm *no matter if your recoiling or thru wrapping* Then you can go into the reverse wrap which would be a tricep wrap or back into weave. Same deal applies,only the poi will be ontop of your arm this time, turn forward and rotate your arm in a little circle so the momentum stays true, it will un-wrap your arm and come back into either the btb weave or you can just keep doing that over and over. But for skill youll want to get it wrapping on the other side of your body now.

*please right click and save target as... on the video clips*

If your really confused with all this talk of "arm making little circles" and "flow" u can watch my DragonWing clip, while reading it again. ubblol

OK if you'v got that mastered, (wont take long) and are already ok with firewraps, ull have no trouble doing it like this DragonWingFire clip on fire. No excusses, if u dont like it u can watch my video "Flow" in the video thread which has different fottage.

OK just for good measure and incase this STILL hasn't hit your skill level, you can try doing those same btb bicep and tricep wraps while doing a btb air-wrap (aka 5bt btb airwrap wraps) like this BtbHypWrap

Hopefully Dantana can make a cameo and clean up this mess and anything iv missed ubblol (Seeing as hes tha master at both hyperloops and wraps)

And if your having trouble watching or downloading these clips, just try again later because spymac is down faster than its up, and its a free host so i cant exactly complain biggrin But if ur still having trouble pm me, and ill give it a good slap and get it back up again. tongue And good luck not burning your arms.

EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1090463180)

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
there is not much I can add to this, just try it without fire first... :P

These are some very difficult moves to master. I tried for hours to learn a dragon wing, and I only managed to do it a few times.

But it looks very cool on video, thanks for posting these videos, Dragon. We needed the inspiration. weavesmiley

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Im thinking about taking this thread down (into my spyda hole) wink i guess it just all to easy. ubbidea

I know you been praticing this on the sly Dan, havnt you wink u already got the waist wrap version DOWN and guanna pull it out on your next video ubblol tongue

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
WHATEVER! You have stuff I can't even begin to touch! weavesmiley

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
133 views man...go on i triple dog dare you to tell me to take it down

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
that "133" just needs a "t" to make me go over the edge.

Glad i didnt waste my time with the good fottage

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i can't d/l videos at work and that is where i spend most of my time on hop frown

still haven't seen this stuff dragon but it sounds badass - nothing like anything i ever worked on.

shall try me hardest to remember to check out hop while at home tonight and curse you for not 'wasting time' on the good footage... wink ubbangel

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I think that first vid may be a bit bigger than i expected. For some reason daylight takes up more mem ubblol