Firefly!member
7 posts

Posted:
Hello,

I just purchased some LED lights from this website and I need to weigh them down with something. Anybody have any ideas???

Melanie

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Toy stores carry these little balls covered with rubbery tentacles. They're perfect. Wrap them in wire and hook them onto your ends of your poi.

Beanie babies or equivalent also work well.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Adding some small lead weights can work, you can get them from any fishing shop and they come in shapes and sizes that can be easily attached to the cords. Ive also seen people wrap large amounts of clear sticky tape around them to add a bit of weight, this way the light still shines through also.
weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Have you actually tried using lead weights? I have. I strongly discourage it. If you bean yourself with even a small one, it will hurt terribly. I've tried padding them out with pipe insulation (thick, dense foam)--still very painful.

In my experience, you need to use something that will deform when it hits you: bean bags, rubber balls, that sort of thing. Otherwise your body absorbs all the force of the impact.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Yeah,
I know quite a few people who have used lead weights to give their LED lightsticks some extra weight. As long as you dont make them to heavy by using to much lead it seems to work OK.
Certainly doesnt hurt as much as beaning yourself with a set of beaming poi (oooouuuccchhh) ubbloco