Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. ÂŁ3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
(and Happy Valentine's day Thomas... I had a very lovely day ubblove biggrin )

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey folks.

We've been asked to put in a proposal for the paddies days parade in
limerick.

Its a festival weekend with a large enclosed area and a park set as
the venue. It will be walk around, workshops and show. 4 hours a day
(three hours work each day or there abouts).

If you can juggle, unicycle, hulahoop, stilt walk etc and are
interested. We'll be happy to provide free accomodation.

Give me a shout

All the best

Aidan

Love is the law.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Finally managed to watch the Invasion video (after being unable to install stuff on the computer for nearly 2 months because of some university policy... GRRRRRRRRR!!)...

great job, thanks Strugz biggrin hug

bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
tell me about it, i watched it and one of the 1st things i saw was a closeup of my ass rolling down hill, how nice.......
Im up for paddys day if im not booked ill def be there.... smile

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yeah but what a cute bottom to see rolling down a hill wink

Seems like lots of folk are up for it. smile Could be a smashing weekend smile I say!!

I reckon i have enough now to be getting on with the proposal so i should be able to confirm with anyone that contacted me at some stage next week.

Fingers crossed. smile

On another note. Everyone else is invited to an after party and firey goodness the same weekend smile. We have a big house with floor space for heaps. And im sure if we end up full we can find a spot for a few more.

thanks again guys bounce

Love is the law.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
i can do bed of nails if your interested....and get as many people to stand on me as poss???? thats always a crowd pleaser.....

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
eek Sounds cool. Do you have my email address? Can you send me on some details...?

Love is the law.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
yip im in oxford at the min and dont have access to pics but ill send you details of the act ect...its good clean pointy fun...... smile the only thing i need you to grab me is some slabs cos i think itd be too akward on the bus but i can get 3 people on me and once tring to get 4 so hopefully ill be able to get 4 by paddys day

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Cheers Coleen

I probably should of written above that this isnt really a spinny gig. More juggling and circus themed...

Thanks again to everyone who contacted me. We should be hearing back from the event guys early this week.

Love is the law.

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
yay, just orderd a pair of led pois of e-bay. A bit nervus thay will be crap.

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
oh i got a new costume for my bad of nails act bounce Oh ado what kinda audience is this for cos my costume is a wee bit small...........(to add to the effect of there being no padding in the costume of course-and to have a wee flirt redface -Not that i do that kinda thing....much)

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
Written by: tainted

... bad of nails act ...

hehehee, uve gtotta get sum typong lessins missie!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Yo baz! Did you also hear tell that the vid is on a memory card and that my laptop is deader than a really dead thing? And that we have only footage of the fire on sunday night?

If so then hold tight. We will be burning what we have as soon as we can and will send it on to anyone that wants. PM me your address's smile

Tainted. Skimpy as ya like. wink

Will give you a ring early next week about slabs an stuff.

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hellos Aidan... can you send me whatever stuff you have, as high res as poss... our dvd guy might be able to use some of it smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Will do, the camera we have records .mp4. its not a very high res format but will probably do the job.

So send me your address and its a done deal. Excluding standard fire spinning slackness of course. Im hoping there is someone in town that can just burn the lot onto a cd this weekend maybe.

Love is the law.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
helloooo biggrin

how's everyone doing? hope ye all are well. have seen most of you recently enough, just haven't been in here in a bit. hmmm... it's a bit like welcome back to the sanitarium umm

just a few wee words to say hi & dispense some of these hug

i have a few short bits of footage from the show at the circus school, not too much though, mostly photos, some really good ones too so if anyone wants them sent on just let me know. barry i'll send you what i have as soon as i get it from camera to pc.

peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Psst

Dublin Juggling Convention programme posted [Old link]

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

gerireMember
17 posts

Posted:
Wish me luck. Since Ive gotten back to Ireland practicing the auld pois in this freezing weather just isn't as appealing as iw was in sunny oz, or half sunny New Zealand.

So when I got asked the other day to do cocktails at a birthday party I offered my poi's as a further attraction. Now after my first run in the back garden in a few weeks Ive come to the realisation that practice is definately needed. I all ready cant feel my hands from the cold but im off to practice more.

Ah the pressure. It'll all be just basic weaves and butterflies. That better impress them enough!!!!!!!!!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Irish pre-registration for the EJC will open this weekend, at the Dublin Convention. Speak to Deirdre Toher (Dee), and she'll answer any questions you may have. Irish pre-reg form now available to download on the EJC website

Online registration will also open on Monday.

Getting close now... juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Loola_Nebulanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, look at me, i've entered your world of internet freaks! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh!Feels good and weird and good mainly. So there, I am with you people, so excited, so cool, so wonderful... I ll come back when i ll have something more interesting to say but.. uh.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA xxx
LN

"what are we? - leaders!
what are we not? - followers.
why??...nobody knows where they are going."
the dude in my wife and kids

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
welcome to themadness babe!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!

Hellos LN... lovely lady hug biggrin

Lisa, Andy, Ronan and I are with Eimhin, Mariosa and the Galway crew for fun and frolics today....

Hope everyone had a splendid Paddy's day biggrin

Take care x

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
yo, anyone have any update about the Paris convention.

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yup! i got my tickets yesterday, whopee! i'll be flying out of shannon at two on the previous wednesday...as are you Ado, or have they been decieving me? well looking forward to seeing you there, ciaou bellies,
e...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
bounce2

Love is the law.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Your chance for revenge... the... SCOTTISH invasion!!

[Old link]

come all!! hug2

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
wavehello
hi! can you tell me when is the next event in dublin, involving juggling, of course? coz i would really like to meet other people sharing this "passion". i arrived 6 months ago in ireland and i havent met any "fire players" yet... snif...

lucie

juggle

Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which i desire!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yeep!!!

You haven't met anyone yet?!!

Where have you been hiding?!! ubblol

Hmmmm... no doubt some of the Dublin spinners will be along soon - they go to weekly meets in the universities there...

In the meantime... hellos and welcome to HoP Lucie...

take care
hug

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well I'm off to barcelona 1st april and then down to madrid for a juggle convention (yay for cheap tickets!), does anyone have any info on the spaish spinning scene, where do people meet up etc?
Maybe I'll just get my lovely guide ubblove to do the scouting.
Had a lovely last few weeks, from germany to DubJC to all over the fecking shop! So a big nice one to all that were with me hug

Loveliness

smile

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
hug

Twas marvellous to see you again mister ronan... see you soon biggrin

Page: ......