Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
zlim I've met these.... hmm what was it Pretty boy said.... bunch of nut cases and I can vouch for them to not be body snatchers or the womens institute (trust me those women are evil!). They are all lovely and very welcoming. Go along. You'll have the muchliest [made up word for the purpose] fun possible and not regret it!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
Yeah zlim we are a nice bunch and all the physciatric tests so far have proved that we are mostly sane. There is only one or two that the tests proved inconclusive but you have that

Grow old but never grow up

zlimmember
34 posts

Posted:
frownaww i didnt have time to go on line last nite or really at all yesturday!so dame !!!well i was out spinin last nite on the beach!got lots o stuff down now gettin real confodent!yeahy!might just see ya next tuesday nite!were about in trinity do yas be? hug

come out come out and play!its nite time now!!!its time to play!

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Hey Liz - do you have pink hair and were you at oxegen?

If so I'm Darrell (the guy who hit you in the face with the sock poi) er yeah, sorry about that.

Remember what the doormouse said

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
You are such a charmer Darrell ubblol

Grow old but never grow up

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Declan you didnt say goodbye ubbcrying

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I know. I add to that ubbcrying

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I missed a few goodbyes myself.

including you two girls...

so goodbye smile

and er... hello

and...

see you tomrow probably clare

smile

Love is the law.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
See you and Amelie at falmouth. Everyone have a great time at uber poi biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
We'll do our best biggrin

zlimmember
34 posts

Posted:
nope! ubbrollsmilebut shes one o my friend!thats weird!yeah she was sayin she was doin poi der!burned a big chunck o hair two!!!!!!he he !!she was with either a small girl with blak hair or a tall girl with dreds?yesh??? hug

zlimmember
34 posts

Posted:
elo!nope wasnt me!but strangle enuff it was my friend liz!!!
and no im not crazy talkin about my seklf in the 3rd person!
sshe's small and pink and might have been der with a small bblack haird girl or a tall girl with dreads???? winkunfortunatly i had to work at the week end frown
but nice to meet ya to meet ya nice!!!
hug

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
are you too poor to go to uberpoi? or are you just not so damned interested? well if you can make it, theres a big street festival in balina on saturday night. there will be a big rally in the town at 2:00 with thousands of people that you can busk money from. and there will be a massive session all across the town.
Dec, Helen,i'll buzz ye later to finalize some details.wink

see you all next tuesday for a massive big juggle in the pav!!! theres no excuses this time zlim, if you dont make it... were going to have to kill you .. .. ubblol

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
or theres a big party in belfast with loads of drummers and djs and more fire spinners are wanted..............you get paid with as much as you can eat and drink,,,but best of all, all you can smoke peace I can put people up if they want to come

761 posts

Posted:
forget what i said go to belfast!!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
biggrin

761 posts

Posted:
i have 1 ticket for free transport from dublin, private party access and accomodation to balina this weekend. first to respond to this post gets it!!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Huh resorting to bribing inorder to get people......shame on you eek mad hahahaha smile

761 posts

Posted:
its not like that and you know it.. im very supportive of the little gathering that you're trying to put on in belfast, and im not even being condecending about it. its just that someVIP guests had to cancel, and im putting an offer up here for a guest pass. thats the last time i even attempt to help your feble cause , you can kiss my sweaty ar$e if you want help again!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hahahahaha i was joking......infact Balina sounds like more fun. infact if i wasnt so poor id be invading there myself smile myself and the pretty firepoise are going to organise a huge gathering in aug/sept sometime complete with big-top

761 posts

Posted:
biggrin RAAAA!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ubblol i think Dublins due another visit from me soon again beerchug

761 posts

Posted:
i dunno, could we handle you??

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
of course im a very shy person......

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Can't wait for Ballina! And am i really on a TG4 ad? just wondering as 2 people have asked me now, and i did think i noticed a split second of me spinning somewhere while flicking channels...just wondering.

BTW Barry, i'll see you Sat morning at Busaras, with guest, as planned originally.

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
yep, i've seen that add. are you all dressed up + face painted. i remember commenting that "that girl looks cool. that's the way to spin poi" heh.

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet you Zlim. 'tis a small world and all that.

You should come along to the Pav on Tuesday, it's good craic.

Remember what the doormouse said

zlimmember
34 posts

Posted:
will do !was talikn to liz!!and she says elo!!! wink
shes gona come along on tues with me !!!
so should be an uber fun nite!!! biggrin
hug

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Goodluck for all going to Ballina juggle hug2

zlimmember
34 posts

Posted:
all righty ppl!!!im in a bit of a problem???
ok im lookin for glow poi (led)but i cant seem to find any were in dublin that supplies em??i know there visuals on liffy srt but they dont have any frown
so can any body else out there help me???
il buy off the net if i have to but i really dont wana....
theres a hug in it for ya!!!!! hug

Page: ......