Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)
 providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)
 Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. ÂŁ3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre
 as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre
. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet
 somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet
 somewhere
 a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention
 organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic
 smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Why is your girlfriend going to be a celebrity? I am confussed?!

Tis going to be very sad if you can't make it Mr Ronan... ubbcrying

But Eimhin... you Have to come... you missed the last one (I think), so therefore, you have to!!

I miss you guys frown

Take care
Clare x

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Has anyone heard from Declan lately - is he away?
EDITED_BY: Cloudscape (1127394609)

Remember what the doormouse said

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Helooo

Given that the going away party is not really a going away party any more wink And a certain loved up individual is likely to be heading in a more northerly direction.... smile

...Amelie and i are gonna give tara a miss also. To be honest, The weather sucks ass and as much as i'll miss the faeries im really looking forward to spending an entire weekend in bed, watching movies, smokin my head off and drinkin a few bottles of wine.

Love is the law.

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
All is Crazy... just read the last few pages... WTF... ? ? ? i cant make any of these dam dates... I SUCK ...
Would Love to go to Clon, have not been there for about two years : (

Welcome Pixie dear : )

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
any spinners in derry [or the surrounding area..]?

had a short visit in july + i'd like to come back sometime..
hopefully this time with a few friends, + we can meet up with a few fellow HoP people biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
wave

Hellos... We're not in Derry... but we're in Belfast, which is only a short train ride away!!

Let us know when you're heading this way likwid, would be great to meet up biggrin

Take care
Clare x

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
well, i've spoken to most of the relevant parties (though couldn't get through to Darrell or Johnny) and it seems like it's off. boohoo frown

aidan's right, it's not really a going away party any more, so to heck with it, we can do it again sometime. sooooooon!!!! coz you all have to see my new staffs in action, they are very very lovely and deserve a debut party all of their own if you ask me.... devil

cameron, what are you up to? give me a shout some eve, haven't seen you in aaaaaaages....

my good friend Rich in L.A. is posting my camera back to me today, so we'll have to meet soon and take a wee peek at all the BM snaps biggrin with a bit of luck it might be back on time for clonakilty next weekend!

and Brian ubblove stop lurking tongue come out of hiding and introduce yourself. i'm sure you'll feel quite at home here amongst all the madness ubbloco

grouphug

L xx peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ooooh new sticks... smile

*wanders out singing the love boat*

Love is the law.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm.... biggrin

lots more wick

lots more fire devil

they burn for 7-8 minutes devil

mwaaahahahaaaaa!!!!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Whoooaaa!! Nice one smile

So your coming to clon for juggalage?

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Awww lads... I'm sad you'se aren't coming up to the party at the weekend frown

We spend so much time missioning down south and you guys haven't been up here since SpherculHoP day last Halloween (some of you not at all!!!)

Sigh, oh well... will be good to see you Lisa.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: firepoise

We spend far too much time missioning down south and you guys haven't been up here since SpherculHoP day last Halloween (some of you not at all!!!)

Sounds like a great party but sixteen hours travelling is just a bit much at the mo. not to mention being completly broke. i'll save a bit of cash first and we'll make it to the belfast juggling convention.

Gonna have to buy a car one of these days.
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1127487640)

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
The Belfast juggling thing still ain't confirmed... it's kinda more a hopeful idea at the mo.

Nicky needs to find space.

Are you back working in Cork?!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Yep, just doing a short little contract for a few weeks.

Oh yeah!!! Limerick will soon have an official juggling club! been talking to the youth centers and they are more than happy to let use their space. And if we give some workshops for the kids we get covered under their insurance. bounce

With any luck the university juggling club is going to be back up and running soon too so all going well we might even be able to sort out a little convention for next year some time. And yes we will be passing out protective clothing to all who are brave enough to visit limerick wink

Love is the law.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hi there everyone wave

we have some news for you of the legendary First Clonakilty Juggling(inthebroadsense)Convention bounce2

There will be a bus hired to travel to and fro' the campsite (2km),

this bus will cost roughly €1.50/p/trip. umm

wink

The campsite will be free of charge and there will be HOT showers, a gamesroom-(poolandthelike), some beds, and no restriction on fire or any other niceties ubbloco

This is costing a bit however but we invite the cool community you guys are to make up for this in the donations boxes at the convention which will be in aid of the new Clonakilty Juggling Club, so give generously in a relative way you guys

smile

Well, one week to go everyone,
EDITED_BY: flip (1127507429)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hope it's fun smile

Have a great time, and see you sometime hug

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
C.J.C
clon‘05
Hello there everyone, here’s a little notice to warm your minds to the idea of the upcoming first annual Clonakilty juggling convention. Its coming together nicely down here with the confirmation of a very comfortable campsite with showers, a games-room, and a fire section, which is all provided on a donations basis.
There will be a Convention CafĂ© serving tasty delights from the people immediately related to the people who brought the “Lettercolm kitchen project” to clon’ over a year ago
there will also be a communal kitchen table in this area.
The workshop list is looking good at the moment with quite a few slots already filled, site-swap, contact staff, doubles, diabolo, poi, 3,4,and 5 ball shower patterns, one ball randonimity, and we are looking for volunteers to help run lots of beginners workshops too, to give a warm welcome to the new youth here which will be forming the Clonakilty Juggling Club.
We are also waiting on word from a girl called Katie who may be giving a workshop in the Alexander Technique (she had major dental surgery recently so??).
The hall itself has a stage, and the area will be converted in the evening to a renegade-hall, where more food and liquid refreshments will be available throughout the night’s entertainment.
The cafĂ© will open again, Sunday midday, along with the hall for more fun and learning. Workshops will be followed by all the usual and some of the not-so-usual games com-pere’d and catered for by our great friends of “boggle” or “jamboree” as they are known in clon’.
This convention marks the beginning of the Clonakilty Juggling Club. The clubs foundations have been well laid, with a large juggling community, of all ages and skill levels,
already present in clon’ and the surrounding area.
There will be donation boxes present in the juggling hall in place of cashiers at the cafĂ© area all day and again in the evening, please give generously, and eat and sleep well 

A bus will run in and out from clon’ to the campsite each day. This bus will only run a minimum of times so listen out for our bus-harbringers who will be assigned to call you all together in time for transit. This bus will cost roughly €1.50 per person per journey, at a supplimented rate.

“Listen for the horn” – the convention horn will be used to make all announcements; it will be situated by the registration desk by the workshop-lists, which will be printed and posted on the wall. If you want to give a workshop, or simply see what’s on, where and when, then go see these workshop lists.
Though there will be food, water and refreshments available at the cafĂ©, please feel free to b.ring y.our o.wn, as there will also be a communal  area.
There will be a sound-system going throughout the day so if anyone would like to play their tunes, bring them along.
So its registration from 6 to 9 at the community hall in clon’(we’ll be there setting up if anyone wants to come earlier).
Feel free to bring some little pleasures, as we all know that it’s the little pleasures
cookies, cushions, beanbags, and so on, that can make the “‘chill-out’ area” so much nicer.
For any more info, if you have any ideas, or would like to help in any way, please get in touch with an e-mail to
flipflopproductions@hotmail.com or call one of us,
Eimhin (087-6159449)
Darragh (023-46251
Ronan )086-0621471(

Thanks for bearing with me,
e

ubbrollsmile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
You rock Eimhin

Well done sunshine biggrin

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hey, jus posting coz loadsa people been bitchin at me that i never post up here.

For (nearly) all of u who dont know me im a mate of camerons(imprettylikedrugs) and lisa... im rob from ucd jug soc (And y'all from dublin should come every week from 6 - 9 in UCD)

I spin a bit of poi and do a bit of a couple of other bits.. I kinda know loads of people on this place and i reckon some people might know me .. maybe not tho, but anywho im gonna stop ramblin and go play!!

Chat to all of u soon enough i suppose! beerchug

beernewbie
4 posts

Posted:
hello there, im new on this thread i suppose, everyone sounds real friendly and i'd love to spin with ya guys sometime, im based in dublin, i saw a thread about ucd as a place to go and spin??? whereabouts please? kinda hitting a brick wall practicing by myself....

through out the year i hope to get round ireland and spin in some cool places, i.e castles and beaches, really like photography and pics of fire poi can be amazing

talk to ya'l soon

smile

smile and get naked smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey there beer,

Great to hear from you, glad you found us wink

You'll be made really welcome in Dublin - there's a great spinning community there and you'll be able to learn lots from them.

So tell us a bit more about yourself... favourite toys, name, age etc etc?!!

I'm not down as often as I would like anymore, but perhaps I'll see you sometime... maybe even in Belfast?!

Take care

Happy spinning

Clare x

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
look no further beer and rob, lets all hook up in clonakilty smile

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Aaaaargh, I miss Ireland so much, I hope I'll be back as soon as possible... For those who did not see Galway's pics, they're still available here and you can take a look at my latest pictures from Limoges convention, you will see how lovely Boing balls are when used as light socks smile See u all !

Aurélien

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Salut Aurélien !!!

Hi from amelie and i. hope your well smile nice job on the pics!!

Hope you can make it back over soon, how bout this friday? wink

See all you guys on the weekend, i so can wait to stand in the middle of a dozen blazing parafin smelling wicks again.

bounce2

Love is the law.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Greetings the Irish!

MY name is Ryan, I'm heading over to Dublin on the 14th of October just for the weekend - would be really great to meet some other spinners. In Zim there are a whole three of us...

Don't worry, be happy...

amelimelienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
hello every body!!
am completely lost in this site, so it took me ages to find the thread on my own...
but the truth is , ive got a little fairie telling all thats going on on hop without me having to go ....
hey, Mr milka, very nice pictures of galway, makes me very nostalgic of the spring... another 6 months...
I cant wait to see you guys this week end, and hear all your crazy summer stories !!!
amelie

they're laughing at you but, look ! they're laughing !

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
And make nice pics and vids tongue

beernewbie
4 posts

Posted:
hey guys, name is barry really, spinning poi for 3months now, played with fire from the begining and i love it. love to try staff when im comfortable with fire poi. i like to play short poi with socks also. good wholesome fun smile

clonakilty sounds great, i got no money at the wknd, but i'l check out ucd and trinity(pav) for spinners/juggalars over next couple wks, weathers not so good today for it,

anyone in dublin every gone to the hellfire club in dub mountains, cool setting for a few people spinning fire, old run down stone built building looking down onto the city...

bye

smile and get naked smile

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
hello all grouphug

nice to see we're all up for some overdue divilment this weekend biggrin looking forward to it big time. ronan, i'll let you know what time i expect to arrive on friday as soon as i leave dublin. well done ronan, daragh & eimhin on getting this off the ground clap and yes, it'll be a rocking convention coz we're gonna make it so cool so there tongue

big welcome to beer hug i know the hellfire club. nice spot if it's not too windy, but i rarely go there. big steep climb + heavy fuel & staffs = frown

hey milka, good to hear from you. the pics look great, oh what a good convention that was smile

tir na nĂłg, i should slap you for not posting sooner, but i'm in a good mood so here's a hug instead. you know what? i'm in a really good mood so here's a beerchug too

tadpole, PM me when you're coming to dublin and we'll get something going. would be great to hook up!

ok so, see some of you this weekend then. my new staffs are very flamey indeed so it'll be good to get some decent practise in as they kinda scare me still devil

love, hugs, bubbles & fuzzy fluffy stuff ubbrollsmile

L peace

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi there tadpole,wave

it sure would be great to hook up with you when you are over,

how long will you be hanging around? We-on the wescoast, would love to have you over for a spin if you think you could make it... my number is (087 6159449) so give me a call and we'll sort out beds and stuff,

in any case enjoy those crazy dubs, and make sure to contacct serchio

for a bit of a buzz, he'd only love to meet you, (o87-6568099)

take it easy tadpole,

e... ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: flip (1127911325)

Page: ......