Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

PhoenixOnAStickBRONZE Member
I Live With A Fiery Passion
27 posts

Posted:
Just wannid to wish everyone i met in Ireland a happy Chanukah and/or merry Xmas, goodluck with the busking tomoro night and if anyone sees Mauriead or Paul tell them that Junior doesn't like sobriety!

New years resolution; Lay-off the "yo mama" jokes

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Junior,

Can't believe you spelt my name wrong it's Mairead, you little fanta filled f*cker. We raised over €700 for Simon Community last night weavesmiley juggle ubbloco. Thanks for the email btw.

Hugs hug

M.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Well done lads!!

Good work... and a worthy cause smile

Happy Solstice, Christmas and New Year to all the Irish fire spinnery types... it's been a great year, and I hope we get to meet up a bit more next year...

Best wishes,
Take care
Clare xxx

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by spudmonkey
EDITED_BY: spudmonkey (1167019137)

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
eek scary eek I think someone needs to track down Spudmonkey and make sure he's ok, preferably someone with white coats and giant butterfly nets. Happy Christmas everyone.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
and to think he actually edited that post too!!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by spudmonkey

mosey101SILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Im just posting a message to say thanks to all involved with big fire busking session on Christmas Eve Eve (23rd). Although the exact figure is yet to be counted (Gyrospecdave is looking after that), the amount came to (as "Mauriead" said- sorry i couldnt resist) around about seven hundred big ones...well they're not so big but more your average sized euro currency notes...well suffice to say €700....anyway,its all going to a good cause and will hopefully help the less fortunates at this time of year.

Also Mairead, i have your present (and i was wearing the pockets you gave me all day yesterday and most of today on my trek around Howth Head and they were SO FREAKIN HANDY AND DEADLY FOR juggle SO DARN AND COOL LOOKING!!!!)

Also Mitch, how the hell are ya!How's the Christmas going!? I take it you made it back home alright.

Ian
EDITED_BY: mosey101 (1167077857)

You my friend, i will defend and if we change, well i'll love you anyway

27 posts

Posted:
Congrats to y'all making that 700e that is some darn-tootin good work. and Mairead, i'm sorry spank i'm an inbecile.

And Ian i am absolutely fan-diddly-tastic! No i'm not quite home yet, i'm chilling on the beaches of Sydney now till after new years.

Will fill you in on all the Gory little details within the next coupla days.

till then hugs kisss and a merry christmas to all

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

And good to see you Rob/Firenix also!!

Are you in England this weather? Or are you heading to Thailand too?!!

Take care mister x

mosey101SILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Do i dare ask the question as to how you ended up in Sydney instead of New Zealand (for a second there i was going to say Thailand for some unknown reason)

Send me a PM man of whats the jazz with you....nothin for me has changed since i last saw you in Alex's smoke filled room in the hostel-just studying loads man.

ROCK AND ROLL

IAN

gyrospectdave1SILVER Member
119 posts

Posted:
hey there, for anybody that is interested, and for those of you who arent all that interested, i finaly got around to counting up the money from our charity busk, we made 774euro and then there is the 1cent and 2cent coins and a 10pound sterling note to add to that aswell. so all in all id say around 800euro in total. which was great.

now who wants to bring the money with me to hand it over?

a ig huge thank you to everybody that was part of it, you did great and a great thing.

mosey101SILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hey Dave

Ill help you deliver the monies.Where/when etc?I take it requires me to get out to Dun Laogihre to your abode?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
clap

Well done lads biggrin

27 posts

Posted:
that is a mammoth effort clap
big ups all round!

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I wish all the best for all the people over in Ireland!! Hope u are having a lovely time!!
Sending all my love to you guys!! ( I miss u all)

muxu

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Indeed...

Happy new year everyone... hope you all have a great night tonight (wherever you are in the world!) and best wishes for 2007

Love and hugs
Clare xx

27 posts

Posted:
at 6 am oz time i think i can claim the proud honour of being the first on this forum to wish everone the very best for this new year, even if in the half drunken, half asleep state i canot spell. admittedlyt that begs the question of what im doing on a computer at this time but i'm sure there is some rational explantion for wanting to check emaila nd stuff at this time of morning, but before i ranble on too long about random crap, happy new year hope u all had a good night and hope to see u all sonn as!

Nonkymember
44 posts

Posted:
Indeed- Happy New Year (I think I'm just about sober enough to say that by now ubblol )

t04201901BRONZE Member
79 posts

Posted:
Hi every1, Happy new yr to ya's.

Any meets happenin any time soon? If there is, could some1 let me know the details and what toys i sould bring, fire, glows, or socks. Cheers

CF

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Damnation! Wish I'd seen this thread earlier! Anybody here interested in performing in Mongolia for free in October?

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
HEHEH...Wooktastic Im Gonna Chase you through every forum there is...SIGN ME UP PICK ME, PICK ME!!! the Tall red head!!!

Hello Every one...I Owe You All a HUUUGE appology, I havnt been on this site since May, An Absolute Abhorrent Disgrace...So my Appologies extend far and wide, and i would like to thank everyone the PM'D inquiring about my health...In Response...
No i am Not Dead, I have not moved to Autralia, and i was not the Person Behind the £3 Million Heroin seizure In North County Dublin Last month.

Whats going on folks, theres a significant lack of events in Dublin this time of year. Are we all hibernating? we should be Setting our wicks alight and keeping the genral population warm and amazed.

WHOS WITH ME!!!!! lets dazzle some drunks in templebar!

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys

We're having a huuuuge party in galway this weekend. Its the Stagecraft party in the vic night cluib. Which means shows galore with hoops poi and staff... err there might be some juggling tooo.. sorry about that smile

and of course fire.., and another party in our house.. and crash space...

come along then wink

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm... sounds lovely aidan, but won't be able to make it frown

hey cameron wave was wondering where you'd got to...

happy new year to anyone i've not see yet, big hugs & good blessings for 2007

love & light

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

DeclanBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
hey everybody long time no see for lot's of yee, might see some of ye in Galway at the weekend if i can shake this damn cold.

also everybody go to www.feedingthefish.com and marvel at the most ridiculous glo toys i've ever seen. The poi can leave trails of text!!
Go! watch! be amazed!

Dec.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
feeding the fish did a show at the belfast festival of fools (last year? or the year before)... they're awesome...

They used to work with Aerotech, but now they've designed their own uber toys... great people, lovely show.

have a good party smile

160 posts

Posted:
Those fish folk know MAGIC...Bstards!!! ive been reading harry Potter for years...
Got the text bout the Galway thing but due to being the slut of the telecommunications industry im afraid i can not attend... frown

DeclanBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
speaking of belfast, is there gonna be a juggle / weavesmiley convention?
tis that time of year again...

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Yo Cam.. Rob Here.. This the only way im gonna get to chat to ya now!!?? Get urself n dec n clare over to mine at the weekend for a bit of a spinnin sessiún maybe??

Smell ya later
Rob (Tir na nOg)

160 posts

Posted:
Cead e an sceal?
havnt seen ya for a while... MAy buzz over Sunday, got a work party on Sat, had jambo over last night, he told me of your EPIC random journey to Galway. he fell asleep before he finished recounting the whole tale about the bumper falling of or sumthin!?

Anybody mad for coming to North Africa in two months...Looking for a traveling companion, so just testing the water to see if there's any interest. It would only be for two weeks.

Page: ......