Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
i live in naas but you can stay in mine if you want

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
My God, this thread has gone very quiet.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

splintynewbie
21 posts

Posted:
hey hey folks, just wanted to say a big hey to anyone that was in Temple Bar last night for the busking fun. it's Mark here for any of you guys who dont remember me. met cameron there and must say im totally in awe with ya skills mate and i got that nexus perfect now wink so i expect some more help soon smile anyway i'll see you folks again real soon and take care smile

"If you roll a pencil is it still stationary?"

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
it has been very quiet mariead, but i think that might be something to do with the post-EJC slump. it will pick up again once we hit the Galway convention time. speaking of which, whos goin? i was going on about how im definitely going and nothings gonna stop me.. but my bike was stolen over the weekend.. so if i cant get a good 2nd hand bike i'll have to buy a new one, and im not sure if i'l be able to afford going to GJC after getting a new bike frown

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
blah blah blah.... Slump me boll.....

Galway yay! Anyone driving? biggrin

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Galway's great for 2nd hand bikes
wink

See ye there

grouphug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

Hi all,
is there anyone here from Galway or Dublin with a couch or back yard for a tent?? I am at the EJC and I have had stuff stolen -with this, my wallet and all means for me to access my bank account etc, I have tried to contact the bank and although I can cancle my cards, they wont send new cards out to Ireland... I am really stuck for somewhere to stay as I have all of 20 euros to last until the 27th July when I fly back to England.. oh the dramas of a traveling Aussie. tis all a bit of an unhappy situation. Hugs to you all

just like to say that eve's stuff was not stolen at all. t'was temporarily mislaid under some stuff in garthy's van, silly girl spank

hope to be heading to galway on friday if i have the energy. is everyone else suffering post-ejc-comedown?? i've felt completely devoid of energy the past couple of days. speaking of which... i'm off to my leaba...zzzzzzzzzz...

peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. I fiiinnnallly found a place to live today and am moving in on saturday.... yay!

*does happy dance*

Enjoy it guys! smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

Hi all,
is there anyone here from Galway or Dublin with a couch or back yard for a tent?? I am at the EJC and I have had stuff stolen -with this, my wallet and all means for me to access my bank account etc, I have tried to contact the bank and although I can cancle my cards, they wont send new cards out to Ireland... I am really stuck for somewhere to stay as I have all of 20 euros to last until the 27th July when I fly back to England.. oh the dramas of a traveling Aussie. tis all a bit of an unhappy situation. Hugs to you all

gasp..then reads Faberges post....phew.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

761 posts

Posted:
oh eve you silly silly sausage. at least you have your crap back now.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Ahh BOOO Doc you have to go, you were great at the EJC, that renegade was great fun, go to the GJC and get the bike when you come back. Me, Lucy, Emma, Ian and Dave are going down in my car. I should get a van really and then I'd be able to give everyone a lift, or a plane, that would be cool... em anyway GO TO THE GJC.

El_looninessBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce bounce2 bounce2 bounce peace so hows everybody enjoying the sun shininess of the sun?? about time thats what i sez!! so anyhows im all new to hop, so first thing first, HOWYA!! wave im sure i'll get to know ya'll in time. been poi'in a wee while now and do a wee and i mean very wee bit of staff and it kinda helps livin beside the beach in balbriggan too so if anyone is ever out that way give me shout and we'll see if we can get a session sorted, see ya's when im lookin at ya

UG-IL-GEE-BUG-IL-GEE!!!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fabergé

just like to say that eve's stuff was not stolen at all. t'was temporarily mislaid under some stuff in garthy's van, silly girl spank

I am so happy to hear that! It really depressed me when i read the original post, and made me lose faith in the lovely ejc-goers (or delegates, as the locals amusingly referred to us all ubblol)

No Galway for me unfortunately. I have to work...

And i'm still exhausted, it's not just you!

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
OOOOhh Mairead... my name is Lucie not Lucy... angry
Boooooooo
like the staff move, it's easy to remember, IE not Y
grrrr

Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which i desire!

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
well you are bendy i'll agree, I seriously desecrated you last night didn't I? angelblue

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
yes that was seriously blasphemous... we should never do that in a church... ubblove

gyrospectdave1SILVER Member
119 posts

Posted:
yeah i was watching from the pulpit, i saw everything and my dipper-licker is still sticky spank

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
i told that squirrel to go home before it lost its equilibrium but it couldn't hear me over the climax of the organist still playing the funeral march... did you know any of that congregation?
confused

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
no i've never met any of them before, but i feel really close to them now, after what we showed and shared with them...
Hey Dave, where did you put the hot sauce? umm

gyrospectdave1SILVER Member
119 posts

Posted:
was it hot sauce?
Now that explains a lot, my dipper-licker is all hot and bothered. Mairead was that your first time with a crowd? grouphug

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Yes but I wasn't that shy because of the blindfold, who would have thought you could find that many chains in a graveyard. lolsign

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
Yeah, true... well, we used them well (...)
Are you both going next week? I think I will.
I thought I had no chance of moving that guys hand unless he wanted me to move it. oh yeah I remember now it was my grandmother that had that thing growing in her backpassage.

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah I looked at the tapes and it turned out perfect, I'll make you guys a copy and give it to you in Merrion Park on Tuesday,
(Mairead, the thing you did with the fireguy turned out brilliantly!! we can see absolutely everything!)

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bendy Lucie, your a good director when I can get you in the mood, thankx

mosey101SILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Is that Lucie?....she's a "Bendy f**k she is" (To quote Mairead)

You my friend, i will defend and if we change, well i'll love you anyway

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Ian stop using expletives, think of the children for god's sake. spank

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
At the risk of saying something usefull :raisedeyebrow:

Whats up Doc? You in or out?

There is going to be a huuuuuuuge fireshow in Galway this year.

Love is the law.

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Yeah DOC you have to go.

761 posts

Posted:
im out frown. i'd love to but there are many factors beyond my control that i realy dont want to get into, see all you dubs in merrion square on tuesday, and i hope to see the rest of ye in tralee.

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
I'm bringing my camcorder Doc so if I get any really good stuff I'll give it to you to copy and don't worry there'll be more conventions hug

Page: ......