Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
All of you guys and gals are welcome to stay in cork on sunday night if you fancy getting a bit of rest before you hit the road smile

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
But that doesn't get much of the driving out of the way Aidan.

It depends on whether my car passes today... but if it does, I plan to drive to Dublin tomorrow, pick up Lisa and then go to Cork late Friday or early Saturday.

On Sunday, I might drive back to Dublin, then back to Belfast on Monday - but tis up to Lisa really biggrin

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
Hey folks, just want to put this up here maybe someone is free. i am running a fundraiser in galway on June 4th and i would like to put on a bit of a show. I realise there are a few things on the same weekend and I dont want to take anyone from those but if you happen to be in galway and are free i would really appreciate it. hug

Grow old but never grow up

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
dec, June 4th is my birthday ubbrollsmile

was planning on throwing a party as i'll have to be out of my apartment by the end of the month too, but barry & helene are having a mushroom party on the 3rd, so not too sure.

i'm well up for an all weekend bender, not sure about everyone else though, the lightweights & such.... wink

ubbrollsmile

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
tongue

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Puh. I just like my sleep biggrin

And can I say... happy birthdays with lots of added shimmeying and stilt action for the lovely Firebyrd whose birthday it is.

I was going to put this in her intro thread, but she doesn't seem to have one eek so it goes here instead biggrin

Happy birthday pretty lady xxx

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
*counting down the hours to the shindig in cork*

bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday Honey wave hug smile kiss ubblove ubbtickled

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
bwaaahaaaa

i just got 200ft of wick

raaaaaa

biggrin

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
biggrin

did you get stung for duty?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
not a bob

rock on

Love is the law.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
elo elo

righto, there is a carnival on in kinsale this coming july 23rd

They've dont have any money to pay performance groups but are willing to cover all expenses and we can do all the busking we want. The town is going to be mobbed so it could be handy.

Let me know if your interested. And if you are, let me know exactly what your expenses are.

hugs

a

Love is the law.

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
oh, sounds like that might be a bit of fun. i'll more than likely head down for a while, not so sure about the busking though.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Ok I have got permission from the Beach warden people.........type things umm To have a HUGE beach party in the summer (Date still to be confirmed thught it was best to check what was suitable for everyone) in Portstewart biggrin I know not the best places in the world but the beach is nice..... as long as we tidy up after us theres no problem. Ive had partys there before and Its been great fun so if your interested let me know

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello Colleen... yep, that sounds wicked - but call me back woman!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Oh soz my phones up stairs....so what time you coming over then??????

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
go get your phone woman!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Love is the law.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hello Everyone

On Thursday 9th of June there is a gig on in Limerick in aid of CARI (children at risk in ireland). An organisation that supports abused children and their families. Its a very good cause.

Let me know if your interested.

Love is the law.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
me. me!

oh.

wrong country frown

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
smile

hug

if you send over a video we can play it on a big screen in the backround

biggrin

Love is the law.

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
hey strangers,

Colleen, if you wanted to do the fire thing up at Portstewart wouldn't it be better to go down the beach a bit to Strandhill and book out one of the big rooms in that really nice hostel that sits under the cliff? Then the beach is on the doorstep, we wouldn't have to kip on floors and we could have the run of the place and not worry about waking up your mum when we got back in at god knows what time of the morning. It also means once we got there no one would have to think about transport to and from the beach because it's literally a case of walking out the front door! It's dirt cheap and I love it, they're really easy going and the last ime we were down the owners came down to watch and brought us wine...... there are so many reasons to go back
whadya think?
Any other takers?

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
beach party? biggrin when?

actually i can't really make any promises just yet. my summer schedule is almost full. every weekend between now and mid august is almost fully booked.

may have room to squeeze in the EJC or another couple of parties if i'm persuaded.... ubbrollsmile

and i handed in my notice at work yesterday bounce

30 more days then free free free....

sunny

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
hey faberge!

So you made it in to work yesterday, I'm impressed, I broke out into a cold sweat half way through teaching a maths lesson about four o'clock in the afternoon... totally wrecked, nothing a good night's sleep won't sort out though.

I forgot the recipe for the carrot and apple muffins but I'll send it to you before the weekend.

many hugs D

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Beach parties rock. sunny

Remember what the doormouse said

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of camping on the beach but hostel sounds good too, and it is a really nice friendly one....ok id better get to the circus school..... juggle before i get lectured by housemates and brother... see you there firebyrd hug

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Im Soo, sunburnt...... Oh to have Kevlar skin, the Possabilities would be endless.... Alas! i have red hair and blisters for skin.

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Im itchy itchy itchy, some form of insect or other had a feast on my back on Saturday.

Still though, it was worth the war wounds.

Remember what the doormouse said

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Yup.... We kicked those iNvaders Butts.... In A really Nice friendly way : )

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Right so, we've all had an amazing weekend smile - actually the last 2 weekends for those who were at both Galway and Tara biggrin

But there isn't a summer solstice/Uk invasion/juggling convention every week...so here's a reminder of what there IS every week.

Tuesday night juggling in the Pav in Trinity is up and running - from around 7.30pm til they kick us out. Just show up - all welcome, and the more toys the better juggle weavesmiley juggle and maybe beerchug

Also, from what i hear, Sunday afternoon lazing about with occasional object manipulation is back on in Stephen's Green, by the bandstand. Again, just go, throw or swing something around, and more will materialise. Time is approximately 3pm, or whenever people make it there.

Hope to see ye all there soon hug

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Page: ......