Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Thank for the party and hospitality Barry. When's Tralee? I don't think I'll go...tis a bit far no?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
November I think... Dee posted the details a page or so back...

Its a good one James... plus, i'll be there wink

Love is the law.

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Just to confirm: from the emeraldcircus mailing list, details for Tralee, sent on Wed, 23 Aug 2006...

Hi all,

Had a few queries so decided its time to put the dates out there. Fri 24th-Sun 26th November, Tralee 6th juggling convention. Little bit early for much news but we have the hall, and theatre booked. Also am just confirming some tasty acts!! Also am looking at a nice, really nice, renegade venue, more details to follow.....

That's it for now folks, will keep ye up to speed with developments.

Looking forward to it.

Fanzinis.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
cool, i thought it was going to be the first weekend in NOvember. savage!
James... absolutely no problem , mi casa su casa.. or whaever...
speaking of su, is sue coming back to ireland for the tralee convention?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Or, you could ask me directly Barry smile

I think we'll be there if we aren't working...

761 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

Or, you could ask me directly Barry smile

I think we'll be there if we aren't working...

i wouldve asked you directly if i were replying to your post. but since i was replying to Lisa, i asked her.:)

speaking of belfastians, is there gonna be a convention on up there this year? (thats a general question to the whole community btw wink)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
no word as yet on the Belfast Juggling Convention, but i'm sure they'll hold it again due to the success of this years. i'm sure Colleen will post as soon as there's any info, or if i hear anything first i will be sure to let all you know.

also, not making a decision just yet on tralee. it's an aaawwwwful long way to drive from here. we were down there recently & poor clare had to drive for 7 & a half hours getting back (thank you clare hug ) you can get to new york quicker than that! though i could be encouraged to extend the trip with a few days in galway or dublin before or afterwards if you ask me nicely... wink

will be down in dublin for a few days next week if anyone fancies meeting up, for beers or somesuch... won't be about on tuesday though. baz, are yourself & helene about? think i owe you a birthday drink beerchug

snuggles grouphug

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
yes there will be a convention in belfast around the same time as last year im just deciding between venues ect......so i expect you all to be there wink

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

761 posts

Posted:
fabs, im back to full swing in college. i cant think about what im going to be doing next week, all i can plan for is the weekend for the tralee convention. but sure you have my number, give me a buzz when youre in Dubland. i'll be in college monday, tuesday and wednesday nights, and thursday all day. so i might be able to meet up on thursday night or friday night

it'd be great to see ye in tralee, but sure if ye cant make it, sure dont worry, i'll talke my camera and show the convention to ye in belfast. you'll be going to the belfast convention wont ye?

Col, lookin forward to another ripper up in belfast this year!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
hug

You're all lovely smile

Lisa and Clare (Look, I remembered to leave out the "i" :o ) - thank you again so much for the hospitality, the fun, the food, the car cleaning umm and all the other stuff.
Hurrah for the role-reversal rehersal - but booooo to me for turning the camera off for it frown

So, what's this about a Belfast Convention? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hurrah - well done little monkey man smile

Thanks so much for being outstanding... the shows would not have been so good without you - and I received a lovely letter from the client of the Waterfront show today. Hurrah smile

And thanks for the car cleaning - which, in fairness, only took a couple of hours - and you were the first to ride in my shiny new Tardis/postmistress patricia van biggrin

More role-reversal rehearsal!!! ubblol I laughed so much I nearly peed.

But you're so slack on that vid... you've been home 3 whole days now... and it still doesn't download. Puh. tongue

Take care, best wishes, and see you soon mister - hope to bring the toasters back to B'fast someday soon hug2

(Convention is in February... I'll be there, if I'm not in Thailand smile )

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hey guys... ado please get in touch, clare please also get in touch and convention planning is also underway.....tring to get it all sorted now so i wont be running around like a headless chicken like i was last year lol......sitting watching robin hood the tv series......Mmmmm quite interesting have to say that robin hood is making for very plesent veiwing lol see you all soon

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I'll certainly help out with anything I can Colleen...

Best wishes
smile

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
...just wanted to say hello to all you irish lights!! biggrin ubbrollsmile

...and wanted to say thanks for all meetings and sharings and possibilities to stay..this summer in ireland...
kisses to galway and the rest!! ubblove

i-m still in germany....first autum time since 4years..how different life can be confused ubbloco rolleyes

hopefully you all enjoy your times and your lovely community!!

see you once again!!

ubblove josh

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
Hi All...

Fun to see that its som much activity here. Just seen Clears and Durbs Burnt_Farl Vid. Brilliant I must say. I miss Northern Ireland Alot. While sweeden is mecka for the Amature Firepreformer Due to the seriusly massive amounts of workshops all year around its hell for everyone else. It rains rains and rains almost to your standards. Its also a standard 10 degrees colder then NI. But Im having fun anyways.

I hope U all are having fun. And I hope to be back sone ti Visit. Was planing in November but somthing came up.

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hope all is going well Thomas! Good to hear from you hug

Glad you enjoyed the vid, it was just a bit of fun at the magic lighthouse in Donaghdee - we take all our visitors there biggrin

But it was a particularly nice afternoon...

Josh!!! wave

Great to hear from you again mister - I'm going to be in Germany next week - from Wednesday til the following Tuesday... where are you?!

smile

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hei josh....where are you at the moment???

hug
tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

splintynewbie
21 posts

Posted:
hey hey...just wondering if i saw any of u spin last night in belfield college in dublin..i was the randomer that turned up for bout ten minutes to meet some friends and left...

"If you roll a pencil is it still stationary?"

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
@ clare: just now i-m in tübingen..still in germany..since 4 years hadn-t that cold.....feeling bit lost..but my moneysituation wasn-t so good.to move to my lovely south!!(la gomera?? thailand??)
so started to work...earned my first 35 eur today..proud!!

i gonna be here around.... in the south of germany..tübingen and stuttgart....21 .10 in mannheim..holy ammaji is coming..indian holy mama!! ubblove
so if you around..have a look ..you-re welcome!!
where you gonna be?

@ martina: also dir gelten fast die gleichen infos..nur das ich deutsch schreibe(sorry everybody!!)...
geh grad durch alle emotionalen tiefen..bin den herbst nimmer gewohnt..hard work!..miss la la gomera...
aber stück für stück zurück ins licht!

love to everybody!!

josh hug frown

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
hug2

Josh!

I thought Amma was to be in Munich last weekend?

I hope you get to see/hug her biggrin

I'll be in Dusseldorf, methinks...

Hope to see you somewhere...

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Hey Splinty,

Do you post on yahoo groups as splinterific? If you do then I probably know you through that, I post as fireblitzgirl (my super hero name), you should go to Trinity on Tuesdays, UCD on Thursdays and come busking on Fridays, there's some on this Friday, come say hi.

Hugs,

Mairead biggrin

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

splintynewbie
21 posts

Posted:
hey hey mairead, UCD and trinity are buggers for me to get to as is the one i was at on monday...i work and live in swords so town is a pain...as for friday i may turn up, gotta see what the plans are for the weekend smile
and yup thats me on the groups smile

"If you roll a pencil is it still stationary?"

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
Hi all, A friend of mine is planning a visit to The republic and since she is a Poier like the rest of us she whould love to meet up with someone likminded. For a laught, a spin and a taste of the local brew. Anyone in Dublin or the roundabouts interrested in helping me out intruducing her to this wonderfull green island?
EDITED_BY: FireSmurf (1160698597)

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
clare...she was !!already in munich..yes from the 3th to the 5th frown

now she-s in switzerland in a place...

düsseldorf is abit far away from hear..3 hours 30 by train...
if not maybe next time...

only you come more south!!??

ubblovejosh

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, at the minit i live in manchester, but as of the 21st im moving to cookstown in northern ireland,

firstly: does anyoune know where the [censored] that is?

secondly: does anyone live near there?

thirdly: where is the nearest meet spot?

cheers

stake

Nonkymember
44 posts

Posted:
Hi Stake,

I used to live near Cookstown, its very much in the Middle of Northern Ireland. Its a wee Market town place.

Hope you have fun there! smile

Your nearest meet place would be Belfast- about 40 miles or so from Cookstown- Do you drive?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey Stake... PM me your details, I'll add you to the list biggrin will be good to meet you...

Thomas... good to hear from you, I'm sure some of the Dublin ones will be around at some stage...

Josh... sorry I missed you darlin... I had a really splendid time in Dusseldorf... and saw one of the most incredible poi dances I have ever seen ubblove biggrin biggrin ubblove

Hope you're all well and smiling... smile

wyld_phyreSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
God I'm wrecked can't believe last night went on for so long. Shall defo be returning to the crescent clare. Thanks to lisa for showing my that I always feel so greatful when I get more knowledge. Anyhoo, speak soon!

Not like its any of your beeswax!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin

Glad you had a good time Peter... tis always good to see you out and enjoying it...

Take care

hug2

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
clare: which poi danves you saw in düsseldorf?? confused ubbidea

next time we see each other!! saw you ammma??

me i-m quite well mostly smiling..creating present to develop future in december/january--asia ubbloco

a kiss hug

josh

Page: ......