Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Clare - I saw you on tv last night pretty lady!

Martin - Will text you tomorrow about fire thing - am working til 8.30, so you may not be able to get hold of me before then.

Hopefully will see you all on the 23rd - and maybe park the van outside Aidan's seeing as how he has so many toilets?

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
any space for a long voyager in the van Hel?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Yay!!

We even have our very own parking space right nice and secure behind a big gate in the apartment block...

ill go paint your name on it this evening, and on one of the toilets too :-)

Love is the law.

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
I will love to see those toilets Aidan!!! What a shame that we don't live together anymore, that house sounds kind of cool!! Sorry I don't think I can make it for dinner this time!!

Send lots of hugs to everybody up there, leaving the country on thursday, back to the Basque Country!!( at least the plane goes there) and after,...we will see,...

Have lots of fun at the rowing club guys, it sounds like is going to be a good one!!

take care

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
kisses to you maiuki, wherever you are.....
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

take care,
tina
xxx

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone biggrin

Well, thanks to some subtle persuasion by Drew, I've had a rethink...

So... I'm flying to Bristol this Saturday for the start of the BJC, flying back on Thursday, then driving Lisa and myself to Galway for the party...

Is that ok? Is there space for us to stay?!

Clare x

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oops...

This means I won't be at Tuesday nights workshop or fire gathering... but Lisa and Dale will look after everything... biggrin

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Edited, just in case i'm wrong.

this post will make no sense unless you read the last one.

clare, i'll ask the lads.

James, come... I'll make you a cup of tea if you do...

Love is the law.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Nuts, I just found out that Eimhin's thing is non saturday week and I just volunteerd to work the next day yesterday frown

Poo.

I'll still try make it anyway.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ado did you get my message???? Ahhhhhhh flu is mean

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
heya, yep, got your message, should be able to get them to you next week. I work out of the way so getting to a post office is a pain in the arse.

clare, dont know if you got my mail. looks like there is room at the inn. your all welcome to crash if you can find a corner.

I wont be around on friday evening guys so let me know if your coming along and I will leaveout keys for ye.

a

Love is the law.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
I won't be able to come along because I'm working frown

Have a great weekend lads, and good luck Eimhinn!

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
'ello smile

shall see most of you in galway this weekend so. looking forward to it!

L peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi everylovelyone,
little glitches in the schedule for Saturday but all is to go ahead in any case...just with small differences in music, performance space and other insignificancies, anywho, see you saturday,
and if anyone's at home in front of telly check out the crazy Ryder Cup show and watch out for all your galway pals ubblol
its ridiculously extravagant for something with such little depth...confused2...but we're in it bounce2
watch out for Aengus as a golfing god- thirty foot tall,
Mariosa inside a bubble w/poi, Anna Lee as same, Clare running around with neptune, everyone else...oh and me, with a giant tee and later as a vintage golfer arm in arm with a giant golfball head,
enjoy, we have been,
Eimhin...
p.s welcome

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey flip,

You comin over for a play this eve?

Be there or be an ellipsoid...

Love is the law.

761 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

anyway. big E, gotta disapoint. im not going to be gracing you with my presence at your leavin party frown . i hope u have a fantastic time in Circumedia, teach them a thing or two. and we'll meet again in the not too distant future.

while im here. if anyone is around dublin on the 29th of september. im throwing a party in my flat. t'd be great if ye cud come.

btw eimhin, will you pm e your e-mail addy so i can keep hounding and annoying you while youre away.

see y'all round

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Thats too bad Doc...

Hope too see all you guys soon... give sue a poke for me smile

Love is the law.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
little glitches in my schedule too. won't be in galway til saturday, thought i could make it down on friday but something's come up.

apparently galway's due to be hit by hurricane this weekend too... hmmm...eek

so i suppose i should bring paraffin? or have you guys found somewhere that sells it yet?

761 posts

Posted:
stay indoors with the doors locked and a few bottles of bu**fast.

me and LN send big sloppy inapropriate kisses to ye smile
have a savage party!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hi guys,
haven't found parrafin around fabby...Im afraid...and *sigh*
I may have to defer my placement in circomedia as the bank won't fund my adventure ubbcrying or should I say, my mom, who has worked in the bank for 30 yrs, reckons I can't handle such a dream and refuses to indemnify my "whims". censored
Anyways all beating round the bush and being unrealistic aside, I took a look at my options today and they were:
1.get a grant, and all will be well; lightlyhood:f**k-all
2.defer and go travelling for 6 months then work to raise the money for next year; (looks like a horse pushing a cart)
3.Use what money I have to go back to college and complete my final year,defer circomedia, and start saving.
So methinks the third is the best option if the first doesn't work out. confused2
So there's a chance the party will be the "hurray I'm not going anywhere party" nevertheless it will be a party...did I mention the party? hmmm,
well its been a bloody long day I'm off for a play at Aidans, and a pint before bed, I deserve it,
Big up to the spiiny massive clap
ciaou,
E...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
spinny massive...ahem

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Shitbags for the pains in the arse frown

Well I'll be seeing you this friday anyway

bounce

hug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
There is indeed fuel, nice familiar parafin at that, In the paint shop, near the rowning club, kinda.

And there is a possibility of a secret hide away for fire spinners who dont like the rain... smile

hug for eimhin, I hope you didnt go to work today dude wink

Baz, we'll be sure to rock it up for you...

Love is the law.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Are there any rides from Dublin on Saturday?

*Looks round hopefuly* biggrin

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
james, i'm heading down on the bus on early saturday if you fancy keeping me company. or alternatively, if you find a lift & there's space for wee little me then let me know smile

eimhin eek i'm so sorry to hear that babe frown but never fear, we shall celebrate the fact that we're not losing you to bristol... at least... not yet beerchug

without wanting to sound too conceited redface & for those of you who haven't seen it yet, the director of the bbc filmshoot we did a while back has added more footage to his myspace page... namely ME! check out the Fire Queen at the bottom of the page
https://www.myspace.com/floodvision

redface devil bounce2 devil wow devil ubbrollsmile

see you all on saturday...

Lisa peace

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fabergé

without wanting to sound too conceited redface & for those of you who haven't seen it yet, the director of the bbc filmshoot we did a while back has added more footage to his myspace page... namely ME! check out the Fire Queen at the bottom of the page
https://www.myspace.com/floodvision

Lisa peace

Oooh pretty.... my workmates have even started to comment "Have you seen the fire stuff on BBC??" - your fame will soon preceed you! biggrin

761 posts

Posted:
WOW!!! that looks brilliant. and to think i was there, part of the coalittion that brought you into the world of staffing. and now youre doing videos. hip hip for firepoise.com.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
holy s**t,
you guys look amazing, that absolutely rocks, I'm sooo jealous! clap

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Beautiful footage of lovely peeps....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ooo another reason to look forward to getting home.

What time are you getting the bus Lisa?

Page: ......