Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Ah BOOO!!! I'm going to London this weekend (I hope I am anyway, I don't know if all this terrorism stuff will affect my flight) That camping sounds like fun, if I wasn't going away I would have joined you.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ouch getting slabs in b n q for my bed of nails act tonight and some idiot droped one on my hand my thumb is screwed...me not happy

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hi guys. I'm bringing a master drummer over to Ireland on the weekend of the 9th of September.

Details can be found details can be found here....

https://www.djembefola.net/seckouworkshop.htm

Can you let anybody you think would be interested know please.

Places are limited to book early...

James

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhh... looks awesome, I know a few folk who would be interested, I'll let them know.

Hope you're ok James... thinking about you darlin
Clare xx

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
that'd be great Clare.

If people want to me to try and sort them out for accomodation just let me know...

I'm doing ok. My head's wrecked but I'm managing...it's just coming out in a manic way.... I'm quitting smoking too again (day 2) so it's a big source of it too.... hug

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey James

I'll pass the word on here also...

nice one on the smoking...

get yourelf a nice pipe wink

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Well, quitting might not be such a bad idea at this time...

I've forwarded this post and your mobile number and email to the interested peoples...

Take care mister... we love you lots

hug2

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hello to everyone from germany, I´m back on Thursday and then on friday the 2nd clionakilty juggling convention is happening. So we´ve got that lovely big sports hall happening again, this time renegade show is in a pub place in town and afterwards i´ve heard rumours of a beach party and fire play if weathers nice.
Camping is available, this year 5 mins walk from the hall.
Get a bus from cork to clonakilty to get here.

I´ve been ubereurope inspired and looking forward to a nice long practice session.... darragh is still working on the 24hour hall but its definitly not for certain.

Hope everyone´s well and see you soon

grouphug

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
bounce..........bounce...........bounce...........(tumbleweed going past) eerily quiet on this thread, anyway, anyone got any info on the Tralee convention? I know the clonakilty is on this weekend but need info re: Tralee so I don't end up in Amsterdam biggrin on the same weekend.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hi all,
just got accepted to circus school and so off I go on the 27th
of september to Circomedia- Bristol wave
but before i go there's one last party...and..................
YOU"RE ALL INVITED bounce bounce bounce beerchug beerchug
it's StageCraft's first official Birthday Party and its on either the 22nd or saturday the 23rd...I'll keep you posted.
For those of you who know who you are- don't feel obliged rolleyes
Feel OBLIGATED umm clap
oh and its in the rowing club !Galway! a.k.a 'where its at'
See you there or never again,
Eimhin...
p.s i didn't really mean that...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Dude, I just took out my diary and that's like.....a wednesday... You don't make it easy do you!

Good to see you on the weekend!
When I say you doing poi with your hat on i was dying to see some PHAT (poi and hat). You should work on that! smile Talk to Dev kev.

You're on my top 10 list of huggers btw ... ! hug

James

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
As sent to emeraldcircus: details for the 6th Tralee Convention

Plenty of notice, so no excuses!

Dee

Hi all,

Had a few queries so decided its time to put the dates out there. Fri 24th-Sun 26th November, Tralee 6th juggling convention. Little bit early for much news but we have the hall, and theatre booked. Also am just confirming some tasty acts!! Also am looking at a nice, really nice, renegade venue, more details to follow.....

That's it for now folks, will keep ye up to speed with developments.

Looking forward to it.

Fanzinis.

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hey eimhin.......or rather heaven!!!!
bounce bounce bounce so happy for you!!!

hug

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh yeah to clarify...thats the 23rd of Sertember in the Rowing club-Galway. devilFiries outside w/ renegadegrouphug inside com'pere'd by bounce2 bounceAengus and Reubin. Sooo... starting at 8Pm with a renegade for as long as y'all can keep it going..., followed by two live local bands who rock!!!-"husband and wife" and the other name escapes me for now....(which has no bearing on their excellence- as i tell all the people whose names I forget) which in turn is followed by turning on the tunes and dancing happy for the night weavesmiley juggle ubbloco beerchug nana wow
So come one come all and if you don't have a tent at least bring a sleeping bag wink

Oh and james this ones for you hug ubbrollsmile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh and "Thanks Ma'tina" hug2

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Dev? Kev? what did I miss? confused

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Congrats Eimhin!!

Hope you have a great time, I'm sure you'll learn lots biggrin

James, hope you're doing ok darlin... hug2

And I hope everyone else is having a great summer biggrin

If any of the Galway crowd see Reuban, tell him hellos and congrats from Andy and I - we saw him come runner-up in the Bangor busking festival yesterday...

He did a great show, with loads of confidence - especially since the rain chased off the audience just before he was due to start!! But by the end, he had a huge audience again... hurrah biggrin

Best wishes everyone
Clare x

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Yay Eimhin! I am sure you will look absolutely fabulous in tights... wink

James, met your twin recently! He is way into drums, has similar plans to what you have in mind via internet networking etc.He's bringing a spectacular drummer here to teach and perform next weekend, and couple of african dance insructors/performs too. Wicked. We are combining workshops with an organic feast and wild night dancing at my friends retreat center. Wish you were here! Hope you are doing well.

Clare,Yay! I am so excited you are on COL 2006! Way to go! I can not wait to see it. I hardly got to see you spin this last trip... Next time...

Love to all you guys, I soooooo miss Ireland!
EDITED_BY: BansheeCat (1156876623)

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Nice one eimhin!

I'm down in cork for next while, so give me a shout and call on down for a visit sometime

hug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin

Tis a pity I didn't get to see/dance more at the EJC, but I had a good time doing something unexpected... I hope everything is going well on your missions, lady hug

As for the COL thing... lol, I suspect I'm on there cos I was the only Irish entry... it most certainly wasn't my best dance ever...!

But... this is where the title came from (rolleyes biggrin):

The Story of the Lake

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
 Written by: flip

just got accepted to circus school and so off I go on the 27th
of september to Circomedia- Bristol wave

clap

Congratulations Eimhin!

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey all you guys

If anyone would like to join us in tullamore are going field picking, firespinning and chilling out with some of the biggest oldest trees in ireland this weekend... we are getting the train down saturday morning.

Its only an hour outside dublin and the forest is dense enough to keep out the rain... enough

and we found this lovely field full of sheep... for all you sheep lovers... wink

Hope to see all you guys soon... whos coming to galway for the party? Why is it on a wednesday night!!! Bloody hippies.

ps, amelie is leaving for france in a couple of weeks too...and may not be back except for the odd weekend... so we may need to organise another party smile On a weekend wink or... Gatecrash!!!! ubblol

Are you coming Ronan? Bring that 'Healthy' brother of yours...

Hey miss banshee!!! pm on the way... hope your well. hugs

Love is the law.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
my god i havnt been here in ages, Eimhin, youre going to Circomedia . im so happy for you!!! youre gonna blow them away man!!

Ado, sounds like a helluva lot of fun, will you be retaining any of that fungal madness for the Tralee convention?

hope to see yous around tonight lads. im gonna throw on some black clothes and head out to grafton street for the first spion in a very VERY long time.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Maybe wink

Love is the law.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Ado, Amelie, I miss you!

761 posts

Posted:
lads, does anyone know what time the fire meet in paris is. i know its on at the 'palais de tokyo' of a saturday night, but im not sure what time it is. LN's headin over this weekend for 2 weeks and she wants to meet up with all the french fire flingers.
cheers ta.
hope to see some of ye on grafton street tonight.
Dr.F

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
hello petals hug not been here in a while

barry, i think we arrived there at 10ish, but it was closer to midsummer so it got dark later, i'd imagine they start at dark but LN could check www.burncrewconcept.org i'd check it for you but je ne parle pas francais tongue

big hugs & congrats to eimhin, you lucky bugger. you soooo deserve it hug biggrin

& more hugs & congrats to clare for making the col6 dvd clap for those who haven't seen it yet it's beautiful sunny

wish i could have made it to tullamore, sounds idyllic, i really need to get another such weekend in before the end of the summer but there aren't enough days in the week lately. aidan, make sure you let me know when amelie's leaving.

slàn

L peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Oh, beautiful Faberge, something wonderful is coming your way fairly soon- working on it last night! A little at a time, it comes together... working on a silver moon form for part of it.

Sadly, one of my most treasured and well used flags has gone astray. NOOOOOOO!!!!! I have put up Wanted posters,but it has not come back yet. Maybe PM me, let me know if there is a way you could make me another, single, to pair the lonely one?

So far got around five orders for flags from people here, going for ten, then will be in touch!
xoxo
a

BobbinsSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
As of next tuesday 5th Sept - Streetwise community circus are running an open session at Morton community centre (off the Lisburn Rd) from 5.00 - 7.00 for anyone interested in practicing any circus stuff including poi. It's open to all adults and its free so it would be great to see some of you there.
Hopefully i'll see some of you at the crescent later on as well.

cheers

Dave

Work Less, Spend Less!

761 posts

Posted:
Sounds great Dave. where is that on, Belfast?

Page: ......