KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
forgive my spelling. it's definetly not one of them.

what counts as a saleable skill?

like, in theory you can get money from fire twirling, but the vast majority of peoiple arn't going to be garnted an immigration visa for that. What kinds of things can you market if you don't have a degree? I haev expierienc ewaiting tables, but again, i don't think anyone cares enough to help me gte into another country...

now, what i do have some expiereicne in is carepntry, although i think i'd need a more seriosu job than set construction before anyone would want to take me overseas...

anohter thing would be equestrian topics... I've had a few menial jobs mucking stalls/feeding/grooming etc....
i've worked around horses and ridden for along time, and i've always had compliemnts on how i handle horses... lots of knowledge of eventing and less so of dressage, competed at lower levels, and jump judged at lower levels too, done some otehr horse show volunteer work... i could do work as an announcer, paperwork in conjunction with some industry or another, i have decent computer skills, i'm friendly, i haev the actual expierienc eworking with horses... can i somehow turn this to my advantage?

oh and is there anyhting else that it isreasonably easy to gain additional skills/ knowledge in that is really marketable?

thanks much for the advice...

Peace & Love

Kyrian

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, so through reading that I am assuming you are trying to get out of the US and go somewhere else, right? On a work visa?

Well, herein lies the difficulties.

1. Where you want to go will determine how you get in. Australia, for example, has a hellatious check-point system for immigration. BUT some companies in Scotland (at least a few years ago) was looking for re-construction workers from all over the globe.

2. Here's the thing, what you have a general labour skills, which isn't bad but, every country has people who have general labour skills and so usually don't use that as criteria at all. Other more marketable skills require an investment of time.

Now, there are options:
*College Exchange programs. They get you out and they get you educated.
*Merchant Marines. I know a guy who is one. Get a job on a ship and see the world while doing it.
*Military, same deal as merchant ships, more regimented job, but you get a good education while doing it.
*Sell yourself out as a mail order husband.
*You can try to get into one of those small travelling circus show and go that route. It ain't easy though.
*Or you could try to wait a few years, get yourself a nice trade (going to trade school usually takes shorter time than university or college) and then market yourself out and see where that might take you.

Anyway, hope this helps, even a little bit.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Surely anywhere will let you in if you just say you're from the US of A!!! Right?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Pele, Kyrian is a girl so the husband job maybe tricky for her.

So nice to see the mods paying attention.....

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, if you're real cute, and good with fire, and your hands(i mean massage, you pervert), you can be in my circus! but seriously, countries usu. love social worker types, so if you know how to work the scene, you could go as a social worker(the wolrd need fire dancers!) or minister of some religion. i'm a minister of the universal life church(a mailorder minister) for about 12 yrs now. i've never tried to travel with it tho. anyone know about that angle? usu. when we get flown out of country the promoter takes care of all that, so i don't know, i'm just shooting in the dark here... okay, okay, i'll shut up.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the funny thing is where oz is concerned they actually say that it's harder to get in from the us, but it should still be ok... *sighs* my country scares me.....

a lot.....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol um where did all these other posts come from....?

ok, back to reality.

Pele, thank you, will consider... if i had a better back i could be a farrier... those are in short supply fricken everywhere... but ah well... hrmmm

And yes, i am female, most people don't seem to get that, but i figure the more threads i mention it in the better it will go...

anyone else besides Pele with practical advice?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sorry Kyrian. Happens to me all the time too, but mostly cause of that soccer player.

Mail order Bride? I hear they are pretty popular. Maybe there is some hot little spinner around here willing to marry you for completely illegal purposes!

Cantus, you are lucky I remember you're a guy! Sheesh!
Like I am supposed to keep track of a few thousand people!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
quote:
originally posted by rockstarashi
well, if you're real cute, and good with fire, and your hands(i mean massage, you pervert)
I mean first you pick me up on the whole chuba chup-thing, and now your reading my mind... I mean honestly... who reads a mind...

Kyrian, I've been looking for a repectable place to stay... ( yes... with both names of course...) and seeing what I can do with employment... I'll be doing my best... luvs ya...

---------------------------------
I aspire to help my fellow man. As long as he’s not smelly or dirty or something gross.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought you would've noticed Kyrian pointing it out some place. She does so in just about every thread (as she mentioned).

If you were to marry an Australian, Kyrian, then you could get citizenship. If only we could think of someone for you to marry......

My brother tried to move OZ a while back but he didn't have enough of the required skills. So he went to college to better himself. He seems to have forgotten all about it now he's qualified though. Which is a shame.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
... Wait, Pele's a girl?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]