cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
this was so scary (and fun) i just had 2 share it wit u all.
right we were all going to this local music festival so i thought i'd take my poi along. i met this person called mr sunshine and he was into poi to, and he was like, hey, ill run home and get my fire stuff!! but the security said we weren't aloud 2 do it unless we went on stage!!
so we ended up on stage in front of 200 ppl!! and it was only the 2nd time i'd spun fire!! it was sooo scary! but afterwards i just wanted to do it again...

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
That's great news !!! and exciting too !!!
I'm really happy for you, Cutie

shine on, you superstar
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
thanx

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
thats wicked!! aww man , places i go to tend to just yell "fookin hipppppppiiiii!" and push me. Sob...

but anyways, thats fab that you did that!
vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
That´s really really cool. Its great that you just went out and did it. Sure you were fabulous.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
that is great! my second time was in a rainy feild with 4 people watching wish it could have been on a stage in front of 200!
Molly

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
my first tiem was in fornt of a stage in teh middle of a big circle of stoned and tripping hippies......

second time was quite uneventful though

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Watch out CPG...it is completely addictive!
Nice job!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Addictive?

What could possibly be addictive about finishing your routine without a hitch and turning to face a cheering crowd of 200 people (cheering for YOU!) with an ear-to-ear grin on your face and taking a nice, deep bow?

That sound about right, CPG?

Welcome aboard.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Hurrah, took me 5 mins to find a thread on fire.
Lost my fire virginity over the w/end, and needed to share it with people that understand.
Yes yes y'all!!!!!!!!
******YIPPEEEEEEE********
I love everything
Didn't realise how upset old people could get over the "youth o' today" messing about with flammable stuff tho.
Some guy came out and told us to mind his car, but fire poi being as loud (and adrenlin crunchingly sexy scary - muhahahaha) as they are I didn't hear him til I'd finished. By this time he'd worked himself up into a right state & was threatening to call the police.
Ahhhhh old people, you've got to luv 'em.
People on the balconies opposite were cheerin' tho so I was chuffed lots......
Thank you to everyone responsible for encouraging me to stop doubting myself - much luv!!!!!!!

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Small boy you're complaining? Saturday, the last time I spun fire, I had TERRIBLE luck with the cops. A few weeks ago, it was the blues festival and me and some friends spun fire, but the ranger told us to stop. Ok, so my friend was spinning (he was the only one who had not been at the blues festival with us) and the ranger pulls up and asks if he was the guy at the blues festival, he says no, but the ranger gets on this kick about giving us a misdemeanor ticket if he catches us again and leaves. No big deal, we think, we walk the 5 minutes to the county beach. A half hour later a cop shows up. Something told us that our ranger friend called him. (I know the ranger dislikes us because I span photons when he made us stop fire) The cop was nice about it, but we had to stop. Sigh. Stupid people. And this whole week I have been talking to the fire department, but they want me to get liablity insurance, have all kinds of safety procedures, pay for an inspector, pay for a permit, and possibly pay for a street performers license, and then I would have to have adult supervision because I am 15. Just to spin fire on the beach. Stupidity. Utter stupidity. So don't you complain about the police!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Only run-in I ever had with the cops was in Ann Arbor (I've told this story a million times). Cop drove up while I was spinning in front of my house. Watched me finish my routine and then said "Ok, I really shouldn't say this, but can you do that again?"

I was happy to.

-Mike

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Me no complain.........
I'd have just had to get a big tango glove and put him over my knee so I would.
Yeah, being moved on must suck. Get loads of your mates together (400-ish) and throw a private party. Then the police can kiss your ass........
Thinking of organising an event of my own - need some ideas yet though........keep all the London crew posted.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
routine?? what routine?? i had about 10minutes to prepare b4 going on stage!! lol!!

it was sooo adictive tho- i got off the stage and was like, oh god i HAVE 2 do that again...

then i realised that mr sunshine had set fire 2 his arm so i was distracted by trying 2 put him out!! lol!!

[ 07 June 2002, 05:56: Message edited by: cutie poi girlie ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
CPG, a "routine" is just an act. I tend to make them up on the fly, anyways because you never know when the pois are going to go out.

-Mike

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
well the biggest crowd i spun if front of was hmmmmm the whole OF WAGGA
me and my fire buddies were ask to spin for the 2000 olympic tourch realy.
it was mad
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
good good. i was gettin worried then (*what? hey? ever1 has a routine apartt from me!!! aaah!! must go outside and obsesivly practice!! sob! sob!*)