Page:
Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I've learnt all the moves on "The Art of Poi" video and a couple others, but now I'm stuck for what to do. How do I find new moves, cos as much as it is fun to simply stand in your garden all day just waiting for a piece of inspiration to hit you I'd really like a whole lot of new moves I can learn.
HELP ME PLEASE! confused

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
windmill/ corkscrew same thing. Just on different angles. corkscrew

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Got the corkscrew in front of by body - which plane is the windmill on? i thought it was verticl behind your head - am i right?

Gayle.....!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
yep, corkscrew goes over your head after the infront bit, wind mill goes behind the head, its the same move like alot of moves but done in a different place (plane). U can try mixing them up biggrin its fun.
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1091539220)

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
cool. I shall give i a go tonight. I'm aiming to learn a new move each time i play so that has given me some ideas for tonight.

Thanks Guys, very helpful.

Gayle.....!

BzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
Im not too sure about what the overhead weave is, but I do _a_ weave with my arms behind my head, looks cool as hell when you gradually move a normal weave up and up, overhead and then behind the head.

also.. tried the butterfly weave?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
nope, How do you do that?

How do you do a weave with your arms behind your head? Don't you end up whacking yourself?

Gayle.....!

BzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
the way I do it is by keeping one hand behind the head at a time. just try slowly lowering a high weave behind you.
although I must say, I have an unusually long arm-span (considerably longer than my height) so some moves come easier for someone with a freakish body structure.

the other one i call a butterfly weave, but not sure if thats what it actually is. you twirl with the poi at your sides, in different directions, then - without turning your body - you do butterflies at each side of your body. its really hard at first, and use a soft set cos you'll hit your face a number of times (at least I did)

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
what i found when i got to the end of my intermediate stage, was i needed to meet more people. Sounds stupid but if u meet more poi people they inspire u and can show u alsorts of variations and differnt types of moves. I live in a [censored] place for poi but i go to southampton/bournmouth when i can and downloading videos is always good.
I suggest u try butterfly variations. Notice what u can do if u stand a certain way, make a move u can do well all around your body, like a backwards butterfly.
When i was doing that i came across a 4 beat butterfly well thats what i call it. U do one turn in front, one above, one behind and one behind but with your wrists bent in a differnt form, its very flacid and looks amazing with fire. :-D good luck

oh and try buzzsaws.

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all your help guys - i managed to get the weave turn sussed last night and it looks so cool. One more trick in the bag. I'm gonna try and learn another tonight.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Gayle.....!

Page: