Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Any advice about jumping over poi from a horizontal windmill

Login/Join to Participate

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
Ive seen this done before where the person jumps over the poi from a horizontal windmill on its down beat where both of the poi are in time. Can this be done with arms length poi or do you need longer chains?

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

PredatorBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Yup, sure can be done, but ya gotta have a pretty good reach, and try not to knee yoursulf in the face on the way up...It Hurts!
Also, if that gets boring you can do a straddle jump over em too, but it's fairly hard to coordinate between your legs, so try with one poi first. ooooops
Looks crazy when done well though, i thorouly recommend em wink

Fire? What the hell is th...OUCH!

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
ohhh im gonna try that tommorow

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It's quite easy after a bit of practise.....

......do the backwards butterfly over your head in same time, when the right poi is on the right and left on the left side bring them down and if you don't jump they should nicely wrap off your shins and back out. If you do jump they'll go sweetly under your legs. The hardest part of this is trying not to go to fast and timing your jump correctly, prepare to fall over and hurt yourself a couple times.

It is also possible to go from forwards butterfly above your head but it's damned hard to complete cuz you have to go backwards under your legs which is very hard due to the way your legs band when your jump.

Good luck, I hope you nail it soon biggrin

Oh and you can do it with any length poi, it make little difference although practice with shorter poi may be a tad easier.

Let's relight this forum ubblove