Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the secret cabaret...august shenanigans

Login/Join to Participate

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
ok dudes i got my censored together now... here's the spiel...

Fire + Circus + Music + Comedy + Dance

July's show was topped, and i mean TOPPED, CAKED and SNOTTED by the firegoddess herself Mel aka Zephira. Jeeesus. You'll just have to see her. There was also some fruity mouthfuls of the obscene, hilarious flavor for the poets amongst us, and Sonia Tapperappera's industrial tapdance, wog-homie-girl style, plus her extremesport sexpot hula hooping...seriously! Cath stole jewellery from people and regurgitated strings of pearls, i didn;t censored up the MCing (yay) and Aradia pulled another gem out of her insane repertoir of dance styles with a soulful gypsy-dervish dance. Djinn and i were on a strict diet of fire that night and had a rather hot date....teehee. I really tried to set his sideburns on fire like i did at the Lido last year but alas, it just wouldnt look like an accident.

Next up is august.

Stay tuned cos the lineup is always a surprise..even to us...but guaranteed, to be always mesmerising.

The Secret Cabaret...August 5.......kick back underneath the high ceilings and old world charm of Wesley-Anne, 250 High St. Northcote. Tix $15 on the door. Doors open 830pm. More info- www.fireworksdance.com.au

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yum yum!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Sounds delicious!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Damn I so wish I lived over east right now!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
That's my birthday... Shameless plug... ubbangel

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
This Zephira lass sounds quite hot.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
hehheh, bender, dont you know it! (;
...the line up is tricking in ... far we gots...
a globe trotting NICA student currently in Australia to show the rest of us how it's done in acro, devil stix, contact juggling and god knows what else that he'll spring on us....
A classically trained cabaret pedigree for the artistes amongst us...berlin here we come...
Aradia is gonna spring my favooooooooorite dance she has ever done on y'all...as yet unseen at this season of TSC...think...weaponry...!
Chris/Djinn/pyrobastard and I are gonna have a pyro-punch-on ...sneakin in a long distance fireball salute for arsn, happy birthday dude!

the rest...hehheh...
cheersandsootyfangres
vyvyan

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:

Hey, it was great to see you guys on the front page of the Sun.

Looks like a great show. Perhaps it time for another meet-up for opening night, like we did with Pirates of the Caribbean last year.

cool

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
AAAALeeeOOOp!

24hrs out from bump-in for August's show and we're all confirmed.

Nathan Godkin, comedian, actor and tripper trapper will MC the evening...watch out for Goddy and the balaclava-clad Sonic Dominator!

Miss Josephine, Kabaret Artiste, will titilate and tantalise with her bawdy tales of the sordid seas

Hazel Bock, NICA graduate and all-round aliencreature will defy grafity and logic with her feet,

Aradia...the dance...the sword...fwoa

Brian, globe-trotting NICA student and contact/devil stix god

Cath Jamieson...no idea what she's got up her sleeve this time, she usually springs it on me an hour before doors open- but it will undoubtably involve high class illusion and one or two of the following- razor blades, hat pins, fire, regurgitation, live goldfish (tho not for long, lol) stealing things and lesbian jokes.

CHris and I are gonna do "Can U Top this?!" and basically be really irresponsible with a lot of fire.

Only 2 more shows before the Spiegeltent season finale, ...September and as part of the Fringe Festival in October, then that's it for TSC as we head out to some interstate bookings. Next season begins mid next year, or when we've recovered from summer....whichever occurs first.

Thanks for the herald sun kudos stone! Im sure I ve met you...at CAE...yonks ago?

cheersandsootyfangres
vyvyan

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
lol vyvyan, yes I did the CAE thing, and learnt a bit too smile

I don’t have transport at the moment, so I hope thing went well for the show.

beerchug

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh