PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have been booked to perform this coming Weds night.....for a baby shower!

The woman who hired me saw me do a exhibition performance and called me straight away for this party she is planning. We went to the restaraunt where I will be performing and the owner is thrilled about it all, trusting me so implicitly he didn't want to see the safety write-ups I brought.

The woman who hired me is hoping that maybe my show will induce labor!

Hmm...and I thought performing at a wedding was weird! This takes it!

:walks away mumbling about finding "baby happy" music:

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
That's scary. Remember to take hot water & a towel

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You know, if it does induce labour and it's twins, try to delay the cutting of the umbilical cord... Novelty poi!

Sorry
*walks away in shame*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
durbs thats really funny!

pele what about some Dead Can Dance

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Durbs... that novelty poi comment made me think of Tom Green delivering a baby in "Freddy Got Fingered".... check it out if ya havent seen it... I think you'll appreciate it..."LOOK DAD IM A FARMER!!!!"

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *Dibs is still laughing at Durbs* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OW MY JAW!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Durbs,
That was the most not-right image I have had in my head in a long time! Funny as hell, but still not right.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Durbs, you are a very sick person.

Gifted, yes, but sick.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
you know how things look small when they're further away? And when you get closer to them they get bigger?

Durbs doesn't do that.....

Meh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol oh my....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
nice use of what's available, but I agree a little disturbing. I don't know exactly what type of fire work you are doing, but I think that some of the gorillaz tracks are a little calmer. I also like rusted root, which would be a kinda general happy friendly music. hope maybe that will help since Durbs didn't.
Molly

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Molly.
In the absence of help (thanks guys! )
I decided to choose between Loreena, Enya (Orinoco Flow to be exact) and Blackmore's Night.
Rusted Root is a nice thought. Hadn't thought of them in years, thanks for that.
Hmmmm *looking around at boxes*, now where did I leave that tape????

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's in the blue box Pele.

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
What about "Just the Two of Us" by Will Smith?

Ok, it's cheesy, it's rap, and it's by a man, but thematically appropriate.

-Mike

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh right, like I am going to open anything you send me in a box Cantus...it's likely to explode!

Mike, it maybe alot of things but that song is a good idea. Just remember...it ain't easy being cheesy!

Pele

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
hope i'm not too late being that its wed pm but my sis went into labor with Shine on Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Pele, how'd it go?

-Mike

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
It went very well. We ended up going with a Celtic Moods CD. Pele spun very well (even with her ankle still feeling sore) and the audience was great. Aplause at the end and everything.

The party came out of the restaraunt and watched. The guest of honor was very surprised but smiled through the whole thing. The entire staff stopped working and they all went outside to watch too. Only the owner and the party organizer knew that this entertainment was going to be there so actually everyone was surprised.
Then they invited us in and we all chatted for about an hour. Pele and I felt a little out of place as we weren't really dressed for a nice restaraunt like this. It was one of those places where the food is prepared like artwork. It was delicious though. Oh, they even delivered the desserts with flames (shredded coconut.)

All in all, a really good performance night. If only they all could be that good.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Thanks, PWB! Glad it went well. Sounds like fun.

And an artsy-phartsy restaurant like that needs a bit of fire spinnin' every now and then, methinks.

-Mike

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Pele, the Boards of Canada make nice sounding music, try Music Has The Right to Children.
Hope that helps.
Also you still have an unread message, look in your profile.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
hmm spinning twins... was that on fire or not on fire??

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I think a thread with the weirdest request for places to spin or something might be in order? who knows, but congrats on no premature births and no flaming twin poi!
Molly

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Two thumbs waaaaaay up!
Thanks PWB for answering, and to everyone else for asking. The other thing I wanted to mention was the fire chief. The fire hall was across the street. He brought his wife and some lawn chairs and sat there. He asked if there was anything I needed a few times and was as nice and pleasant as could be. (Then again, I headed him off at the pass by telling him everything he could've asked me about in advance).
It was really great and the restaraunt told us to come back any time we wanted, fire welcome!

It was renewing for me. I was thinking of retirement, but that changed my mind. It was sooooo fun! Makes all those club/bar shows worht it!

And, by the looks of the mother to be...she wished the labor had been induced! Poor woman!

Pele

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, a friend of mine's wife just had baby #1. Ready for this? 28 hours of labor.

There are many, many reasons I am glad that I am a man, and this is one of them. I couldn't do it.

-Mike