Forums > Social Chat > Why is there so many stupid people.

Login/Join to Participate

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Honestly, there are tooooooooo many stupid people out there in this world. I mean sure there are people who do stupid things for laughts (harmless stupidity), But i am refering to the people who get intoxicated in some form and wish nothing more than to bring missory apon other people.
usally you can judge which types of persons i am refering about.
usally have one of these several factors:
*violent.
*loud.
*abusive.
* think its amusing to pick on people.
*thinks it fun to start fights.
*or all of the above.

now a couple of nights ago i was in the pubs with my good friends and also with my girlfriend, after a couple of beers we were all having a good time, i decided to see some other friends whom were located at the other side of the pub, as walking there some guy tried to pick a fight with me and then followed me tried to pick fights with my friends at the front of the bar and then dissapeared only to be found calling my girlfriend a filth whore, and also picking on the friends whom i went to the pub with at the start.
If it wasn't for the fact of me behaving because my girlfriend doesn't like me being violent at all i would of killed him.
anyone else have to put up with people like this?

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
you get people like that a. it sux. some people when they start drinking become differant people. a friend of mine was pretty drunk this one time and stared insulting me, not to take it lieing down, i said something that a mate of mine told me would rack him up, which i shouldnt of done, (it was something from dragonball z which he is opsesed with, but that i didnt thing would do anything) and he jumped on me with his hand on my throat. which is something you should never to. let alone to a mate. needles to say i didnt talk to him for a wee while.

*hugs fireboy to make him feel better bout his insodent in the bar (which i cant spell) hug hug smile

just forget the bastereds!!

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
That's the trouble with achohol, it makes you do dumb things.

Not that I'm pushing drugs here, but when I was into the rave scene. (1989-1993) You could go to a rave, 5,000 people and not a single bit of attitude in the place. You could go up to anybody even their girl/boy friends and not a problem. Everyone was just happy to be with everyone else dancing to some decent music.

The trouble with the UK is our licencing laws. Closing pubs at 11 o'clock is way to early, if you keep bars open longer people will go home when they've had enough. When every pub and bar kicks you out at the same time, all of a suddern the streets are full of drunk people looking for something to do.

That's when the trouble starts.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
I think that they breed idiots in underground caves near any populated area. They are needed to vote for other idiots and do idiotic tasks that are not productive or demanding at any point in time!

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Er, feel stupid asking, but the error in the title of this thread is ironic, isn't it?

And yes, the world has plenty of people like this in it. I'd like yo pick up on this:
Written by: fireboy

If it wasn't for the fact of me behaving because my girlfriend doesn't like me being violent at all i would of killed him.

Well, he was looking for a fight and it sounds like you'd be happy to oblige him, so you're not sounding too much better than he is. If a complete stranger upsets you walk away. It's really not worth you wasting too much time and emotion on.

Ewalmember
43 posts

Posted:
All the time,everywhere you go there seems to be an idiot ruining someones day/evening/life.They must train these people somewhere,as they make it seem a practised artform or something. confused

the calm and the chaos

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Jerks get the best looking girlfriends, have a way of getting pretty much anything they want, and will always be one step further up the career ladder than you.

To me, its annoying, but no suprise that there are so many bastards around - our entire society teaches us that you only get what you can grab. If you want to get ahead, you've got to scam and brown nose your way to the front. How many nobel, honest and charitable people do you find on a 6 or 7 figure salary? Jerks are running my country, europe, the west, the entire fucking world.

Being a nice guy is mentally satisfying, but in this capitalist, consumer fed rat race, its still worth jack to the majority of us.

Respect,
Davy

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
How many times have we seen newspaper articals about the burglar who sues the house owner for assault or the parents of brain dead runts attacking someone who gives them an earful? There are so many obnoxious little idiots in this world because they know damn well they can get away with whatever they want.

And most of them hand around outside my local Co-op. Classy.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
I remeber in the news a grandmother just got home and walked up stairs not realising someone had followed her in, as she turned around at the top the stairs realising the door was open the person whom followed her in snatched the grandmothers purse/bag and then run down the stairs, the burgular triped and broke his neck when he finished tumeling down the stair case.

this man sued the old lady.

how [censored] it that.

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Døm

Er, feel stupid asking, but the error in the title of this thread is ironic, isn't it?

Yeah, I really couldn't get past that one myself. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
hey, i get loud when im drunk. sure, i also get excessively happy and want to dance lots, which normally results in me falling over, but hey, im still loud. or at least i sound loud to me. which might not actually be very loud at all. ah well, the thought was there.

its really tempting to just say 'yeah, some people are jerks, nothing you can do about it.' but if everyone did that, where would society be?

I cant answer that, and, i spose, i shouldnt really even ask it. i've said the same thing enough times myself.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Døm

the error in the title of this thread is ironic, isn't it?

Yep biggrin

I had a similar incident coming home from Ashton Court festie the other day. We were walking down the Harbour front to go back to the boat and some guys cyucling past on their bikes decided to take a swipe and punch me in the face as they drove past. Fortunately they didnt make any real contact with me/my face but what idiots?! What is the point? And besides that I was with 2 other guys, one girl, I had my fire staff in my hand and I'm 6'3" tall! I was tempted to retaliate especially when they stopped a few meters down the road to swap bikes but I was to erm.....loved up ubbangel to want to. I must admit on booze I'm not a violent type (nor in general, I'm very much a pacifist) I'm the silly fall over giggling type of drinker but if I'd been drunk instead I would have probably chased them and given them what for, or at least tried. There's just something about booze that can do that to a person.

Take one idiot with slight violent tendancies + copious amounts of booze and let loose on the public = stupid fights and unecessary injuries.

I do blame our stupid idiot lisencing laws somewhat, the laws have bred a culture of binge drinkers and yes they all fall out the pub at 11:15 after quickly necking an extra two in 10 mins cuz they have to leave. The sooner our licensing laws are changed to how the Europeans do theirs the better, it won't stop the problem but I imagine it will greatly reduce it and spread what problems there are over a much more manageable timescale.

Of course when wankers are banned from public we'll all have a much better time wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
that licencing thing is pretty messed. i dont think the pubs here ever have to close. not certain on that, but i've been to one that was still kicking at 6am

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hehe I'm right with you Bug, I got in the middle of a fight (on purpose to protect the injured party) but fortunately I couldn't do any fighting because I was loved up... plus with the 7 girls fighting just the two of us I don't think I'd be in any shape to fight after the first round of punches/slaps... made me very paranoid after and I trundled off home But I saved the other eye of the lady I was protecting and after a while (too long in my opinion) the troops rallied in and sent the group off well before I left
They were drunk and in fact, prior to the incident, I'd given them a free beer (<_NTS)
I really don't like fighting but that may be another case of irony in this thread.

Although another drunken wanker made me have a fit of laughter on saturday, he was riding a bike n in a car we followed him, he turned his bike round to face the car and started screaming: "Come on ya c**** run me over or go round me" etc etc, then we went round him n he headbutted the window. Hehehe.... we laughed for a very long time afterwards

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Stupid people are too stupid to use birth control. Therefore they outbreed smart people. Therefore stupidity is an evolutionary advantage (somewhat offset by the tendency of the truly stupid to off themselves inadvertently, but stupidity is winning these days). Therefore expect more and more stupid people.

Drunk people, even when smart if sober, are also too stupid to use birth control. Therefore drunks outbreed teetotalers. Therefore expect more and more drunks.

The only upside is that pretty people outbreed ugly people. This victory becomes hollow, however, when you realize that the world will soon be filled with gorgeous, stupid drunks, like a college town on a Saturday night.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
that sounds somewhat familiar. ach, i dunno.

stupid is easy. i think thats why so many people take that road. although, if you are to be truly stupid, it does actually take a fair bit of effort. but thats another story for another thread, on another day.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Its possible that only I'm dumb enough to actually try this, but I've found that once a drunk has decided to beat you up, an instantly effective way to prevent a situation is to collapse on the floor laughing. Very, very hard.

Use this only at your own disgression, but it comes to me naturally, and I've still never been in a real fight, despite being threatened quite regularly.There's just something about the site of a really tall guy rolled up on the floor laughing because he's been told that he's "dead mate" that really confuses even the stupidest of people.

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Probably doesn't work so well if you're not particularly tall.

Really drunk people are easy for sober people to buttkick...you just sort of move out of the way and they fall down. Then you kick them.

It's fun. :-)

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
perhaps the human race is plagued with the "stupid gene" or perhaps people are so stupid they just feel it neccessary to harm others to make theire day whatever the case when it comes down to it no matter where you go there is always going to be a stupid person like this guy at a party i was at who knocked himself out trying to break a bottle on his head clap

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
If you're really sick of stupid people, The Darwin Awards might be the thing to read. Dumb people topping themselves in hilarious ways... what more do you want?

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Ohh yes.... Darwin Awards are priceless...

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i got the book of them for christmas! great entertainment around the table!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
i wonder if stupidity is a rare disease that enters through the nostrils and directly attacks the brain causing people to lunge out in hatefull stupid things ending up in a horrible crash involving a bicycle a bridge to monkeys and an elevator

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
yeah this is sooo true
where i live we have 2 sides of clubbing in the city its mainly the drunks, in this area if i ever go there i see alot of the jocks i went to school with and the jocks i may have vrsed in rugby or competed against in swimming and so forth, i dont like goin there cos more often than not i end up in a fight or witness a fight this happens every time, however in the vally which is where i go alot now cos im entering a rave lifestyle i can go up to just about anyone and talk to them like if known them my whole life its the way clubbing was ment to be i think ravers are way better people than drunks. this is one thing i really hate about the stupid people in todays society i mean if i can get plastered and talk to people with respect even though my words might be slurred ubbloco why cant other people show the same respect back to me or other people. it just amazes me how rude people are in todays world.

my 2 cents ubblol

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Smegging plebs! I know what you're talking about completely, I had some of these guys that used to practically terrorise my school, things like scaring the lower school kids, they actually beat up two other kids that were walking around by them selves, they threw bricks thru our windows and raced their cars across our pitches. Smegging plebs!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i think you should have kicked his ass the pissing you of was one thing that could be put to the side but calling your girlfriend a filthy whole was a ass kick offince

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha