RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
So, a couple weeks ago I had my toys out. I left them in my, normally locked, stairwell. It's a private entrance to my apartment. They were out of site and usually behind a locked door.

Since I kept all of my fire toys in a red metal tool box, someone figured out how to get into my stairwell and stole what they probably thought were tools. The whole kit, gone. Several pairs of fire poi, a couple sets of fire ropes, 2 fire floggers... not to mention the box itself. Somewhere in the range of $600 of fire toys stolen. And the worst part is, once they got away and opened the box, they were probably shocked to NOT find tools, and threw what they thought was just away.

Sorry, had to rant. Theives suck. frown

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
aye, they do. I recently had a party, and I guess word got round REAL fast. 200 people I didn't know showed up, and once we'd had it we kicked them all out. Someone stole all 70 of our DVDs. (appx $1400) Man, how mad we were :o

Now, we're slowly replacing them, at the lowest price we can find! Good luck with that all mate smile

Just remember, no point in being bitter about it, karma bites people in the ass. Besides, they'll probably end up in jail someday anyways.

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Funny thing is, people would have to steal fire toys by accident. I guess the lesson learned here is not to put your toys inside anything that may be appealing to thieves.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Once I re-buy my collection of toys (which could take awhile, I make a lot less money than I did awhile back) I'm going to stick them in an old dirty box labeled "Live Maggots". That'll keep people out. heh.

And it's the perfect weather for a spin.. AND, oh I forgot to mention this, I JUST went thru the process of getting permission from my local fire dept. to be able to spin on the beach where I live. It took months to get all my questions answered and permission here.. now that I have permission, I don't have any toys.

Hehe, sympathy donations, anyone? wink

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug

Ahh thats awful hug

Be careful, when you label you new fire toy box "live maggots" no fisherman steals them!

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yep, those fishermen are a sheisty bunch they are...

Should label it "Poo Collection"

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
then you should be careful of fecalphiliac fishmongers. with cheese.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
randy - sorry to hear about your toys!! that bites!! hug

i just got an email from a friend in cairns - and she said someone broke into her house a few weeks ago and stole her poi!! she only has one set! and some really crap tennis-ball-on-a-string practice ones that i made for her!! AND she is coming back to brissie for holidays soon...and she arrives back on the day on the next moonfest! grr!!!!!

ah well - as bobo said - karma bites people in the ass!! hopefully everyone gets new toys and they are way better than the last ones!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Aw that totally sucks!

I keep my fire poi and electro glo poi and streamer poi in my plastic tool box. It's black and red with a celtic tatoo spray painted on the front of it. I wonder if somebody would take that thinking there were tools in there.

Heard from a friend that some people she knew had everything stolen from their living room. Electronics and furninture!!! They had to have had a moving van to do so. Bad thing is the family just had a baby and are gone on vaccation for a while. Nobody can get a hold of them, so they are gonna come home to an empty living room and alot of their other items missing also.

hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2

I'm sorry people are dume-arses

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i took 8 litres of parrafin to glasto and used four litres up with friends on the wed thur fri and sat and had saved four litres for one MASSIVE goodbye burn out on the sunday...

lit my poi once...by the time they had gone out some gimp had nicked my fuel...

if karma DOES work ( kinda doubtful cos lots of REAL bad stuff happens to me n i'm a peace lovin pacifistic veggie hippy that wouldn't hurt a fly - literally) then i expect to read somewhere soon about some poor thing setting themselves on fire and burning to a crisp with stolen fuel!

It's smashing to be back x

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

i took 8 litres of parrafin to glasto and used four litres up with friends on the wed thur fri and sat

*wonders how in the name of god 3 of us managed to get through 8 litres in no-time on saturday evening *

hmmm....confused

--------------------------
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Theives most definately do suck a lot. I had a 10er in my pocket that was going to pay for my dinner and it got pinched right out of my side pocket while I was in the queue so I had to go without dinner...I know it's not very much but it was really annoying!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying