Forums > Social Chat > Idiot boyfriends, and dating military

Login/Join to Participate

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I am about ready to kill Zeik. He is currently at Fort Sill OK going through AIT. He's talking about trying to get a section 8 and getting his but home. Both his best friend and I think thats a bad idea, but we also think he's likely to actually do it. I'm extremly upset with him, and I don't know how to tell him to keep at it and finish AIT. All I want it whats best for him, and outside the military he has very few prospects, and he doesn't want to go to college. I really miss him, but I've been used to having people gone. I've been a military brat my whole life, so its not anything new to me. If anybody has any advice, it would be great.
ubblove and hug
Ash

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ash, so what's his reason for wanting out?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
What MOS is he going to AIT for?

If he reeeeally wants to get out, Section 8 is definitely not the way to do it... he's going to go through a lot of hell that way. There are other ways. Why's he trying to get out?

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, for the civilians here...

MOS= Month of Sh*t? Method of Sebum? Miles of Satin?
AIT= Analysis in Tooting? All in Tan? All Italian T!tties?
Section 8= *cringe*?

Am I close? biggrin

-Mike

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
MOS is your job, whether it be infintry, MP, medic, mechanic, etc I've forgotten what MOS stands for....

AIT is advanced training, which you complete after going through basic. This is where you learn how to do your MOS.

Section 8 is getting discharged for being crazy, if I recall, and it is a BAD idea.

Ultimately, it's his choice, he has to decide what is best for him...mind you, he may not fully know what is best for him. I suspect, if he stays in, he'll appreciate that he did...he'll regret dropping out.

I still sometimes wish I would have gone ahead and joined the reserves...mind you, I didn't even go to basic, so I wasn't as far in as he is...

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Mode Of Service, maybe? I'm speculating based on nothing but your description.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Section 8 is getting discharged for being crazy, if I recall, and it is a BAD idea.

Yeah, I'm imagining that makes your future employment prospects not so hot.

-Mike

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Is the section 8 the only way out for him at this stage?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Ok, Yes a section 8 is a mental illness discharge. He's wanting to come home because he hates it there. I've been telling him how everything in my life has been going to hell in a handbasket since he left, and he said that its only 20 more days till he gets back. I think he's going to stay in. Unfortunately he got punched in the face about 8 times and now has a black eye.

He could get a general discharge if he really wanted to get out, but either way its not a good thing. Ah well

Ash Blackstar

"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Why did he get punched in the face?

-Mike

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
Being prior military (Army0 myself, DON"T GET A SECTION 8!!!! Like lihtning said, this can & will ruin future employment, schooling, & if ever arrested for something this could be brought up. The Army training time sucks & I can understand him wanting to get out, but he's much better getting a general discharge which he can have changed to an honorable discharge after a year I think, or getting a medical discharge which is considered honorable. Or he could just tough it out. Once you get past AIT & into a permanent duty station, it's more like a normal job where you have set hours & days that you work & you don't have to adhere to the strict rules like in AIT. Try to get him to hold on & give it at least 6 months in his permanent duty station, if he still doesn't like it, then he should look at getting out but right now he's got no clue how the Army truly is. AIT is soooo much different from permanent duty! Good Luck to you & him. hug

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Actually, Zeik is in the Army National Guard, so he isn't going anywhere after AIT other than coming back home. He wants me to go to his graduation, but with my dad getting deployed (They are in the same unit) my mom isn't wanting me to go. I'm about ready to tell her that its non negotiable and go anyway.

As far as why he got punched 8 times, a couple guys were about to get into a fight, and he tried to calm them down. One of the guys turned around and beat the [censored] out of him. He went and told the DS on CQ about it, and they all got their phone priveleges taken away. The guy that hit him got an article 15, demoted from an E2 to an E1, and lost his ranger contract. Zeik got a black eye and some cuts. He said he's fine and he called me saturday, and said that his eye is healing allright. He's been really sick for the past couple of weeks and hasn't been eating well. He's also suicidal at this point, which I can only attribute to his agitated depression [censored] with him. God I'm worried about him.

Ash Blackstar

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
308 posts

Posted:
How much longer does he have in AIT? If all he's doing is the guard, that's even easier once he gets out. If he's having problems with depression he should go see the medic on base where he can egt a refferal to the base hospital. They may be able to help him. They also have phsychiatrists on base too. I am bipolar & I was able to seek diagnosis & treatment while in the Army & didn't have to resort to a sect. 8 discharge.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
His graduation is on August 19th. He is already on medication for his depression. I think he's staying in, because he asked me to go to his graduation. Unfortunately, the only way I will be able to go is if his mom is willing to take me. I'm hoping that she will, because I have worked my butt off to keep him in, and I really really want to be there to support him.

Ash Blackstar

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
308 posts

Posted:
Hopefully you'll be able to go, but even if you can't you can still be cheering him on from home. Tell him how proud of him you are & light a candle for him at the time of his graduation. I know it's not the same as being there, but at least it's something. Good luck & let me know how it goes, and if you get to go.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly his mom can't go either, so I won't be there. Ah well I'm disappointed, but thats life. He's going to get a hell of a welcome when he gets home though

Ash Blackstar

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Guard is much easier than the actual Army. If he has until the 19th encourage him to stick with it. He doens't have much longer. If he quits now he will regret it. I wouldn't advise doing the section 8 thing either. My bro is doing his training as well over in N.C. for the Marines. He has until the end of August as well and then his unit gets shipped off somewhere in the Middle East. I've been to Ft. Sill. I went there for Boot Camp. I was in ROTC in HS. (Doesn't compare tho) You don't eat very well when you are under alot of stress and have alot of stuff on your mind. But after being there you realize "hey I've been here this long, I have made it this far...I can finish this thing out", then you feel like you accomplished something.

If you weren't so far south in TX I wouldn't mind taking you there to his graduation. Are they sposed to graduate at the Polo field?

Hope everything works out for him and you hug smile

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
He did it. He PASSED!!!
I am so happy biggrin biggrin ubblove
God this is such a relief. He will be back on either Friday or Thursday. and I can't wait. Thank you everyone for your loving support and comfort. I love you all, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys. hug2 ubblove hug2

Thanks all

Ash Blackstar

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Tell him Congrats!

hug

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

MattOfTheStaffnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Well done and much yay and congratulation!