Forums > Social Chat > Where did I leave my motivation?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Has anyone seen my motivation?

Narr, did you see it when you were under my bed?

i used to have tonnes of it. and now i have practically zero. and thats not a good thing with 59 days left of school, and then exams on top of that.

if anyone has seen it can then please let me know, or else give me clues on how to find a new one?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
No just the arsn one...I think we only saw it cause I asked Bov about his balloon rhinoceros (as instructed to do) he then showed me the full carousel balloon on his camera and the one with arsn wearing it on his head!

Hehehehe...that's all I saw I swear!!!

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Hey Dragon... i think i found it... no wait, it was a danm....hehe good dream..... ubblol
i'll keep looking for ya!!!!! keep an eye out for me ok.....

See ya soon!!! hug

strolls off in the distance looking for movtivation

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
maybe your sofa is behind the sofa?

its about balancing work with play, and throwing out your tv. then you are force to do useful things.
dont work too much - cos youll go insane. always have a reward to do at the end of work.

at the moment, every hour, i practise my 4 ball juggling for 10 minutes. it takes my mind off work and leaves me happily refreshed.

id type something more coherent, but curently my mind is elsewhere rouge...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i like the idea about juggling every hour! might do that!

i started playing the guitar last sunday but had to hide it in the cupboard cos i was playing it when i should have been doing homework ubblol

and Dentrassi, keep your mind under control will you! wink

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
I nearly got motivated but thought sod it, I'll write another post.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
ahh, motivation and the last year of school. what joyous activities to mix together.

i think that the lst year you are in school isnt really about learning much acadaemically. its more about learning who you are and what you can do. stuff that you cant learn in the classroom, but that you have to be in a classroom to learn smile . confused you yet?

no, seriously, i found toward the end (start?) of year 12, that i just couldnt be bothered. i got fatalistic ('if im meant to pass, then i will pass. no amount of study will change that), and i got bored, and i lost my motivation to get up in the mornings, to go to school, to do anything. I reckon that yr 12 is meant to do that to you, its meant to take you to that limit, so you can learn for yourself how far you can go, and how well you can take what life gives you. you cant learn that in the classroom itself, but being in a classroom will help you to learn it.

course, i could be completely wrong, but oh well. its another view.

oh, and by the way, your motivation is in the beer fridge in daballstar's post. there is a carton of pales in there, and you can have one if you get going, or you have to have one if you dont, depending on whether you like beer.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i LOVE beer! beerchug

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
mmmm....... beer drinking girls......sweet!

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
well then, rouge, you dont get any beer until you've got some study done.

or pour shots, and self test yourself. if you get it right, you get a shot. if not, then you have to have three. you start getting things wrong really quickly, and that only makes things worse. best done in the company of fellow students/drinkers.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ubblol that drinking game sounds like awesome fun! im so going to have to play that sometime!!!
*cough* but i always drink responsibly, of course *coughcough*

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
im actually willing to give u the instructions to the ultimate drinking game. This game got UCOF so wasted that he jumped into a duckpond at university hahahaha good times......
its called KINGS *dramatic music*

anyway
U need minimum 4 ppl willing to get hammered.

a deck of cards, make it two if there is a shiteload of ppl

an empty pintglass and a shot glass in the middle of the table

and everybody needs a drink of choice in front of them at all times.

and there should be a bottle of some hard liquor of choice at the table as well

right
u take the deck(s) of cards and take out the 2s and jokers, shuffle and spread circularly around the pintglass and shotglass in the middle of the table.

the point is that everybody takes turns drawing cards and that every card is an action or a rule and whoever fails to obey to the rules or execute the action has to drink a gulp of their drink in front of them. the cards go to a discard pile afterwards.
remeber to keep it fast paced so ppl cant recover, and have to pay attention anyway
ok

here go the rules:

-u pull a 3 out, u have to drink a shot of the hard liquor, out of the shotglass in the middle of the table.

-4= floor, the one who slams his hand on the table last drinks a gulp of their drink

-5=guys, all guys drink a gulp of their drink

-6=chicks, all females have to drink a gulp

-7= heaven, last one to raise their hand above their head has to drink a gulp

-8=straight, the person straight across from u has to drink a shot of liquor

-9= bust a rhyme(sp?), the person has to say a sentence and the next person has to rhyme(sp?) and so on, make it as easy or as hard as u want the one who fails or takes too long to think drinks a gulp

-10= categories, u have to start naming categories of some sort (carbrands, beer brands, punk bands whatever floats ur boat basicly) and the one who repeats or fails to come up with one drinks.

-jack= jackass, u have to make a stupid face or something equally weird(hand movements....) and the last one to copy the jackasshas to drink a gulp, so make it weird yet subtle.

-Queen= question master, u are the qm and if u ask somebody a question and they dont respond back in a question they have to drink. u are question master till somebody else pulls a queen

- King- ok there are 4 kings right, the first 3 kings that get pulled, have to fill up the empty pintglass in the middle with their own drinks of choice,(so one third of the pintglass) the one who pulls the last king has to chug the pintglass no matter what is mixed in there. if u have two decks of cards u still chug at every fourth king that gets pulled.

-ACE= waterfall, everybody starts chugging and chug as long as the person to their right can go.

if u are not drunk or at least tipsy play another round, it gets more fun when motoric skills f1ck up and u cant see straight anymore.

enjoy

-Alfred Dorfer

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
yeah, ive played a couple of very very similar games to that.

another good one is the peg game.

get two empty bottles, and a small bucket, and some chairs.

This works best if there is about 5 metres or so of room, before a wall.

set up the two bottles about 5/8ths of the way between the chairs and the wall, a little to either side of centre. put the bucket pretty much dead in the middle, either right way up, or upside down.

|

|about 5/8 *

|half wayish O

|about 5/8 *

|______________________________

*=bottle, O=bucket

get clothes pegs, or other small, light, non-dangerous objects, quite a few of them, and set them down near the chairs.

have all contestants sit in the chairs, grab a handful of pegs, and someone from one side throws the peg at the bucket or bottles.

Now, there are a few derivations on how to score here.

if you miss anything, you have to drink.

if you hit something, you have to drink

if you hit a bottle, the person to your left has 3 sips, if you hit the bucket, the person to your right has 3 sips, if you get it in, they both have to scoll whatever they have.

if you hit the back wall, you have to have 5 sips

the possibilities are pretty much endless, and it gets very very drunk very quickly if you play the 'you miss, you drink rule'.

who said that moving out corrupts young minds?

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I was reading this thread... then all the posts got too long and I lost my motivation

biggrin

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
how bout the shots game deck of cards and a glass in the middle best played with many people i dont know all the rules so improvise but the general synopsis everyone takes a turn by drawing a card and adding anything they want to the glass ie mustard ketchup jack daniels..... then the person who draws a king has to drink it

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Wouac - that's absolutely FOUL!

MiG and Konsti - drinking games are absolutely appropriate considering this thread is about lack of motivation at school ubblol
i'm so going have to play them sometime! the only drinking games ive played are tv show/movie ones.
"dude, where's my car?" - everytime someone says "dude" or "sweet"
"red dwarf" - every time lister pays out rimmer, every time rimmer pays out lister, every time the cat does something vain!
with these, i recomend that if you're shotting you have a few glasses lined up! lol! they happen really quicklky!

the best one i played was the rugby world cup final - every time Sailor or Tikiri (sp?) came on screen or got mentioned by the commentators youd have a sip...everytime wilkinson did anything - drink HEAPS! ubblol

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:
Written by: wouac

how bout the shots game deck of cards and a glass in the middle best played with many people i dont know all the rules so improvise but the general synopsis everyone takes a turn by drawing a card and adding anything they want to the glass ie mustard ketchup jack daniels..... then the person who draws a king has to drink it

hee hee - played that one too - actually made a girl throw up after a large amount of tabasco sauce eek Such fun, talked about that particular game for years! ubbrollsmile

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rouge Dragon

MiG and Konsti - drinking games are absolutely appropriate considering this thread is about lack of motivation at school ubblol

the way to keep urself motivated during school is the knowledge that the weekend is going to be really drunk and long and that ull need a couple of days to sober up afterwards.

-Alfred Dorfer

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Amen to that Badger!!!!!!!! biggrin

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I hate drinking games. See, I actually hate being drunk. Makes me feel sick. And I'm not nearly coordinated or swift enough to do well at a drinking game, even when completely sober.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
yo dragon it is in califorina you should come down and get it. you can crash with me wink

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
thanks for bumping this thread native! it means i can refresh myself with konsti's and mig's drinking games! in a country where paying $5 for vodka is too much - we are drinkin so much!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol hmm...so rouge will return a pickled dragon!! biggrin beerchug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
the others rekon they will return smokers - an expensiver packet of cigaretes here is $2!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
eep! resist! your lungs will thank you!! ubblol

so you're on here...why the heck aren't you on msn missy?! tongue

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
im on the computer than doesnt have msn.

and dont worry. there is no chance of me smoking. but romanians smoke like chimneys, theres no guarantee i won get lung cancer anyway!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hehehehehe

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*bump*

This time I left my motivation somewhere way back in year 12.

*wonders how I can incorporate drinking gams into study*

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Simple Rouge - you test yourself, if you don'nt know the anwers, you drink until you do (or until you don't care, whichever comes first!) wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was thinking if i get it right, i get a shot. And it works nicely, cos the more i drink, the more i speak foreign languages cos i lose my inhibitions....or the more i speak in romanian, which wouldn't be good for french/spanish....ummm....

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Either way, you get drunk!

Bonus! wink

How about a mixture of the two!?

tongue

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Page: