Forums > Social Chat > Ever made an arse outta yourself?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
One of my very close friends has just had an experience where a guy that she is not interested in continues to try and win her heart by sending obscenely large bunches of flowers and poetry to her place of work.. she has told him that she is not interested, yet today he came in dressed in a suit and all and asked her out for dinner in front of her boss...she was SO embrassed, but still stuck to her guns and said no way jose...(kinda feel sorry for the bloke)
Have any of u peeps had any embrassing unrequited love stories? Done anything thoughtful only to have it bite you in the ass? Come on ...we can share, we're all family here.....
dances around humming 'the things we do for love'

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
only once, In like grade 8 this new girl came to the school, I really "liked her" and she noticed, asked me out, I said no because I was pretty sure she was jokeing. I tried calling her a few times after I thought it through and she totally avoided my calls, then she started makeing fun of me in school for no reason, and because I walked in the same direction she did while going to class a few times, she started spreading rumours I was stalking her. Then she went through like 5 guys in the next 2 months (two of them my friends) and transfered to a new school, where she contracted aids.

I felt really stupid that she pulled the "date a guy when you go to a new school and then trash him" trick to get popular on me.

I sometimes think about her though, she was seriously the most promiscious girl I had ever met, and it was pretty obvious she was increadibly insecure. It's sad that whatever was wrong in her life to lead her to sleep with so many guys and eventually contract aids.

All other relationships have gradually developed from friendships,and it was the breakups which were embarassing and hurtful (Im pretty sure im never falling in love with a friend ever again, It's to horrible losing a friendship that way)

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok i think has been one of the funniest stupiedest things i have done so far...

one summer i had a few friends over to my place, and my roommates, my friends, and i were all sitting on my balcony drinking and playing dominoes. the table was really close to the door and i was sitting to where my back was facing it. i ran out of my drink and went to go get a new one. i stood up and turned around real quick to walk inside, thinking the door was open, but instead i walked straight into the screen door, bounced off, and fell down. i couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes.

go me ubbloco

i think it still has an impression of my face in it.....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Pounce, I feel your pain. I've done the same thing with a glass patio door... that way the people on the other side could see my facial expression. NOBODY stopped laughing for 20 minutes. ubbloco rolleyes

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ooh ouch glass. at least i only hit the screen. made for quite an amusing bounce back tho

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Page: