StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Ever wondered where those brilliant Chinese acrobats come from?

Well, I saw a story on Chinese acrobats last nigh on Foreign Correspondent, an Australian ABC show. There is not a lot in the transcript, but here is a link to some more info Wuqiao Home of Chinese Acrobatics

A gem from the story was “One minute on stage needs ten years of practice.”

Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
oh well.... it looks like my performances should be limited to 12 seconds in the future.....

at least ill be consistent.... ubbangel

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
My best guess, Chinese acrobats.....hopefully come from China, correct me if im wrong.

yeah I know :P What every one else was thinkin.

ubbidea

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
funny no mention of the chinese opera, a huge breeding ground for acrobats/martial artists. I know Jackie Chan came from the opera background, who else?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Thanks musashii, I had no idea Jackie Chan came from the opera background. Though, I suspected there was probably more than one centre of acrobatics.

China’s a big place Crow, correct me if I’m wrong wink Fair point though.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: musashii

funny no mention of the chinese opera, a huge breeding ground for acrobats/martial artists. I know Jackie Chan came from the opera background, who else?

Samo Hung, Yuen Biao, Yuen Mo, Yuen Tai, etc.

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
Hahaha, yeah good Stone,

Idon't know much of this so probly shouldn't have said any thing for the topic.

:P Sorry

steve

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Written by:

A gem from the story was “One minute on stage needs ten years of practice.”

So by the time they're sixty, they'll still only have a 6 minute show? Not worth it methinks.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Methinks a talented person like yourself nilid69,
would be multiskilled, and would probably practice many tricks

wink

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Nah man, I'm gunna three-beat till I'm the greatest three-beater in the world. And then some!

Davy

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I thot NYC had that title? Oi, and he does it _really_ fast too, better keep practicing methinks wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Give me another five and a half years man, christ!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I'm part Chinese, and one day i will be an acrobat.
:fingers crossed:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:

Hi bender,

I think you already have great acrobat skills.

smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
The problem with aspirations is that unchecked they cloud the mental location of satisfaction. Sometimes thems is a warped lens that reduce your mountain to a molehill smile
partly to be more self effacing, partly to attempt humility, and partly due to broken limb, i do not believe ima true acrobat yet. Not enough spendex heh heh ubblol

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always