MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I can (sloppily) do a 360 with one poi between the legs (IE it exits BTL facing the same direction it entered) but is it possible with both? Im thinking its possible but only in same time (butterfly and parallel) so I guess the real question is, has anyone successfully done it?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
do you mean it goes under one leg, does a circle behind yer ass, then comes back to the front under the other leg?

Or not. biggrin

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nay.

Im talking about me, turning 360 degrees, while both poi are between my legs and they only complete 1 beat during it.

An example of this would be the move dubbed "the hop" where you go from butterfly, put em between your legs (one in back one in front) and do a little 180 hop turn and have them exit opposite the way they came in. Only, the one Im talking about does a complete 360 turn.

After a little more testing of my own I come to believe that if it is possible, its only possible when starting and ending in wall plane as thats the only way Ive been able to do a single poi 360.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Its actually just a BTL version of a single beat turn...

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Yeah yeah. If we're talking about the same thing, i can do it from the weave, so that both poi chase under one leg, and then come back under the other. You have to kinda hop from one leg to the other. But it looks pretty groovy.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
I say anything is possible... myself, I'm too big into leg wraps to try things like that. I should learn though

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Actually, rereading your previous posts, i don't think we are talking about the same thing. But i get what yer saying. Can you catch it on vid when you nail it please? smile

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
As of right now, I cant capture video from my camera cuz either my fire wire card is broken or my camera itself is broken frown

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
It should be possible... I can do it 180 degrees and I can't see any reason why 360 wouldn't work. It would require an almighty spin though wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
yes
I can even see about making a clip later this week...

but you need to be more specific.. do you want both hands btland the weave btb but btl and then turn... (ie back side planes..)
or do you want it done wall planed.. ie wallplane up front and wall plane in back.. turn?

although I dare say the around the leg stuff is much cooler (stuff where one hand is in fromthe front or one is on from the back and they have to switch around as they weave around..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I dunno, Rev. Can never understand your text descriptions smile If youre gonna make a video, just throw as many variations as you can on there cuz Im all about learning new BTL stuff.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me