prosparityfireSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:

Well I picked up fire twirling and poi in Australia and just moved back to West Michigan a month ago. I'm not sure if there are any other twirlers out there, but if there is or anyone just interested in learning about it Ill be twirling on Saturdays at Gold Palace Lake.

Its the only pond in WMU. Its down howard street passed Michigan Ave. down the right road that sais "orientation" across from the University club apartments. You take a left when you get in, and then you cant miss it, there is parking just everywhere but its for "Uni" people only so look for meter maids there around the bend you might have to search. (And there free after dark)

My friends tell me there is always some person or people that come out of the cracks, and Ill be hoping to hear from you cause Im always grateful to grow and give when it comes to the arts.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hey eric
hope u find some spinners and the sessions grow
big love
ben

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

miekelmotMember
4 posts

Posted:
elooo elooo....
hope you had a fun twirling session on saturday!!! did anyone show up? i hope so..
i would have come... only i was too busy sleeping smile
love ya

miekelmotMember
4 posts

Posted:
hey did you go out twirling the day before yesterday?
hope it was fun!!!
love

prosparityfireSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I had a wicked session its a very cool place just to chill, hope to get more people interested. umm Im working on doing contact and doubles staff, but right now I am working on the fundage of getting over to Belgium and London before Ben heads back to Australia. It will be very wicked to see you guys.ubbrollsmile
MUCH LOVE peace

TiresiasBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I am in Europe now but I'll be returning to Michigan in a couple weeks. If you go out regularly on Saturdays maybe I will drive on out there to do some spinning. I am still learning poi but I am alright with the staff.

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
yo yo yo
hooray for everything
keep it gangsta
la la

people are people

Quincy_CarswellSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
I'm going to Central Michigan right now, if anyone's interested in spinnin with me, even if I have to drive a bit, email me.

Master Ryanstranger
4 posts

Posted:
Lansing spinner here travels to Grand Rapids and Detroit. Feel free to contact me if you want to get together!

- Master Ryan

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Bumping this thread too, sorry! I'm in the Kalamazoo/Benton Harbor area and would love to meet some spinners that are around here.

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Michigan gatherings
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44933449799&_fb_q=1
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65121615364%20&_fb_q=1

or try searching on apps.facebook.com/globalfireguide for other regional groups in america its currently got listings for

Alaska
California
Connecticute
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Illinios
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
Tennessee
Washington
Wyoming

smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?