Forums > Technical Discussion > Stuff from Firetoys dot co dot uk

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Our designs are continuously updated and rigorously tested to ensure that we remain the standard for high quality Firetoys manufacture.

Apparently the poi I bought are the forth version they have released, but they really aren't safe, so be warned.

Firstly, the quick links that attatch the handles and wicks to the chains are waaaay to quick for my liking. 1 tangle is often enough to open them up, leaving the wicks free to fly off once you start spinning again. Not fun.

Next - the tube-core wicks are put together so that if they become misshapen (more than likely when playing with meteors) it is possible for the bolts attatching them to the chain to snap out. Not fun.

And jesus christ, while playing the other night one of the 360 swivels just went, leaving my wick to fly godknows how far away from me, towards censored I really didn't need to be on fire. I really don't know how this one happened - it was during a regular spin - no tangles, no bumping of any sort, and wheeee, bye bye 360 swive, fall appart as you will.

Eeesh.

Davy

EDIT: THIS IS NO LONGER A PROBLEM, THE DESIGN HAS BEEN SORTED, ALL IS WELL. YAY.

EDITED_BY: nilid69 (1098370900)

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
having purchased both staff and poi from firetoys.co.uk recently, i thought i'd give a brief summary:

1. the contact staff i got is great; i've never had a woodcore staff before. gripes: not enough grip, and the grip isn't grippy enough. and no centre mark. but maybe i just need to put in more practice. oh, and there's not enough wick for my liking. also, the prismatic tape does indeed burn - but what did you expect?

2. also got a couple of sets of chainlink tubecore poi; nice flames, nice weight, no obvious weak points, etc etc. no complaints. i assume these are the 'new and improved' version.

oh, and they've got a decent returns policy.

q

ture na sig

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
has anybody tried the new staffs at firetoys that have an absorbent underlayer called something weird? Apparently it improves burn times... And FINALLY they have decided to make decent length staffs... (1.5m) christmas presents for meg I think... smile

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
the only experiance i have had with them was very nice, i ordered my glow poi from them and the package got broke in transit, so they sent me new ones and a tonne of battries to say sorry for the little delay.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: