tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
well, if there aren't enough of us to have a chatroom, we could certainly just take each other's screen names and chat one-on-one sometimes. my aol im name is tekknogurrl- anyone else?

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
hmm it might be neat to chat with some people now and then, and i dont use ICQ. my aol IM name is niric. i also mentioned that under my profile.-Hapes-Nova, sticking to glowsticks

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Hey chatters!I've got AIM and Yahoo! instant messenger..on Yahoo! I'm 'unprotoize' and on AIM i'm 'kb3cwp'.Whee!

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
whats this aol u speak of?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I have ICQ, 15355786, and like i said in chat thread, on irc all the time on the oz.org (mpx.oz.org) and starting #poi smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
smitty, i'm not sure if you're serious, but i dont know what sites you hear about in your part of the world, so i'll answer your question just in case. aol is america online. it's a big internet company/website from which is available a service much like icq, which allows you to chat w/friends whose screen names you have. if you'd like to download it, just go to https://www.aol.com
and look for aol instant messenger. of course, some people will tell you that aol is way too commercial and you should use icq instead, but i really have no preference. hope that helps smile

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
my aim name would be emptysetZ

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
yeah, if im ever online at home im arsonistD on AIM and katafunk on napster or just email me anytime at katafunk@hotmail.com.DRAKEPS: hey simos, i hope youre not serious

Asraimember
2 posts

Posted:
i'm gonna add my AIM name to the list.. mine is MinaSin. smile

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
actualy tekknogurrl, i was serious, ive never heard of aolbut ive got heaps of other chat programs,icq, msn, yahoo, odigo, mirc, but never heard of aol, cause all my freinds are on msn and icq.[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 01 March 2001).]

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Drake - did you mean Smitty on what you wrote above??? smile...by the way AOL messenger is only popular in the USA (as the name implies) and a few other contries so don't assume everyone in the world has heard of it or uses it smile - AOL is a big company in its own right but if are not involved or interested in financial markets then i don't see any reason why you are expected to have heard of it grinhappy swinging,Simos

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
thanks simos, now i dont feel like suck n idiot for not knowing what aol is, since its usa based, and since i'm from aussie n all.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
A0L is now huge in Australia, they have massive amounts of advertising campaigns cause they offer a cheap product (and you get what you pay for). Stupid ads on tv with people dressed in green and orange :PThey also own CompuServe worldwide and have recently merged with Time Warner. Monopoly of dial in access here we come. . .

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah I wasnt going to say anything, but frenzie inspired me to this; I hope Aol dies in the ass.I hope it never makes it in Australia, its bad enough with MSN.love ya IE3 rip off custom browser AOL. good one.ppl! PLEASE learn to ues the NET, not one specific interface.Josh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
My boyfriend actually works for AOL - in Australia. He agrees.... they suck!I can't complain too much however because I have unlimited free access to the net via AOL. Josh you're right regarding the AOL browser. It's crap. I never use it. smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Hehehe, my company does support for CompuServe as well and they have equally sucky browser. Yes A0L will make it in Australia because its cheap and nasty and people like the "easy" interface. Click on the icon and bingo, everything in front of you.....They also own netscape dont they, or are partners, theyre huge . . . .

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Yep, they own Netscape. In Australia, AOL is also in cahoots with AAPT. That makes for one almighty multi-national corporation.*sigh*[Finn mutters to herself about the evils of globalisation/]

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
whoops, yeah i did mean smitty. my bad. ya know, it might have made sense if i got the name right and i knew smitty was from australia. whoops.DRAKE

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
If you wanna put me on your ICQ my # is 38235911

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
You can find me online at TaiGuy722 for AOL- Yes AOL's browser is a piece of crap [my brother works for AOL, but he runs the search and keyword function]. AOL's big in USA [hence the name], founded in 1985 in some guys garage. It's *ALSO* very popular in Europe because they offer *fREE* servive there... don't ask me why, 'cuz i don't know. I never knew it was big in australia though... hmm... the reason it sucks so much, is 'cuz they have too many users and not enough servers to handle the bandwidth. that's just my $.02------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
yeah, its pretty much agreed by like everyone that AOL's browser really is crap, but i never use AOL for its web capabilities anyway. i really only use it for the instant messenging service it comes with, and also for mail. I guess im just too lazy to get AIM, so i use AOL.-Hapes-Nova, happy glowsticker, glowstringer

Fire Punkmember
18 posts

Posted:
My name is FirePunk81 on AOl if anyone is interested. I am a female that does fire poi/fire breathing in the reno area, and will be attending Burning Man this year.

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
Hey all, I'm new here and really had no clue the that Poi existed. I've been twirling glowsticks for about 6 months now and to my suprise, the weave is not just a chain whip move smile. I've seen all of these new tricks on the Poi-lessons section, and if anyone can give me some pointers on unlearning bad habits that I've learned self teaching myself "Poi". My AIM is lazerous66. Lazerous

bird chicmember
9 posts

Posted:
i am always ready to talk.... on aim i am chicafly420 MASAGE AWAY KIDZ!

joeydmember
8 posts

Posted:
on aim, im j03yd. feel free to im me to chat. bird chic, you sound hot, wanna meet up somewhere? smile

joey-d--

bird chicmember
9 posts

Posted:
blowey e - yeah i saw your pic... i think you are the sexiest man in the world. i think we could have sex with a pair of strings... wanna try... hahahahaha

joeydmember
8 posts

Posted:
hrm... that would be interesting- what are ya doin this weekend? smile

joey-d--

bird chicmember
9 posts

Posted:
you know what i am doin this weekend.... haha... the sticks will be green.. it's st patricks day! ahaha xoxoxoxwe were meant for online love.... jk

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yahoo autumn132003
msn autumnathena
LJ Gothfrogette

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows