jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
i was using my fire one day and I found a nifty little way to turn around. it involves two wraps and a butterfly. from a forward 3 beat weave, do a wrap with your right poi on your left armpit/bicept. turn 90 degrees to the left. from there, do one butterfly rotation (or more if desired) into a left handed armpit/bicept wrap on the right arm. instantly you're still doing a forward weave but facing the other direction. and it looks damned cool.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Indeed.

You can also do the same thing without the butterfly by doing a double bicep wrap instead of one at a time as well.

Forward weave, 90 deg turn > double bicep wrap > 90 deg turn = forward weave.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Or from a forward weave to a windmill to a reverse weave (opposite direction also works). smile

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
yup... i was just stating which on i liked the most. I got thousands of combinations and wraps galore. wanna hear something nifty? just ask

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
I've been playing around w/ going into a double "wrap" (more like a back of the knee stall or underarm stall usually) from a weave, and pulling out butterfly. I can do it smoothly enough from weave wrap to butterfly, but i might need more control to keep the butterfly wrap to weave pullout that smooth.. every played with those, jaero?

-- dut

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
I have.... you can wrap one arm into a butterfly pretty easily. if you were to wrap both poi around your legs at the same time, you could transition into an over the head butterfly quite easily. getting out might take time. my favorite way to go from weave to butterfly is by leaving each poi on the opposite side of my body as the hand holding it and crossing them into then through eachother. if you don't understand, get back to me.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I like the double bicept wraps myself, dont do it much but it looks good with fire

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
it looks real nice with fire. but I've got ever so many burn scars on my bicepts from that one wrap. I need a long sleeve shirt or something.