Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
OK, I've gotten statements both ways in the past, but I need a definitive answer... can i store either or both of these in a pvc container:
Kerosene
Butane (pressurized)

please only answer if you can back it up with hard facts or first hand experience... and don't cite gasolene as the proof, they're not the same thing.

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Kerosene, yes. I have some kerosene that was sold in a #3 (PVC) container.

Pressurized butane? I can't say for sure, but the fact that it is sold in metal containers leads me to suspect the answer is no. Anyhow, how would you dispense it and keep it pressurized?

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

342 posts

Posted:
not for dispensing, for pressurizing kerosene flamethrower

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?

342 posts

Posted:
no longer care about butane, need to know about propane

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Propane comes in small containers will that work? Are you concerned about PVC parts on your thrower being pressurized? If so I'd suggest replacing those parts with the propper tubing or metal. I'd think PVC would be too brittle under pressure, aside from dissolving the PVC .

Hope it helps, I didn't see anyone else posting definitive answers. wink

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

342 posts

Posted:
to prevent combustion due to O2 in the tank the tank will be pressurized with propane sapped from the pilot light... I planned to make the tank pvc and i needed to know whether it's doable, pressure is not a prob, 150 psi is well within pvc's limits