Page:
Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Thanks AGAIN Klaymen Also everyone else who "share's" wink All videos are WMP. Spymac hosted so vides and clips often go up and down and randomally stop working. But usually only stay down 1hr.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mooku hoa... Ka nui nga mihi ki a koutou.

Crome : poi vid

7.27 MB (7,631,036 bytes)

https://dragon7.spymac.net/Crome.wmv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire poi from the circle

8.77 MB (9,202,392 bytes)

https://dragon7.spymac.net/burnzone.wmv

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1128984782)

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
dont know why i havnt seen these before, and just downloaded rebel and thats some mighty peculiar poi youve got going on there especially in the first bit smile i like it.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Written by: DJ Dantana

so... when are you gona make another video!?!?!

Your fans are waiting!

weavesmiley

not til after we kick him real good in the kahunas..

oh and d-man that horizontal stuff you were talking to me about.. sealed my anti-spin corks.. thx padna...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
*edited*
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1112970453)

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
OVERKILL?!? How else am I going to pass the time at work??? Please nobody listen to this man, he's clearly out of his head right now biggrin Please please keep up wit the vids

Whats wrong with more videos? Dunno about many others, but I watch them all, every single one. May I don't always reply, maybe not on this board even, but I like them all(collect em too).

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Added : Crome poi vid
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1112970695)

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
added: my foot to your ass for not talking to me...

oh wait.. I'm the prick that hasnt been online..

my bad.. I'll try and be online a bit this weekend wink

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
man, that staff video rocks! Rakua.WMV yea, good stuff man, I especialy like the martial arts stikes.

eek

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Sorry to say I didnt like the chrome video cuz I cant SEE THE POI.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Sorry to say I didnt like the chrome video cuz I cant SEE THE POI.

ubblol thats cause there "is" no poi wink its just me flailing badly biggrin Anyway, what u wanna see the poi 4! I made it like that so u wouldnt know wtf i was doing and then ud assume i was sh@t hot and everyone would want to be my friend wink ubblol

And i dont recall u sayin u liked any of my videos wink But thank you for ur honesty Icon smile For what its worth i did like ur last video, wayyy better.

And if u can stomach another one, ill shot some more later an put it up so u can actually see it ubbangel

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Added : Nighthawk fire poi video. 2 poi/ 4 poi and 2 poi 1 handed on fire

U "should" be able to see the poi in that 1 wink

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yes yes, that is much better. Nice vid, specially like the 4 poi stuff, keep it up.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I like chrome, especialy because you can't see the poi. It makes oyu watch the body movement, which happenes to be very good moves. excelent fluidity and style. I think its your best video yet. But I haven't seen nighthawk yet.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
:nods: ty

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
great moves just needs to relax a bit to to creat a better flow oh yeah and sperate that bf turn into a ttn turn oh yeah sick hand cuffs weave wraps done them with glow strings but now I have to do them with fire just to avoid feeling like a wuss lolsign lolsign

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
much better than the last few have been... the email you sent already covered the critique so I don't really have anything else to add..;)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Ok ill admit that Nighthawk is [censored]! But i wont make any excuses smile

Anyway, its for the Owl that lives in the tree by my house keeping me up...not you punks wink ubblol

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
And who deleted my title? How do i fix that?

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Added my single long staff video TuTaniwha. Atlast a vid i can be (semi) proud of smile

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
So what happened to the poi video?? I watched it a few months ago and lost the opportunity to save it to my 'puter for further viewing, came back the next day, and the videos didn't work. I tried to download them for days before finally giving up and forgetting all about them.

Then I saw your post on Tribe,,,a light came on, and here I am ,, sol,,,,again.

Anyways,,,,,, I liked chrome ,,,I've always wondered what someone spinning poi looks like when you can't see the poi. I've had a few people come up to me at twilight when I've been practicing and tell me that they were wondering what I was doing dancing around in the middle of the street,and as soon as they saw the toys they had their answer. Chrome is unique, especially when contrasted to so many fire videos where you can only see the poi and not the spinner.

As to the missing fire video, from what I can remember, I have to agree the lighting was poor but the spinning was great. I'm not trying to blow my own horn here but if I were to make a video that's what it would look like. I think we have very similar styles.

Those comments Arashi made, about presenting a move or pattern have also been stuck in my head for a while. I've been working on the "there are no moves" philosophy for the past year or so and I found them inspiring at a time when I seem to have become more of a performance oriented spinner rather than just spinning for my own enjoyment.

I'm going to save this thread to favourites, in the hopes you see fit to re-post the fire video, I'll keep my eyes open for it on Tribe too.

Cheers...David

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much man smile It means alot. hug

Nighthawk was basically me messing round. Not quite what i had hoped but hey.

I like it when you can see something in someone else that you can relate to, style or combos. What ever it is, it seems to connect you, even if you have never meet. smile There are afew people i feel like that about here.

If you want the link i can PM it to you. I took down some of the vids because i want to put up more new ones, but my server is crap and i cant get anything to upload frown . Fate ay! I must need better video wink ubblol ubbangel

peace
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1124878033)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I would love a link, if the video is still available, I can't get the image of that double bicep wrap out of my head, it's the only move I've got that I'm actually scared to try with fire. I'm hoping to spend a little more time around here again

beerchug

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I had that problem with the wraps. Its hell dangerous, especially when they get tangled and stuck to your arm eek I just takes awhile to get use to the flame on skin.

There is a picture in my gallery with my poi, the connections and way they are folded stop me from getting burnt just because there is no exposed metal.

Except the chain, and if you keep moving the dog chain, it wont heat up enough to burn you smile

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Well that downloaded without a hitch. the video looks good, except for the lighting....More tiki torches smile

Have you seen that video Sage...Behind the flame ? If memory serves me, that was lit by tiki torches, and looked great, too bad I loaned it to someone six months ago,,,and haven't seen her since.

I saw your wrapping poi in your gallery, they're like mine, but I bought mine in Thailand and I have a sneaking suspicion that they're made of asbestos. The only metal exposed is the eyebolt at the top, which for some reason doesn't seem to get hot enough to burn me during bare skin wraps ( Wish I could say the same for my cathedrals,,I have a nasty burn on my left bicep from those)
: mad

Kudos on the spiral wrap, it's one move I can pull off no problem with unlit poi, but for some reason, it's never worked lit.

My problem with the double bicep wrap is simply,,,fear. I think it's got something to do with the wicks getting that close to my face, more specifically, my eyes,,,that,,and the fact that I keep forgetting to practice it. biggrin

I'm looking forward to your next video

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I added another firepoi clip from the circle. Shot it last night. Its on page one...

I shot Deepsoulsheep ' s video at the same smile

Not seen behind the flame "yet".

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Now that's a kick ass poi video, and should definitely change the opinions of anybody who thinks poi are a girls toy wink You're a Martial Arts guy,,right?

I still can't get the Deep Soul Sheep video, the server is giving me an " extreme download activity detected" message, but I'll keep trying

Cheers...David

Page: