Page:
FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I've just lit up my balls for the first time. (I love the way that sounds so wrong wink)

So proud! I've just juggled fire...still need to get used to it properly, but yay anyway!

And now I need praise and attention... biggrin

smells like burning teenagers..

CTHobbitBRONZE Member
God Emperor Hobbit
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: grotbox

I've just lit up my balls for the first time. (I love the way that sounds so wrong wink)

So proud! I've just juggled fire...still need to get used to it properly, but yay anyway!

And now I need praise and attention... biggrin

Yay!

Did you use those neat firefly thingummies? I think those are really neat.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
cool. you'll have to show me those sometime. tampering with the idea of making my own fire clubs....or buy some, that would be easier lol

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I used ones similar to these...

Non-Https Image Link

Haven't got used to them properly yet though. Will hopefully be comfy with them soon.

Aimee, when you finish school for the summer I might have to kidnap you for a while... biggrin

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ohhh those look expensive.

1 week three days and counting! but then i go on holiday pretty much stright away frown im free for the further 5 weeks tho!

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
How long is your hol?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
hehe - its cool aint it? took me ages to be able to pull tricks with fire clubs, it seems so much harder than normal clubs.

can those balls be used without gloves?

josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
the spiral ones can because it's the wick in the middle that burns not the outside which is kevlar coated to prevent any contact with metal... i think clubs is where it's at fire juggling wise though! wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: Josh

can those balls be used without gloves?

As duballstar said, yus they can. This scares my mother very very much. ubblol

Do you really think clubs are better than balls when it comes to fire?
I began trying to learn normal clubs a while ago, and I must admit, the rhythm is rather nice. smile

grot x

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
its 6 weeks smile
2 broken nails, a wobbly tooth and a smashed lightbulb later i can juggle clubs - can't wait to get some fire ones.

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Your holiday away is 6 weeks?
Or your holiday from school is 6 weeks?

Are you in Hastings at all this summer?
Damn, now I'm confused...!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
admittedly i haven't juggled those fireflies for a while but they did get pretty hot...

how long did you burn them for?

as far as i remember they're not great for tricks with carries either (burkes, weave and so on) which is a shame cos those tricks all look great with lit up props.

but i think i'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to juggling and fire!

like josh said, it took ages before i could do tricks with fire clubs and to be honest, i've pretty much given up on juggling fire clubs completely.
although that may just be because i don't own any yet...

good luck with the fireballs smile

devil juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
I'm waiting for my fire clubs to arrive in the post.. cant wait! biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I use one of those balls for fire Contact Juggling - doesn't get too hot, and I keep it still for quite some time - heat goes up, so as long as you hand's underneath the ball your hands should be quite cool.

I do seem to have permanently bald hands mind you wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
my holiday from school is 6 weeks
my holiday with dad is one week and the very beginning of school holidays so technically have 5 weeks.

so...yes i live in bexhiil, so hastings takes a 2 minute car ride. see you in a couple of weeks?!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
It's on my 'to do' list, to get into juggling fire. But as yet, I don't know too much about it.

With regards to these balls...
Written by: Durbs

...heat goes up, so as long as you hand's underneath the ball your hands should be quite cool.

Does this mean you're still able to do tricks such as 'mills mess', or do the balls get too hot to grab from above?

Durbs, you said you did CJ with them? Roughly how long can they sit on your body before they get too hot? (when juggling I often do 'stalls' on the backs of my hands... would this still be possible?)

biggrin juggle biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Where did you get those fire balls?! I need some : ) How much were they, they look to be so much fun.....weeeee! fire juggling!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
my friend Dave had some fire juggling balls but they werent cages so they needed gloves. Ive never seen him use them because he left them for six months without lighting them and the wicks got all weird, so now if you can light all three (which takes ages) as soon as you start juggling one goes out and dissapears because its dark so you drop them and have to start again. Let this be a warning do not leave your wicks too long. Especially with juggling balls as they are extra prone to becoming crapped up.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
fyrefli balls

the ones that russell's mate dave had were probably more like the mr babache ones:
Non-Https Image Link

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

to be honest, i've pretty much given up on juggling fire clubs completely.
although that may just be because i don't own any yet...

i always thought you were a man that enjoy a challenge though? wink to be fair i don't do a lot with mine but i think the true test of having learnt a clubs trick is to do it with fire when you can't see the handles...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah doing fire clubs in the dark is really tricky. Lots of fun tho smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

how long did you burn them for?

but i think i'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to juggling and fire!

Umm, not sure how long I burnt them for? Until they went out really.

One of the balls went out before the others so I decided to do two balls in one hand instead. For some reason I found it really difficult to get that pattern started, even though without fire I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
I suppose if I wasn't that little bit weary of fire, I wouldn't find it quite so much fun. biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: grotbox

I suppose if I wasn't that little bit weary of fire, I wouldn't find it quite so much fun. biggrin

this seems like a bit of a paradoxical statement to me mr.grotbox. i believe you meant to say something else... umm

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
makes sense to me mate - its just another way of saying "doing it with fire makes it a little scary but much more fun".

i don't agree, but i do get it smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
lit up my fire clubs for the first time last night biggrin very tricky trying to catch the end you cant see but managed a certain amount of sucess.

Only get about 2 mins worth of burn though (second hand clubs) and the wicks are 55mm... is this the normal size?

The noise and heat is just amazing though, love it smile

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

this seems like a bit of a paradoxical statement to me mr.grotbox. i believe you meant to say something else... umm

It's miss grotbox. wink
And coleman's translation of my phrase makes much more sense!

Don't you find that having a bit of fear of the fire adds to the adrenaline of whatever you're doing? It can't just be me?!

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Any chance of sum pics?

fire leads to creation

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i belive rarr's avatar is of someone juggling with fire clubs... juggle

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
I do believe thats me wink

I've got a few pics at https://www.web-a-photo.com/pictures_view...557904491092043
Its my first set of pics so they arn't the best wink

FIRE_SPINNERBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i believe clubs are better than balls when it comes to fire juggling thou harder to learn have a better rythm and look as if they need an awful lot of talent but if you can juggle ball not that harder maybe a couple of weeks to learn i have been juggling for six months and i can juggle 1,2,3,4 and 5 balls 1,2,3 and 4 clubs (thou 4 club juggling sounds hard it's not just two colums that look like they are crossing but that are not) and have juggled fire balls but prefer to juggle fire clubs

FIRE_SPINNERBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i believe clubs are better than balls when it comes to fire juggling thou harder to learn have a better rythm and look as if they need an awful lot of talent but if you can juggle ball not that harder maybe a couple of weeks to learn i have been juggling for six months and i can juggle 1,2,3,4 and 5 balls 1,2,3 and 4 clubs (thou 4 club juggling sounds hard it's not just two colums that look like they are crossing but that are not) and have juggled fire balls but prefer to juggle fire clubs great for showing off to friends harder to do i the pitch black but resoults are great

Page: