Forums > Help! > A few questions...

Login/Join to Participate

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Heya everyone! I'm organising a campus society for Fire Arts. I'm thinking about calling it Disciples of Hephaestus. Suggestions anyone?

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I suck at coming up with group names - I don't tink anyone has ever liked a suggestion I made, so apparently I have no taste in this regard - either to help you find a name or judge the ones you have...

hopefully someone else can be of more assistance.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Did you intentionally go for the acronym DOH?

You need a title that can be both shortened acceptably and spelt easily, while things like Firechains camp or Twirling Fire might be boring, they are immediately memorable, whereas yours, while poetic, will mean nothing to people who don't know any mythology so you'll be referred to as "The Disciples of Heffas...no, Hepatus, um, nuh, that's not it, hang on a minute, I've got it written somewhere..."

Use your name as an addendum, it sounds too good to be discarded outright.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
*quickly looks up the word addendum* Swear to god, I used to have a rather extensive vocab... *mumblemumble* AH! I get it... how about LC3 Fire Artists?

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
We have a Circus Society here in Foulmouth. CircSoc for short.

Crap name, good people. What more could you want?

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Hrm... this is true. Okay! Thanks smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Your uni will allow a fire society? Ours won't. But then, one of our departments did burn down... Whoops. wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Well, to have any sort of flammable stuff on campus (fuels and such) you have to have permission from Security. And since I'm a student worker in security, and I'm pretty sure our Faculty sponsor will be the head o' security, we should be good to go smile Plus student council likes the idea.

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:

At Murdoch Uni here in Perth, somes friends ran fire twirling lessons, organised by the guild. The uni had no problems with it either, and were quite enthusiastic, guess it all comes down to indivdual uni policys and how flexibly the powers that be are.

Good luck with your society smile

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
we have a juggling society at brandeis biggrin just call security tell them that the juggling club's gonna do fire in a parking lot and they're like "cool"

sometimes they drive down, and we're like ummm, park and watch us biggrin

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I actually started my fire arts through the Murdoch Uni fire nights.