Forums > Social Chat > Wish I could burn memories from my brain...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
I would go through with it... Just to get these thoughts out of my mind so that I can move on with my life. The messed up emotion that is Love.... ah what a killer it is ...

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I would just like to give bender a huge round of applause and appraisal for his posts in this thread smile

I have to agree with keeping the scars... the only thing I remember from the movie Troy was when Achilles said: "The God's envy us because everything is so beautiful for us because we are damned" (I hope that makes sense to you)

I hope all of you who are hurting are ok soon hug hug

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Take some small consolation from the fact that you are not the only feeling the way you do. My girlfriend, who i consider to be the most wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and talented individual i've ever known, decided about 4 weeks ago that she didn't love me anymore. Totally out of the blue.

It hurts like being shot, then having to grieve for people that aren't dead.

Solidarity brother. hug

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Lost my fiance, who I'd dated for two years, about six months ago, and she still calls me, tells me she misses me, wants me back, even though she still messes around with the guy that she "took a break" from me for in the first place. Every time I talk to her, it hurts that much more.

But it'll get better. Lotsa people feel this way at one time or another. Just another one of those gigantic f*ing steps in life that you gotta get through.

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Sucks fuckin cock though.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
i cant agree with you more Mags

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
if you think about it.. you are damed if you do damned if you dont. If you never loved you will always be wishing for it. If you loved and lost you will always be regretting that it never happened. I just lost my focus... what was i saying?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lads, I'm really sorry that you've all been hurt, I suppose most of us go through it at one stage or another...

but it is kindof strange for me (and maybe some other girls too) to read this thread... it's rare to see guys express how they feel, and from my point of view it's normally the guys doing the hurting, rather than being hurt.

Harsh as this is going to sound (and it's not meant to), it does restore my faith in mankind a little to know that you're not all unfeeling b**tards smile

So thanks and take care - and I promise, not all women are evil and only out to destroy your souls.

xx

Getting to the other side smile

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
hey im sensative and express my feelings look! :::puppy dog face:::: see?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol... youse are all the same!!! smile

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
this is getting out of hand.. the pain is to the point where i get sick.. everything reminds me one way or another. And there is no way to avoid most of it because she (and her new [censored]) is in all of my classes. So every day its like ripping the wound open again..... i want to leave

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Take some time off classes, man. I gotta place you can crash and a really good group of friends out here if you need to get away for a few days.

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
That's the problem i think. Even when you get past the stage where everything reminds of the lost one, you start in on the "this is the first time i've done [whatever] since we split up" or, "the last time i did this i was with her".

The physical pain goes away. I still tremble when i think about her. Seeing her or speaking to her actually makes me slightly dizzy, as my body (which thinks we're still together) fights with my brain (which, unfortunately) knows we're not.

I'm actually shaking as i write this.

Firepoise>> I'm not young enough, or stupid enough, to believe that all women are evil. I don't think the girl that caused all this pain is evil. We're all just people, trying to get by. But it f.u.c.k.i.n.g. huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Sorry Mags, I didn't mean to cause you any added or unnecessary stress, actually, that last line was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Everyone (including me) will get over the pain of what has happened to them eventually, and will eventually start seeing other people.

But some guys (and only some... I suppose girls too), carry on the pain of their last split-up to the next relationship... which is why I made that comment. I have met too many guys who damage the relationships they are in because of a hurt from the past.

Anyways, take care, that nausea will wear off eventually. Before you know it, you will be back to the stage were it is liberating to be single.

xx

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Re-reading that, i realised that it sounded like i was pissed off. It should be noted that generally everything i write on here should be read as if the speaker (me) is grinning like an idiot. Except when i'm clearly not.

No worries anyway.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the
crotch of the person who screws up your day
and may their arms be too short to scratch..... biggrin ubbloco biggrin

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
joy is a small animal
that scampers away when you really seek it
when you relax, it comes to lick at your fingers.

if you are single, if you have a partner,
just let the joy seek you out.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Mags: no problem sunshine

Faberge: ingenious... hilarious, even smile

Bender:
Joy is a small animal
That scampers away when you really seek it
When you relax, it comes to lick at your fingers
Then some f**ker comes and stands on it.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
nooooOOOO!!!
think of the children!!!
:weeps:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
As someone going through the same thing right now, let me say: Love is always better and easier in theory than practice. I just had my girlfriend who I still love (unfortunatly, no matter how much you seem to try to stop, it just hurts more) break it off with me. It was my first real love and relationship so it has been especially hard, having no experience with such things before. Might suggest writing... it seems to help me to vent writing (to the point now of short novels, smile ) and drawing. Helps to get all those feelings out where you can look over them and gauge how you slowly hurt less. Some of things Ive written that I read now I almost chuckle at when I read.

I agree with a lot of what everyone here has said already, and so do you even though you cant see it now. The fog will lift, and you will be more and more like yourself every day. And have hope... You stood on your own once. You will do it again, and then this scar will be a reminder of the good times, and not the bad.

Oh and all that sillyness about guys not being emotional about things is... well silly. I mean not all guys are withdrawn and not all girls are so open about their feelings either. Its just a personality thing.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Written by: TuTuMan

the lesson is: never fall in love cause it will chew you for the rest of your life one way or another

sorry to tell you this, but you don't really have a choice about falling in love. at some point the pain will have receeded enough and your guard will go down, and then some great person will come along and... well, you won't really have a choice about falling in love. It may seem like folly, but it would be a shame to never experience the thrill of falling in love again.

my girlfriend says:Unglück kehrt sich in Glück um, wenn man es bejaht. (- H. Hesse)

translation: unhappyness transforms itself to happiness when a person embraces it.

apparently this is one of those german sayings that is loaded with all sorts of meanings and interpretations, many of which you can find already in this thread.

(and I find it interesting that Germans use the same word for happiness as they do for luck).

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: vanize

(and I find it interesting that Germans use the same word for happiness as they do for luck).

i've always found that interesting too. it's same with a lot of languages, the Dutch word gelukkig translates into happy, lucky & fortunate.

same can be said of the Gaelic words sonas & séan , they can both translate into happiness or luck

wonder where the expression "happy-go-lucky" came from......

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Poi_Girlstranger
23 posts

Posted:
Back to the topic: I wish I could do it like in eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. My boyfriend dumped me last week and I still love him. It hurts so much... not just the being alone but especially the fact that I will never be able to kiss him again... or look into his eyes... stroke his skin..... *sigh*
I should hate him but I can't.. so if anyone knows an adress of a good neurologist..... frown

Träume nicht Dein Leben, lebe Deinen Traum.
- Don´t dream your live, live it.

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
Gottaloveit: i totally agree, that was the best bit of the movie

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Man its like the season for heartbreak isnt it? Ha, oh well, Im new to the scene I guess so...

I just wanted to thank MiG publically for his post:

Cry not that its over, smile because it happened.

You have no idea how much this has helped me especially of late, and several friends in several situations which I've applied it to in the last few days. Death, jobs, etc. etc. It has become my new favorite quote, and Im sure it will be carried well into my future. Thank you, my friend. hug

ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean.

My last one is still hurting.
cos I went through so much to become what she wanted from me.
but I went about it all in the wrong way.
and lost her.
now I'm stuck with the fact that I love her, but she does not love me.

what am I to do?

get over it and find someone that will love for what I am now.

any offers out there.

ubbloco

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

laudieSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
that was lovely. thank you.

to find words that can help negative thoughts realise they are only there due to the positive ones is 1 mighty fine help.

i myself had some heartbreak over the last year, that came to a head at the weekend frown

laudie is sad, but we can b sad together smile

is the first cut the deepest?

Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Poi_Girlstranger
23 posts

Posted:
über seal, I know exactly what you mean. First: Immer wenn Du glaubst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein Lichtlein her! wink
I changed a whole part of my life to be what my ex wanted (moved to Aachen, disregarded my hobbies) just to realize that you cannot make someone love you. And know I sit here in dreary Germany with nothing but a broken heart. Well, it's not so bad. Always make sure you don't loose sight of your true friends. They will help you through the rough time. hug

ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
Written by: Poi_Girl

über seal, I know exactly what you mean. First: Immer wenn Du glaubst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein Lichtlein her! wink

thanks.
and what does that mean.

yeah well life is life. and I will be a better person in the long run cos of this.
the next one will be lucky little girl.

are you off to the ejc or what?

ubbloco

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

LavaRainBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
On the topic of love I would like to suggest two movies that you might enjoy. The first one you must rent, it is called BEFORE SUNRISE.

The second just came out in theatres, it is called BEFORE SUNSET.

Its about that moment when you are captured and you can't stop falling and all that you want is more, more, more.

Another good movie is Lovers of The Arctic Circle, it's very playful.

Peace
LavaRain
devil

Poi_Girlstranger
23 posts

Posted:
I did see Before Sunrise. It was one of my favorite movies. Though I come to the question: Would they have been a couple with future? I mean possibly yes but they just knew each other and knew that it was just this one night they had together. Adventurous things like that seem to increase the effect of being meant for each other. I mean true love is based on more than sexual attraction and a nice chit-chat in Viennas Fairy Wheel. True love is based on things you have in common, trust, friendship, passion, ... I always think of my boyfriend as my lover, my soulmate and the best friend I ever have! Sorry, that's a little bit off topic but has to be said. I gave my ex the "look behind the curtain" - unfortunately he didn't know how to aprecciate it and left me. I guess reality scares most people (sorry boys, but especially YOU!!).

Page: