Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Ideas of mixing in fire breathing with fire poi....

Login/Join to Participate

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
Perhaps have a bit of fuel in the mouth and when the poi are on their upward swing during a butterfly or any move that crosses your face let out some of the fuel to add some flare to the act. Any thoughts?

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Very dangerous!! Ive seen it done and looks ok but you've got all the dangers of fire breathing, plus if any fuel trickles down your chin or anything like that, you dont have any free hands to wipe it away so thats an extra risk.

A cool effect but not really worth the risk in my opinion.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
I was thinking just having a small amount of fuel in your mouth, enough for 1 or 2 quick flames. But the more i think about it, the more i realise that nothing good can come of the situation smile It would be very risky but if you timed it correctly It would look amazing

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Works well with forward buzzsaws, (please don't try reverse!) and also butterflys if you can get the timing right.

Firebreathing is deadly. Please read
A Season In Hell and [Old link] before (or instead of) trying it again.

Respect
Davy

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Really not worth the risk, IMO.

I've done fire breathing, and it in and of itself is dangerous enough. When you have a static torch, you can keep track of wind direction fairly well, but wind direction can change in an instant...and you can get blow back. I think it'd be much easier to deal with blow back with a static torch than poi.

The closest I've come to combining the two is doing a butterfly in front of a fire breather and have them light my wicks....but I'd worked the timing out with them, and practiced without fire. (vanize has also done this...)

In the end, the cool effect isn't worth the risk of personal injury for me...

Just...stating my own humble opinions.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
well put.. its all fun and games untill someone burns their mouths off trying to attempt this smile

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
burning your mouth off is getting off lightly when it comes to fire breathing accidents. read the articles and posts recommend earlier. know the full depth of your risks before you decide to do this stunt.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
my friend does it, but when doing a buzzsaw....check out leliel's gallery

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
butterflies are safer to breathe thru than buzzsaws IMO, just have to get the timing right.

haven't done it in a while because I've cut way back on breathing, but breathing through vertical separations always looked nice. It's not a trick for the faint hearted, but I stood with my arms out, holding my meteors out, and had two breathers behind me breathe through my arms to light the meteors. I did have massif arm, hand and head coverings for this, all damp as well.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
I stopped breathing fire while swinging, as the heavy breathing made me breathe oil-fumes with perhaps worse effect than my nicotine-abuse...