• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > cleaning kerosene off leather

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 156
Posted:any tips for how to wash off kerosene and its odor from fabric and leather? i recently spilled a bunch of it on my leather bag and the interior of my car. yuck! very stinky, very gross. right now i am trying dr. bonners peppermint soap but it is too early to tell the results. any cleaning info would be good!

HOP admin
Total posts: 984
Posted:Melissa,Try Leather & Saddle soap = available at most leather shopsRegardsMalcolm

"May your balls always burn"

Total posts: 58
Posted:one thing i used to do deoderise my car isopen all the windows and spray half a can of deoderent in it....but now i hardly smell kero anymore so it doesnt bother me.
Non-Https Image Link
but one thing to try to get the oder out of the leather is try sealing it in a plastic bad and chuck a lot of bi-carbonate sodain the bag to eat up the oder...
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...