Page:
Dr GreenthumbBRONZE Member
Roll up!, The Doctors in the house!
243 posts

Posted:
(No offence to any of you poi ladies reading this!)

I have to say after only being a HOP member for a short time and checking out all the great pics of trix and all you fab peeps

and have discoverd (this iincludes previouseknowledge) that the women of poi are the Fittest i have ever seen, biggrin

it might jus be me but the whole look attitude and feeling of poi girls beats the arse off your me me towny girls any day!

------------------

All in fav say aye! soapbox

If we all ate one person then i'd be full.

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
It's not about routine anyways to be honest. I think that if you start planning it all, it gets really boring. I started poi for the chance to move and dance and be creative and make people go wow. Not because I needed another routine in my life. I've got enough of those already cheers biggrin. I reckon that poi should just be movement, none of this technical planned junk. Just go with it and do what feels right and you have a great performance!

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Mech you're words were perfect biggrin I couldnt have said all that better myself biggrin

Some female spinners do more than just wiggle wink

Lisa
xx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: ICoN

Are there any girls here who can honestly attest to the contrary?

Yes, there are some techy girls out there. They're few and far between. But they're the best in the world in my opinion. A girl who can dance while incorporating technical prowess is amazing. BamBam and Cassandra are two who stand out in MY mind. I know there are more. But yes, they're rare.

To play devil's advocate though... It DOES and will ALWAYS break my heart that a chick in a bikini HOLDING poi will always beat the most tecnical guy in the eyes of most audiences.

Then again, it's a small price to pay in such a male dominated society.

(My, that's a whole new can of worms isn't it? wink )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FireflyeBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
Well, I don't what it is that turns poi girls into sex goddesses but just the other night I had my first public performance and this old man came up to me and was like,
"Are you the fire dancer?" I said,
"Yes." and then he said,
"Can I hug you?"
Now being the trusting naive poi girl that I am I gave him a hug and for the first time in my 20 years of existence this old man copped a freakin field on me!!!! Could not believe it!!! Afterwards I told my friends and they said,
"It must be the fire!"

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in to stop my mind from wandering....

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
Yeah, the amount of people that stand and drool over female poi spinners is slightly worrying...

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Well said mech! biggrin

I think its fine for people to drool over us female spinners as long as they don't touch! Fireflye, i wouldve punched that guy, or at least got a big strong bloke to punch him or possibly just shouted at him a lot biggrin

On another note, what counts as techy?? confused

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

HenrikGOLD Member
111 posts

Posted:
lit your pois again and hit him with it!!!!!!
whats wrong with you?? cant you see that you are the one in control!?
wink

youre like the diet coke of evil. just one calorie, not evil enough.

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
I haven't gotten around the scene much yet + I can't wait to see some ladies playing fire. Girls always stay away from meh poi and go "I can't do that, I'm a girl." Always seemed dumb to me cos girls are usually class at... moving.They've got rythm. I know one girl who's got into poi + she's got the flow (but I don't get to drool cos she's only 15.) So its good coming on here and seeing that more ladies like to play aswell.

Maybe its paaaartially because girls don't like bruises and scars quite as much as guys?

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
I'm new to yhis poi stuff, but I have to say the Girlies win.
I can spin quite a few moves, but when it comes down to all that spinning and wiggling the girls do, I haven't got a clue. Just end up in a tangled mess.
And they don't have to worry about hitting there nuts

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Written by: nilid69

Maybe its paaaartially because girls don't like bruises and scars quite as much as guys?

ubblol you obviously haven't met a few of us wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya we don't have to worry about nuts, but we've got boobs that hurt pretty bad when hit hard. and it does still hurt to get hit down there tongue

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

HenrikGOLD Member
111 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

pounce: guys 'tend 2 keep out of chicks who fights.. theyre nuts...:S wink

youre like the diet coke of evil. just one calorie, not evil enough.

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Eeesh, I can hardly imagine how much fear buzzsaws must induce in those of us lucky enough to have been born with ladybumps.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Yeah that can be pretty painful, especially when learning! *shudder* thats why ive also heard the buzzsaw called the 'boobie bounce' smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
This is one time that being blessed with small boobies is a good thing...

I actually set mine on fire one of the first times I lit my staff up. It was amusing because I had three guys toweling for me and they all rushed to my aid. However, since I was spinning a staff, I just held it in one hand and put myself out with the other...they were not amused. biggrin

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Big breasts aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway. Sure they're good for oggling, but there is a difference between oggle value and sexiness.

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Big breasts can be just as sexah as small ones. Its all about the woman wearin' 'em.

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Written by: spritie

This is one time that being blessed with small boobies is a good thing...

I actually set mine on fire one of the first times I lit my staff up. It was amusing because I had three guys toweling for me and they all rushed to my aid. However, since I was spinning a staff, I just held it in one hand and put myself out with the other...they were not amused. biggrin

ubblol !

**giggles**

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i have faith in people to have evolved to the point where gender is not percieved as a limit.

kickass poi grandmasters like cass and ros twirl like how i wanna, in tech and grace!

!!sexual stereotyping is not everything!!

if you think gender makes a difference, then you DEFINITELY haven't seen enough twirlers to form a definitive opinion.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hmmm girls dont get bruised or scarred?

Sheesh. Good thing you havent met me, I'd blow that theory out of the water.

Ok, this is my two cents.

The type of spinning a person does is not dependant on whether they are male or female, it has more to do with how confident they are while using their chosen toys. I've seen more girls compensating with wiggle simply because they dont know more technical moves, and because they arent confident with how they look doing poi and learning to use their whole bodies, to dance, instead of just bounce around.

But the same can be said of Men Too! I dont care that people think girls who wiggle are sexier, in my mind a well dressed person who can poi their ass off in a beautiful controlled fluid manner is going to beat some silly chick in a bikini any day. No questions asked. I'm more likely to look aside in disgust (and have done) at some girl taking their top off to spin, because I dont think it's neccessary and I think it's more dangerous than attractive.

I'm a non wiggler and proud. I dance with my poi/ropedart/staff/whatever, oh YES do I dance.

But sorry. I dont wiggle.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
/Cheer Flynt

Right on.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

243 posts

Posted:
not at all relavent flynt but yeah people do read long threads and ha ha bite marks on your ass now thats funny!

biggrin

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*runs off to change intro*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

243 posts

Posted:
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin
ha ha ha ha ha biggrin

243 posts

Posted:
the masses will be so dissapointed! eek

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
boobs are great for getting served quick in bars and getting your own way... but doin corkscrew - well they just get in the way! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Pop em over your shoulder honey biggrin biggrin biggrin

it's not a problem I've ever had....or am likely to have!!!!
teehee redface

Lisa
x

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
hahahahaha

or tie them over my head in an attempt of ear warmer/ squidgy floppy bunny ears!!! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

243 posts

Posted:
that reminds me i need some more ear warmers so if any ones got a spare pair!?

devil wink

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
HA HA you can borrow mine! wink

Page:

HOP Newsletter