Page: ...
Dr GreenthumbBRONZE Member
Roll up!, The Doctors in the house!
243 posts

Posted:
(No offence to any of you poi ladies reading this!)

I have to say after only being a HOP member for a short time and checking out all the great pics of trix and all you fab peeps

and have discoverd (this iincludes previouseknowledge) that the women of poi are the Fittest i have ever seen, biggrin

it might jus be me but the whole look attitude and feeling of poi girls beats the arse off your me me towny girls any day!

------------------

All in fav say aye! soapbox

If we all ate one person then i'd be full.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yep - i said it was a bad answer smile

i'd say 'techy' spinning is spinning that relies upon or centres around 'advanced' techniques like 5+ bt weaves, airwrap variations, opp direction weaves and so on.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
Yup I said whee to my fluffy poi. Oh dear. What a shame. I don't really like being called a girly girl because I wouldn't say that I really was. I don't detest it, but I just get irked by some guys thinking I'm instantly a wuss because I'm female. That's what I was trying to say. Oh, and whee was used in the context of yay, as in whee we're going to the fair biggrin

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ICON!!!!

qoted from Icon...............

"Sure, girls can wiggle like a bucket-o-worms but I gotta say that Ive never seen a girl who is technically good at poi. Im not saying they cant and there are none, but Ive never seen any. Even girls who have been doing it for 5+ years have more wiggle than moves. Whats up with that?

Are there any girls here who can honestly attest to the contrary?"

I CAN

I can spin more technically than a lot of guys and girls. Anyone back me up there? I can bust a lot of the 'hard' moves as well as dancing and grinning and having plenty of fun.... But both are wicked. Some days I just spin round and round in circles til I get dizzy, other times it's just throws or just btb or just whatever I feel like.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

I can spin more technically than a lot of guys and girls. Anyone back me up there? I can bust a lot of the 'hard' moves as well as dancing and grinning and having plenty of fun.... But both are wicked. Some days I just spin round and round in circles til I get dizzy, other times it's just throws or just btb or just whatever I feel like.

i daresay i's seens a wide spectrum of twirlers - mrs fnf is one of the elitest skilled twirlers i've ever seen.

ever.

again, i laugh hearilty at the narrowminded assertion that gender is a limiting factor.

it's as ignorant as it is insulting. smile smile smile smile
EDITED_BY: bender™ (1089698309)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Fnf your one of the most awsome twirlers i've meet (very techy but stylish and smile at the same time which rocks) .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
balanced with skill too: aside from poiskill she waves a mean stick. even if she wasn't killah, the balance is uncommon to see.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

243 posts

Posted:
hey coleman hope you managed to get home and have that smoke i know i did!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yep smile super hot bath, incense, smokes and a beer did the trick.

back to the discussion though - the fluff bomb fairy is one of the girls i was thinking of when i made my first post here.

hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

243 posts

Posted:
fair play

i went with the D'n'B Weights jog with smokes along the way !

fuzzy headed 2day but the smoke at 8am sorting that one out!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

ICON!!!!

qoted from Icon...............

"Sure, girls can wiggle like a bucket-o-worms but I gotta say that Ive never seen a girl who is technically good at poi. Im not saying they cant and there are none, but Ive never seen any. Even girls who have been doing it for 5+ years have more wiggle than moves. Whats up with that?

Are there any girls here who can honestly attest to the contrary?"

I CAN

yeah, and i don't remember who it said again, but somebody gave a whole list with the top spinners, amongst whom are a lot of girls.

I've actually had a chance to see two of those ladies spinning poi AND staff, namely BamBam and Grace (FlameOz) and I'm still trying to perfect some of the moves I saw them do. oh, AND I saw a group travelling through mexico with 2 girls doing amazing stuff, including poi-throws. and I must add that I've seen more girls do good poi than guys...

so yes, I can too!!!!

guys just seem to act as if they are in a kung-foo movie, shooting through moves in fast sequences, while girls generally flow it all together. for me somebody who does poi well, is not somebody who can just do a lot of good moves, but somebody who can also perform them with grace, and that grace bit is something that comes more naturally to most girls.

now I'm not saying that there aren't any guys that can poi good... I've seen Knoxious spin, and another guy from israel, Noam, who really had a special style to his spin, really short and a lot of direction changes with good facial expressions.... and I hope that someday will see me spin and add me to this list too wink

but enough poi talk for now, I'm off to practice my staff in the park.

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
redface redface redface redface redface

thanks guys ubbrollsmile ubbangel

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
in my meager experience with poi it seems that the girls are pro at moving to the rhythm of the music and just making it all look fluent and such whereas guys just bust out with the hectic monkey jazz beats both are sweet but then ive only ever seen 2 girls spin

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
i think girls like to perfect the art of it .... whereas for me , its all about how fast , hard and the number of beats/second !!!

i tryd the arts approch it works , but it seems that theres more to it than looking pretty ...

i dunno , just me

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

243 posts

Posted:
defo a hell of alot more to it !

i think we all when it comes down to it have both the tech and the rythm in us its just that the ladies of POI have the advantage to rythm and we (as men of poi) have the stregnth and speed to do the tech

no matter which you see they are both wicked and you can't argue with that!

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
just so i can add my 2 cents, i can wiggle my ass as good as any poi girls, and i can rake em in with the best. buyt i have endless respect for all twirlers.

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I think everyone boy or girl has just as much potential to be good with tech and/or rhythm I think it's just what we as individuals find is more important to put our energy into. Though it is good to find a balance.

Live, love, laugh and dance!

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
balance is excellant good

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

243 posts

Posted:
how do you find your balance?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Stand on a rock and don't fall off?
[/unhelpfulness]

XD

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
it'll be in the last place you look smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Ermmm, ever seen the film Highlander?
B - A - L - A - N - C - E, Balance biggrin

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

Page: ...

HOP Newsletter