Page:
Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Hiya.

I'm just curious... has anyone ever tried branding? If so what were the results?

I'm really intreagued by this, although I have never seen an example of it. I have no tattoos or body modifications. I have one bar through my left ear, and my tongue pierced. Thatz it.

I don't really have any major intentions to go out and try it, but....

What does everyone think of branding? any interesting stories?

Tricky

TrickySmile at a stranger!

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
you don't consider a bar though your ear and a pierced toungue modifications??

Q:Whay do you keep hiting yourself in the head with that hammer?A:Cos, it just feels so good when i stop...

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Nah not really, pircings are temporary things that you can remove at any time, and put back if you want, or leave out and it'll heal with very little marking left.

I'd consider modifications to be permanent changes such as tatoos, scarring, inserts under the skin and stuff like that.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
My hands and arms have a pretty nice set of brands in the shape of tiger stripes...

Other than that, I have a couple of self inflicted wounds that I tried in the past to see if I could actually achieve "art," and one of those hilarious old school "smiley-face" brands that you can do with a cigarette lighter.

I used to have a facination with brands, and have met a couple of people that have gotten them. They look wicked. Mine still show from about 6-7 years ago. The best is a little tribal looking thing I made by using the flat side of a knife at different angles. Hurt like hell, but it heals quick enough. KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! Yeah, like that'll work.

Anyway, there are some artists out there that can do it professionaly, and if it intrigues you, then look into it a little bit more. Ask around at tattoo parlors if they know of anyone who does it. I lost interest long ago, but now you've reminded me, so I might have to look into it again.

There's an old Dolph Lundgren movie called Red Scorpion that shows him getting branded. That was what picqued my interest. Looked hella cool. Definitely be safe about it. And make sure you treat the burns so you don't get infected, blah, blah, blah. (Public Safety Reminder) And don't take it too far. If you severely burn your self, it would just plain suck!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was drunk for a year or so around the age of 19 and, during that time I: got branded once - it was meant to be an A but it didn't scar right and now just looks like a blob - Got my neck pierced once - had it taken out about for hours later cos I was having a rare moment of clarity and started to go into shockcut a tic-tac-toe board into my forearm because we wanted to play but didn't have any paper to play onThat was a very long time ago, in a very different part of my life. I'm much more together now and a lot more sober. I still bear the scars though.
Since then I have had:both eyebrows pierced - have since taken one out. My right eyebrow has now been done for 7 yearsmy nose pierced - for a weekendmy lower lip pierced - for 6 yearsmy nipple pierced - 6 years and counting3 tattoos - check the recent tattoos thread for details.Not sure if any of this is relevant to your original post but thanks for letting me yammer on at you anyhoo.

Meh

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
i have friend who has some intentional branding all over his back. A little like tiger stripes or something. I think they look wicked.

Another friend of mine has some non-intensional branding on her leg where she feel asleep next to an electric radiator! Oopppss. Looks like shes been attacked by a waffle iron! I think this is also kinda kool

Dont forget to bring a towel

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Seems like tiger stripes are quite popular, I guess they're easier to do...?

Glowshow, have you got any pictures? Esp. of the tribal one? I'd love to see what that looks like...!

C@ntus, man, you must have been despeerate to play tic-tac-toe! I think I'll stick to the back of an envelope I saw your tattoos when I checked out the tattoo thread. They look awsome. Love the colours!

Seems like intricate patterns would be pretty damn hard to do... I guess a good waffle effect could look good though!?!

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I wanted to know if anyone else has experiences of branding?

I'm looking at getting branding intergrated into my tattoo sleeve (i havent had the tatts yet...planning ahead), i think some little stars. Only problem being i heal really well and don't scar easily.

... advice advice advice ...

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
my room mate/ x boyfriend/ friend was going to get it done last week but the guy was a twat so he is going to go some were else sounds really cool to me. it would be interesting to see what happens when you brand over a tattoo.

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I've got nothing of interest to say on the topic, except how crap is this?!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
dat looks owwwies

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
hey ....I've been into body art/modifications for about 17 years .....I've been pierced 52 times and have 29 existing piercings......2 tattoos.....2 small brands .....and 1 small scarification......even though my brands and scars are about 13 years old you can still see them but not as good as a decade ago.....if you want an expirienced opinion brands over tattoos dont workout that well......the brand will come out great if its done right but the tattoo will be ruined ....the brand will destroy it

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Which hurt more? Scarification or branding?

I would have though scarification, coz with a brand the nerves die after a few seconds of extreme heat.... is this correct?

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
well it depends......have you ever cut your self? depending on how deep the cut dictates the pain......the deeper the cut the less the pain believe it or not, this is due to the fact that most nerve endings are close to the surface......so if you get a scar done properly yeah it hurts but not as much as a burn which is strictly surface.....make sense? as far as the nerves dying.... ubblol....have you ever burned yourself? enough said

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Written by: Loki_the_trickster

hey ....I've been into body art/modifications for about 17 years .....I've been pierced 52 times and have 29 existing piercings......2 tattoos.....2 small brands .....and 1 small scarification......even though my brands and scars are about 13 years old you can still see them but not as good as a decade ago.....if you want an expirienced opinion brands over tattoos dont workout that well......the brand will come out great if its done right but the tattoo will be ruined ....the brand will destroy it

Holy God! 29 piercings? Whats your current list?

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i'm guessing its long? wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
would love to see picks of all this

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
the list huh? ubblol ok here goes........10 in my left ear......7 in my right ear.........2 bottom lip (snake bites) ......tounge........septum......... 3 belly...... prince albert..... frenum........2 hafadavia........ and a geish...... 29!!!!!!!!!! I think I spelled them all right.....spellings never been my strong point biggrin beerchug

oh yeah ....good guess MR M

eek why shoshanah..........but we've only just met eek ubbangel devil HeeHeeHee biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
ubbloli ment branding picks
not your prince albert unless you want to send me a pick of it ubblol

sorry im just kidding ubbrollsmile

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
lolsign devil devil devil lolsign

biggrin beerchug biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
i feel sad now ive only got 10 piercings and 2 tattoos getting another tattoo next week on my foot thats all i have for now .

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
ubblol but seriously..... my brands where done about a decade ago and were pretty small.....thier hard to see in person.....probably wouldnt photograph well.....sorry biggrin

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
I have a tat that goes onto my foot.....man that hurt real bad.......one of the worst spots on the whole thing

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
never mined my room mate/ex bf/friend is getting it done soon so i can see his he wants stars between his thumb and finger.

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
i will be ok im good with pain and i just had my nipple pierced so i think i will be fine.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
different kind of pain (nipple piercing/foot tat ) I've have stabs at my nipples but they dont like it .....the rings always want to grow out...... but pain is only temporary.......body art is forever!!!!!!

biggrin you can do it!!!!!!! biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
aww thank you hug
i always found piercings worse than tattoos pain wise but its always worth it i get such a buzz out of it ubbrollsmile

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
I'd agree as far as duration of pain during healing......with piercings , depending on where it is( because some hurt more than others) you could be in pain for months(like my conch piercing in my right ear) but with tats once your out of the chair its really not that bad.....but I think the prosses of getting a tattoo is more painful.....piercing is just a quick pinch tattoos take along time of steady, constant pain.....thats just my take on body art pain biggrin ubbloco ubbrollsmile

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
yes tattos do hurt but if you relax its not so bad when i had my first one done i found that its not as bad as i thought and had no prob getting my 2nd as i knew what i was in for i think the prob with piercings is that you dont know what kined of pain to expect or the pain after eek

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
https://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Mods/branding/

Why would anybody want to do that to themselves? Stupid people.

Willy - is bad for your health...

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
makes you stand out and feel good about your self i am verry attracted to men with tats n piersings ex it makes them look more interesting i think
thats just my oppin.
and its a great ice breaker when your out meeting people

Page: