Page:
Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Hiya.

I'm just curious... has anyone ever tried branding? If so what were the results?

I'm really intreagued by this, although I have never seen an example of it. I have no tattoos or body modifications. I have one bar through my left ear, and my tongue pierced. Thatz it.

I don't really have any major intentions to go out and try it, but....

What does everyone think of branding? any interesting stories?

Tricky

TrickySmile at a stranger!

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
ubblocovery very true ....I've had some really painful piercings ubbloco

where are your tats? tattoo location has alot to do with pain levels..... for example: over bone/over muscle..... bone hurts more..... exposed skin/nonexposed skin...like the outside of your bicep/your inner armpit........armpit is the winner because the skin there is more delicate due to less weathering because of daily exposeure to things like the sun, or rubbing fabric

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
That guy is nuts but fair play if it makes him happy

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
i have a small tribal tat at the top of my spine and a bigger one on the bottom of my spine i found that the bone was not as bad as the fleshy bits.
were are yours?

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
well I've had to put alot of thought behind this stuff....I was a piercer for about 10 years

ubbloco and yes you'll find that alot of us around here are alittle ubbloco I mean lots of fun!!!!! juggle weavesmiley beerchug biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
left wrist (some bracelet work) and my right leg from the top of the knee onto the foot is a giant octopus that looks like its holding onto me

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
thats what i want to do in september be a body piercer and this branding stuff has really caught my eye as well.

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
sounds cool

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
make sure you do alot of research......piercing is technically a form of minor surgery and you can damage people if you dont know what your doing......learn everything you can and be safe!!!!! are you going to apperentice with somebody or self teach?

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
i hope to be an apperentice for a long time and learn as much as i can as its not often i fined some thing that intrests me.

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
also my son is starting school in sept so i will have all the time in the world to learn the art of piercing and if i enjoy some thing i put my hart in to it

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
piercings are a beautiful and wonderful thing.......humans have been adorning thier bodys in some way or another since before written language.....I hope you do well with it and make alot of people happy with it....I know I have biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
aww Thank you it must be great to see your work being shown off by people you have pierced.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
it is a good feeling....especially when I'm with a person I pierced and someone who doesnt know its my work compiments thier piercing biggrin biggrin biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
my friend asked me the other day if i would brand her when i have learned how she would like a star on her ear lobe so i could give her some thing she will always have i really hope i get to do it some day.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
thats great ....I hope you do to there is a serious shortage of good quality dediacted body modifiers in this world biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
so how come you stoped doing it?

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
I started wandering around all over the east coast of the USA awhile ago and havent been settled anywhere long enough to start doing it again.....I will again someday biggrin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Mmm... Conversations that would be better kept to MSN, or the IRC chat service... Nice!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Brandings I receive quite enough from fireplaying - having quite a number of real life scars from operations and injuries, a permanent branding from the combination boiling hot tea and nylon jumper on my chest since age 3 - knowing about meridians running all over the body, but especially through ears and belly button - I can't really get the point of some "Body Arts".

Educate me - what's the benefit? Displaying that you're different? The (self inflicted, limited) pain? Being brave for a few hours, displaying it for a lifetime?

shrug whotsit?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
ok for people who didn't read it right...i'm not getting the brands over tattoos. because that would be stupid. i am using brands AND tattoos in the same piece.

as for the benefit - its like using watercolours and oilpastels in the same artwork. different textures and using both to achieve affects you couldn't with just one. it'll look awesome when its finished. yes.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
yeah I clarified that with her....brands over tattoos just dont work........brands mixed with tattoos can be really nice ....its a beautiful effect ......as for your ability to heal quickly and well.....you can get rebranded to give the scar more definition biggrin
biggrin happy modifying biggrin

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Written by: FireTom

Educate me - what's the benefit? Displaying that you're different? The (self inflicted, limited) pain? Being brave for a few hours, displaying it for a lifetime?

honestly everyone has thier own reasons for it.....so reasoning is on a case by case basis
I can only speak my reasons which include beautification(I think they are lovely) ritual (some were rites of passage for me) adornment(i like to decorate myself) none of mine have been because of likeing pain(pain hurts its yucky) or bravery.......if they make me different i think thats wierd because humans have been doing things like this since the dawn of man.....I think it makes me more human and more in touch with my basic human roots.....displaying it for a lifetime is just one of the wonderful benifits wink biggrin

KittyFluffkinsnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
*purr*

I'm going for the totally original style...
no piercings, tatoos, brandings... nothing..

To show the world who I am...

Peanutbutter Jelly Time??

anyone??

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I'd like to put into this that ANY bod mod over the kidney area (left and right on the very lower back) will bring tears to my eyes immediately..but I can sit through a tat any place else and hold a laughing conversation...hit there and I'm a goner.

Branding. I've studied it. I know how to do it properly. I don't have the money to invest in a hospital grade cauterizing machine to do it. Which really, is the best because it goes the deepest with the burn which means a better scar and a longer lasting one.

There are 3 kinds of branding done.
Fire direct....kind of like how a cow is done. Heat the metal to a specific point and apply to skin.

Multi-strike....exactly what it sounds like. Repeated burns over the same area to achieve an effect. Difficult to do because you need to line it up perfectly.

Cautery....which is my favorite, done one and it allows some great designs that the others do not, like intense curves and curls.

Keep in mind that brands can not be intricate and as detailed as a tattoo. A proper brand scar will widen out a bit and there is not fine detail or gradients within it. There is no garuntee on how the scar will turn out.

I'd also like to say to Loki t.T. that while branding over a tat sucks, tatting over a brand can be very awesome looking as the ink takes on a strange quality within the scar. Some tattists won't do it though.

Why do people do this? Everyone has a different reason.
I love my tats.
I designed them myself and they mean a great deal to me. Each has *very* special meanings too and I have never once regretted getting them, and in fact look forward to my next (soon). I view them rather as an album of my life. *shrug*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pele

I'd also like to say to Loki t.T. that while branding over a tat sucks, tatting over a brand can be very awesome looking as the ink takes on a strange quality within the scar.

good point.....I didnt think to mention that .....a good friend of mine has a tat over a brand and it is absolutely spectacular, but the reverse just doenst work biggrin

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
the same as any scar tissue.
oh well. i'm still thinking. my next appointment is for a heart and crossbone tattoo.

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Thumperabbit

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Heelooo

I have two seperate brands, done my right arm, just below the shoulder. They were both done by friends with what Pele called Fire Direct (I just call this strike branding.) The resulting scars are quite different, one has keloided really highly, while the other has almost faded to nothing. They were done within about three months of eact other. I think it was the temperature of the metal that made the difference.

They where done in various states of intoxication, but with some research. However whilst doing mine, a friend asked for a much larger line on his inside left forearm. I did this with little consideration and he ended up with a very VERY big scar. eekThe healing was also difficult and he had to visit hospital a few times. This was terribly stupid of me, and there really is no excuse. This is all easy to say in hind-sight.

So, simple advice really. Think about what your doing and do as much research as you can, here is a good place to start.

Don't do this stuff when your not sober.
You should get it done by a professional. but for me to say this is hypocritical, and I know many others who have done it themselves. But really, go to a professional.

Answering why people get body mods can be done in millions of different ways, roughly as many ways as there are people who have done it.
A good answer is, why not?

I will get more, I am looking at quite a lot of tattoing later in the year, and nipples will be my next piercing smile

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Nipple piercings are good. I like mine lots biggrin
I've never really thought about branding. I scar like no belief, and have little keliods in various places from chicken pox when I was little.
It may be something I think about when I'm a little older smile

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Written by: Moohaahaa

So, simple advice really. Think about what your doing and do as much research as you can, here is a good place to start.

Don't do this stuff when your not sober.
You should get it done by a professional.......................
..................... But really, go to a professional.

dittoI couldnt agree more ditto
Any kind of body modification should be done by a professional whether it be tattoo, branding, scarification, implants, piercings, flesh removal, or whatever ALWAYS GO TO A PRO!!!!!!
Also people should know that piercing guns are bad and anyone who uses one of these on any piercing, yes even earlobes which is what thier most commonly used for, is not a professional. These guns jamb frequently and usually cause at least some ripping of the surrounding tissue.This has been know since the use of them first started but they are still being used in lots of places.
Body modification should always be safe, sterile, and sober!!!!!
biggrin wave

Page: