andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
wasn't it FAB?

first off, how many peeps from this here web site went? did ya meet anyone from here there?

i played with my fire poi in the stone circle at exactly 2.35am on the wednesday morning ( handy going with trader friends!) any one else beat me to it this year?

anyone get to see bluecat performing as part of te pookas fab show in the performers corner of the theatre field? if so what did ya think?

durbs was doing a synchronous UV and fire show in the avalon field and no matter how many times i went up there i couldn't find it. managed to pester durbs in the stone circle on friday night! (hehehe sorry ) actually recognised him from his "pants on fire" video! never met him before but recognised the blokes grace n fluidity ( still in awe man, yer fab, n a top bloke to boot). did anyone from here catch his show?

also met the delightful soph and her lovely friends, and taught her how to do the weave which i'm delighted about. backwards now soph! you can do it

jamie mate, if ya catch this hello and thanks for letting me slip in thru the back of ya shop that day, was knackered n simply couldn't take any more mud! cheers!

It's smashing to be back x

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
1 thing to add,did the bugger who kicked my last 4 litres of fuel on sunday night in the stone circle field enjoy playing with it? i do hope so cos it will ease my mysery at not being able to set fire to stuff on the last night by knowing at least someone had some fun, even if they are a robbing [censored]!

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
I dont know who nicked your fuel dude but i gave loads away on the sunday night, if i'd known you could have had some of mine. biggrin

If your looking to find out who went, i would suggest looking [Old link] hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

sparkle Jennstranger
1 post

Posted:
i was there!!

had a fab time, but unfortunetly spilt my fuel up at the stone circle and my tent was like an hours walk!so i couldnt spin ne more fire!!

but then my boyfriend brought me some LED strobe poi and they are fantastic, everyone should get some!!

hope you all enjoyed glasto 04 as much as me!!

safe spinning.xx Jen xxx

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
DOH! i was SO deflated rossco that i buggered off home to my tent...knew i'd been letting people dip all weekend so the chances are i'd have been able to sweet talk someone into giving me some but i was just too annoyed to walk all the way back up. regret it now of course!

sparkle i might have seen u spinning em! saw a lass spinning led poi coupla times in dif places on last 2 days....n ur right they DO look ace!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Dude there were loads of fire spinners up there that night, surely someone would have let you dip and not worth going back to your tent for!

i went.....aparently missed all the fun but met some loons and dudes fom here I know and now know even more biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
What are LED Strobe poi... im guessing just like LED Poi with flashing lights? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah pretty much, they leave nice trails in the sky

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
hi people

I went to Glastonbury and was amazed by the poi and fire spinning i watched up by the stone circle. If that was any of you guys you kicked a*s*s. so much so that you encouraged me to go buy some poi and have a go. I live in Bristol and would like to hook up with any other spinners in the area. I see they are quite a few.

Gayle.....!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hi bristol....it was seeing great poiing at glasto last year that inspired me to take it up!! happens to lotsa folx...good luck meeting people down your way n happy spinning!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Where can i get LED strobe poi from? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i've made some that look FANTASTIC and work really really well...cost me a total of 13 quid...for a snog on my cheek like the one in ur alluring pic i'd consider a commison n making some pour vouz too.

smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha u want me 2 snog your cheek!!! wouldnt that look a little strange!

Thank you for the email yesterday aswell - ive got in touch wit soph!!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
ok snog me on the lips then i dont mind! and you're welcome re soph, yer both lovely so should tget on smashing.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha i'll think about it!!!

So would you really make me some LED strobe poi??! i'll pay for them and posting and everything... would really appreciate it if you could - or even if you told me how so i could try! x

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i'd be happy to do either lass, either to make u some or send u all the gubbins ya need to make some youself. The electronics are kinda complicated for an absolute beginner and soldering can be tricky to start with but is simple once ya get the hang of it. and while mine LOOK ace in action i'd have to redesign em n the switches n everything if i was gonna contemplate charging anyone for em...they kinda LOOK home made. but already this morning before we started this chat about em i sussed a way of making me next set look loads better. Up to you..can make ya some or send ya the info. x

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I dont wanna sound cheeky but i really would appreciate it if you could make them for me - i never was good at tech at skool! How much do u think it will cost? Would it work out easier to buy them - even tho i dont know where from!

Your a total angel!!!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
blushes at le angel comment! nice of u to notice. not cheeky at all to ask me to make ya some, i offered to didnt i? think in total it would cost around 20 notes..and for that they will look pretty damn cool whether being spun or just carried about, and be hard wearing enough to last being packed in a back pack n carrind about all day. can do em in yellow red blue geen or a combination of all the colours....the blue looks REALLY cool...kind of a deep, purply blue. your choice whther ya would prefer to buy from an official maker or buy mine...suppose mine ARE a bit of a risk...however if n when they ever stop working i'll repair them for free for ya. let me know what ya decide x

piggyinapramBRONZE Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I have been to Glastonbury over the past 10 years and was so dissapointed to see how few firesters there was this year- not to mention the buggers that walked of with my parrafin and chains without telling me- so much for team spirit. Last time i throw in my parrafin to help out, oonly kidding. Glastonbury got me into fire, i was mesmerised by it at the Stone Circle the last year the travellers were there in force. The place appeared to be alive in flames and there would be groups of 10 jugglers everywhere you looked. However on a positive note i forgot just how inspiring, liberating and totally mind blowing Glastonbury is, i was doing new moves that i never thought i had in me and have ideas to work on until next year. To all those that did turn up and spin once again i learnt loads of you all and enjoyed seeing everyone have a good time, wicked. Nothing better than the smell of paraffin and a good whisky to share with folk on a clear night. Keep an eye out for Littlepiggy next year (you'll recognise my ears!) and keep the fire burning.
Big Squeals,
Littlepiggy wave
P.S. If anyone fancies joining me and a few of my mates on the banks of Loch lomond to mess about with fire at the end of the month, 31st, get in touch.