Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Falmouth II - Bigger, Brighter & Burnier than ever

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mr Fish o'flame is right, I think we need to have a new thread for the second meet especially as it won't let me edit the title of the old one rolleyes

So here's the open invitation to everyone who reads this to join us in Falmouth. It seems most agree on the weekend of 6th-8th or there round abouts (I'll be there from the 5th) and we're camping

here at the same campsite

and spending our nights

here on Maenporth Beach

If you wanna see what the last meeting looked like visit

Soton Firespinners to download the video

If anyone wants to come just turn up but we'd appreciate a post or two to let us know so we can be sure the campsite can expect a certain number of people although they have lots of space and no doubt would fit us in without a problem.

Its a winner, you know it makes sense, be there or be a square poi and besides what else have you got to do you bunch of weirdos!?! wink

And if we want it better I think we should be a little better prepared for funness, does anyone have one of those massive tents like army ones? Or would anyone be interested in piling into a couple of chalets perhaps? And maybe a generator for tunes on the beach *cough*strugz*cough* for when the bones start showing through Mags' fingers?! wink Any other suggestions folks? Could people all try to bring a little wood with them please? Even a few sticks each will make a massive difference but if Brad wants to use his 100% work discount again that'd be well cool biggrin hug2

So who's-a comin? bounce bounce2 grouphug devil kiss beerchug wow hehe ubbrollsmile juggle weavesmiley ubblove biggrin ubbidea sunny

The list currently looks like this and I'll keep this post updated for ease of looking for links and names etc

FALMOUTH II Peeps - For Sure!

==========================

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

George Fri-sun and at least 6 friends

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday Fri-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

x-aimee-x Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Fri-sun

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibly

Duballstar

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard)

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firemonkey

Spanner

Let's relight this forum ubblove

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
i'll be the one in pink speedos and blue stiletos and some pearl dangly earings..... gg ubblol

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
if you go to the campsite they'll tell you where to camp. They know we're all coming now so like last time they'll herd us all together. We should be easy to spot unless there happends to be some other random group of spinners in attendance!

Oi fireflyz you nicked my outfit!! Copy-cat tongue

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Gggrrrrrr ok.......... ill wear my green gym knickers instead you can keep your speedos.....gg biggrin

we have managed to get another person to come with us now
wwooooo hhooooo thats 5 now for fireflyz!!!

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

Written by: FALMOUTH II THREAD

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Fo' Real!

ben-ja-men Thu-Sun

Custom Bug Thu-Sun

George Thu-sun and at least 4 friends

Rossco Bossco Thu-Sun

Mags Resident spinner

Bird thu-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex wink Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday wink Thu-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Thu-sun

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard) Thu - Sun [/colour]

Warchild Thu - whever we can tempt him to stayy till wink

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibleee

==============================

Duballstar

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Firemonkey

Spanner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maenporth Beach is were we will play, and same campsite. is were we will be staying

If you would like to come please, quote this list, and add you name as approriate, please also include the links for the campsite address and beach when you quote!

so i had to be different and have a green name, anyway i thought it would be cool to semi organise worshoppy thingys with approximate times and locations so that ppl can try to make it to them without missing out. ideally it would be cool if eeeeeeeveryone was to run a workshop on something spinning related or not.

i was thinking id do a single staff contact workshop and a doubles workshop weather permitting

Topic: Single contact staff

Day: Saturday

Time: 3 pm

What to bring: a single staff preferably with a bit of weight to it that comes roughly up to ur armpit a hug and big smile

Topic: Double contact staff

Day: Sunday

What to bring: two staffs preferably with a bit of weight to it that comes roughly up to ur armpit a hug and big smile

Any takers for running a poi beginners and advanced workshop (looking at you mr custom bug) or a single staff basics (id run it but as mech will tell u i dont know the basics)? if anyone would like to help out with running the contact workshops itd be v cool strugz im looking in ur general direction smile
EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1090860433)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Well im up for running a workshop on the friday for making your own stuff!!!

Say ten or eleven friday morning outside of our tents(you wont miss them)

we will have all sorts materials you never know we could make some wire wool staff!!!!! Anyone brave enough to attempt it?

Weather permitting i dont mind doing a huge barbie breakfast during the workshop for everyone jus bring your own meat and beer! cool
EDITED_BY: fireflyz (1090862429)

who ate all the poi's?

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt mind trying to teach people some poi. not that ive ever tried to do any thing like teaching poi to more than one person at once before. hmm, might be fun.

we could have like the hyperloop sessions or something. where we try and work out what the hell garthy is doing when he dose those butterfly ones wink

what poi do people want to learn?
EDITED_BY: oli (1090863294)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Topic:Toy making

Time:11am

What to bring: Any material you can find round the house , bag of rice , Needle and thread(fishing wire is best) , Yourself , a bag of sens.......,and some beer

What to bring: a single staff preferably with a bit of weight to it that comes roughly up to ur armpit a hug and big smile

What to bring: two staffs preferably with a bit of weight to it that comes roughly up to ur armpit a hug and big smile
EDITED_BY: fireflyz (1090863580)

who ate all the poi's?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mr Bug - Can you ask the campsite crew if
a) we can have a plug socket and
b) if it'll support 400 Watts without blowing up the rest of the campsite? biggrin

Large portions of nice-ness smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
mr durbs I have a 50 meter extension lead here its surge protected and would hold 400w easy, what are you powering? biggrin biggrin biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
So i may have persuaded Justine and Mark to come... Just seeing if they can get time of work...
*fingers crossed*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Sure durbs. They got tons of permenant caravans and stuff so I'm sure it'll be ok if we promise not to abuse noise levels to much. It's a family campsite but last time there was this group who we're noisey as fook and nobody seemed to mind.

I'm deff up for a bit of workshopiness biggrin I could contribute all sorts of releases/catches, some one handed stuff, tons of basics and we'll get you all 5bting by the end of the weekend guaranteed ubbangel Forwards AND backwards wink Mebbe if I get tighter on them a few whip catches but methinks that Durbs may be the best choice there wink

Oli I wanna come to your hyperloop lessons and you have to add isolations into that aswell, ah yeah cool

Written by: laerning stuff is kewl ubbidea biggrin

Who: Fireflyz (Mike)

What to bring: Any material you can find round the house , bag of rice , Needle and thread(fishing wire is best) , Yourself , a bag of sens.......,and some beer

Who: Ben

Who: CB (Dunc)

Topic: Poi: basics and tech

Time: 11am

What to bring: two sock poi preferably with a bit of weight to 'em that come roughly from your hand up to ur armpit a hug and big smile. Tails won't really work for most of the tech but they'll be good for basics.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmmmm, does anyone have a spare stick that I might be able to borrow for one of these workshops? I really ought to at least try to learn it! smile

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

Who: Fireflyz (Mike)

Who: Strugz
Topic: Single spinny & contact staff "basics" - i think wink
Time: 1 pm
What to bring: a single staff preferably with a bit of weight to it that comes roughly up to ur armpit a hug and big smile, some rizla for the teacher along with some beer left over from fireflyz workshop, some eggs, bacon and a plastic plate ubblol

Which will be followed by:

Topic: Single contact staff "Some harder stuff - i.e Fishtails wink"

Who: CB (Dunc)
Topic: Poi: basics and tech
Time: 11am
What to bring: two sock poi preferably with a bit of weight to 'em that come roughly from your hand up to ur armpit a hug and big smile. Tails won't really work for most of the tech but they'll be good for basics.

As im told - i should be able to teach some basic contacty business with ya stick for an hour or so before Bens "intenser" lesson. As far as workshops go ive never held one - but ill try - if Ben turns his hand to poi - then i shall attempt the workshop wink

As for sticks - i shall bring "all" of mine so there should be enough for everyone to try biggrin

So - i think we could do with another poi workshop (looks for anyone) and most certanly a contact juggling (looks for Durbs) and ball / club juggling (looks for Brad wink let him know Mags biggrin)

Ooh i cant wait, sooooo much to learn ubbrollsmile biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Go on then biggrin

Who: Durbs
Topic: Contact Juggling
Day: Whenever enough people pester me and I've had enough to ermm "eat" wink
Time: See above
What to bring: Patience! Any balls you may have (acrylics, stage balls or oranges smile )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
I dont mind helping out run a workshop.
Infact just got back from teaching some people at Pengwino's parent's wedding anniversary. ubbangel

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
On a side-note - check out my post in Social Discussion about another fun thing hopefully happening that weekend! biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I don't think i'd be any good at teaching you guys, although i'm happy to go over the basics of poi with any total newbies who turn up. I'll be mainly learning i fink...

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

charsfsjourneyman
53 posts

Posted:
Can`t really do or help with any of workshops so far,
Would be well up for having a go at themcool

ubbidea

I could do a tea making workshop biggrin

Not long now

peace sunny

Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching some rays, yunno.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
tea ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Sign me up for the tea drinking workshop. The one straight after the tea making workshop.

Sweeeet.

Quick point>> How many of you will be arriving on the Thursday? How many want accomodation and/or grub?

Just so's i know...

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
There are 5 of us coming biggrin and we are stopping at the campsite,
i think we are grabbing some food on the way down so we should be fine.

who ate all the poi's?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
We know you're skint mags so I presume you want food bringing with?

Written by: Thursday list for dinner at Mags

CB - With Veggies
GeorgeB - With Salad
mates Rob & Nikki -
Rossco Bossco -
Ben-ja-men -
Crazyhippychick -

please copy this list and add your name for Mags humungus dinner plans, please add what food you'll bring if you can so Mags doesn't get wiped out by the bill

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
i'll bring some chocci biccys and icecream for afters! biggrin biggrin

i'll also bring loads of homegrown vegtables that bug will pretend to be his! biggrin ubbangel

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oi! Don't make up lies or you'll never feed from my over grown corgette ever again! wink ubbangel

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:

Written by: Thursday list for dinner at Mags

CB - With Veggies
GeorgeB - With Salad
mates Rob & Nikki -
Rossco Bossco -
Ben-ja-men -
Crazyhippychick -
Pink...? - what do you want me to bring (please remember i'm travelling down by 3 trains for 7 hours... but i dont mind buying something once i'm there?

please copy this list and add your name for Mags humungus dinner plans, please add what food you'll bring if you can so Mags doesn't get wiped out by the bill

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Booked the day off work today - wooooooo!

I am very much excited now.

The workshops are a really cool idea - thanks in advance to all of you workshop running people! biggrin

If I was some kind of poi demon I'd be happy to run a workshop, but, errr, I'm not. Maybe next year ay? wink

"Take that, math!"

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
guy can i have a word please.

Pennace mill has made it very clear that me and my family are not welcome on teh site. This is due to my parents leaving the site last year while it go to busy, and moving to another site, as we have not gone back this year, they have told all our friends on teh site we are not welcome, and asked them to ask us to leave.

This means i will not be allowed to camp on teh site, and thus i wont be able to camp with you if we are having another meeting.

I know i am not comming to this meet, but i will be at the next, and me and sophie would have to camp somwere else.

Sorry guys

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
????

eek frown

Explain more Mr Step - I is confuddled - Are we giving money to Mech-haters?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
not happy! grrr Why have they done that? Cuz you moved when it's been packed out once after going there for like 15 years and working the farm with them confused

bunch of arseholes spank

Well this'll be the last time we go then, and to think I thought they were really nice people. There's plenty more sites

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
i'm sure theres plenty more beaches we can find somewhere in britain. biggrin
dont worry mech, they are only jealous that youve stopped camping there to go camp in oz instead! wink hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Page: ......