Forums > Videos > Help with Editing Videos. . .

Login/Join to Participate

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Ok I'm not sure which forum to put this into but since it deals with videos I'll start here and mods put it where it belongs please wink

I've got some video footage of the local spinners at work here and we'd like to put it up for the rest of the community wink However I need either someone to help with editing it (it's all raw footage in AVI *shudders*) or at least a suggestion for a editing program and where to get it wink I'm not too shabby on computer stuff if I know what to use, I can learn pretty quickly.

So any tips, advice, or suggestions are welcome wink
Thanks biggrin

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Adobe Premiere if you can get it (KazaaLite if youre into downloading software)

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
I've done a couple of kitesurf movies

https://www.x-air.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/videos/mauiweb.wmv

Haven't done any Poi yet as I have no footage to use. I can give it ago if you want.

Do you have the original DV tapes?

Adobe premiere is probably the best bit of software if you want to try yourself, It's super easy to use.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Most of it's actually digital footage. Though we do have some normal tape stuff.

Hmmm the normal tape stuff has the police helicopter doing a sweep of us with it's light wink Looks a tad bit like an alien abduction if you ask me :P

So Adobe Premiere eh? I'll see if can get a hold of it.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
premiere pro has heapa more real-time transforms + proper audio compression during export.
but it don't got no tennis balls.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yea i asked this same question a lil while back an noone replyed cept Bender (thanks man).

Prem is obviously the best, but if u just wanna edit it, quick and easy WMM (windows movie maker) is free and easy to download. Dantana hooked me up (THANKS DAN) so im passing on the flavour i mean wink fav. *ping* Takes about 1hr max on dial up and is super easy, but it dosn't have any real cool super saiajin effects biggrin its basic though and if your fottage is good enough u shouldnt need any effects.

Assuming your on windows xp

WMM for xp

Editing is fun, just dont watch it to much or you'll over analize everything and end up hating it all biggrin

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Oh yea, this hacker website has some awsome software, but they also have alot of spyware in all their stuff...though im sure they have free Prem

https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/download/

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
VirtuaDub weighs in at less than 1Mb d/l and sports some transition and filter effects over the usual vid composition tools. open source rocks!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
my 2pence,

i used microsoft movie maker (comes as standard with xp) to make some movies on the fly, fast, easy to use interface, produces stuff in mwv format, so anyone with windows can watch it, and if you wnat it in other formats, then, tempenc, is th ebest prog you can get, and its free! (has lots of other lil tweaks as well VERY WORTH GETTING!)

if you want more bite from your buger, i would say maybe pinnacle 8 or 9! these are like the little sister to premier, they are easier to use, and get the job done in a quicker time, to look just as effective!

finaly i would say adobe premier. This is a bugger of a prog to learn how to use well, like all the adobe software, you can get the same effects with either movie maker or pinnacle without all teh hassels of teh fine tweaks, and stress premier will give ya for starting out!

IMHO it really dont matter what you use, from vitradub (which is worth getting to, great for cutting up huge avi's) to premier, its more about the contect of the vid than it is editing, if you have good content, good background sound, and ok editing, it will still be a good vid, but you can have the best edit in teh world, the best transitions, the best effcts, the best music, but ifyour footage is (sorry for using this word) boring, then ppl may not want to watch it :S

choose your music first of you are going to have some over the vid, and then that will give you the feeling for the footage sections you wnat to use, and have a clear idea about what type of vid you wnat, do you want fast cut edits, were you only see a spinner for 30secs, then it moves on and maybe comes back later to them? so you wnat long sections of teh same person spinning?

its all donw to perspective, and personal choise, but above all YOU must love your finished product, because once you have put it up on the web, there is no getting it back!

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Thanks a lot all smile

I'll get working on it. . .kinda in a transition. . .getting a new comp in a few weeks, so not sure I wanna start right away wink

But I'll see what I can dl and play with wink

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
I think that Sony Vegas 5.0 is the best......

.:full power:.

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Ok, well I got around to making some videos smile

However instead of making a new post and cause I coudln't find a thread for it (which is silly cause I know there are at least a few!). . .hosting!

Anyone with hosting or got some suggestions? :P

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
yea spymac, i wrote what u need to do to get it free 100meg accounts in help. Here...

[Old link]