• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Alternate Butterfly Problems

Login/Join to Participate

fnord108
GOLD Member since Jun 2004

stranger

Total posts: 10
Posted:I'm relatively new to spinning, and I just started learning the alternate butterfly. I have no problem bringing the hand that is on top in the regular butterfly behind my back, but when I do it with the bottom hand, the cords on my poi hit each other when I pull it back forward, and I lose control. Is there any trick to bringing the bottom hand back into the regular butterfly?

Delete Topic

Dragon7
GOLD Member since Oct 2003

Dragon7

addict

Total posts: 625
Posted:TTN or reverse TTN helps stop that from happening, oh yea and lots of pratice smile

Delete

vanize
SILVER Member since Aug 2001

vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3899
Posted:ok, I know exactly what you are doing wrong since I just yesterday solved the same problem for my girlfriend. Now... how to explain it with words...???

Basically you have to keep your hands in the same orientation when you switch from one side to the other. So if your right hand was the one on top and slightly further out when you were doing it one direction, then, it should still be on top and further out after you complete the transition to the other direction. That is to say the hands should stay in the same orientation with each other. so if you are turning left or right what I just said is true, but if you are putting btb and your wrists are upside down (from doing the butterfly transition over your head for example), then the top hand is technically on the bottom I suppose since they are now upside down from before - but the 'top hand' is still the one further out even though it isn't really on the top anymore - i.e. the two hands keep the same orientation to each other.

does that make sense? I hate trying to explain poi moves. it is so much easier to just show you (except for that whole distance thing). rolleyes

weavesmiley

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:What does TTN mean?

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:What does TTN mean?

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:thread the needle.

or something completely different...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

Dragon7
GOLD Member since Oct 2003

Dragon7

addict

Total posts: 625
Posted:LMFAO @ Col. Dude, thats low ubblol

The REAL TTN, *well not really, but its actually pretty close* wink

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:not even close 'm afraid.
good for the original ttn tho';)

but ll leave that one cryptically(i think some londoners will know what i mean) till i get spinach sessions up and running on the web

love
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete