Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
hi where u the guy in London with that orange Trouser skirt thang? it looked well good!
I was the guy with red combats and tiger top doing some firebreathing/ double beamers!

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
trouser skirt thing? - Orange was the one in all orange. And a black hat. Check the Group pic. He had some amazing orange poi too. Was lovely to meet him.

Would have said hi to you too newborn if I'd had any idea who you were. ah well.

[ 27 May 2002, 08:27: Message edited by: Ros ]

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Oh lovely lovely Orange!

Can we turn this into an Orange-appreciation-thread?

3,638 posts

Posted:
Yay! great idea. though i hardly met the guy - i appreciate him and his orangy ways.

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Trouser skirt - like open-ended trousers but with a skirt wrap around attached! Its good to see more guys breaking out of their "Masculine" constraints! Being a bit of a skirt wearer myself i don;t what the problem is i mean girls wear trousers???

Yeah Ros i was the guy with red combats and tiger top! i aslo had the double beaming poi and did some firebreathing at the end!!!

[ 27 May 2002, 09:55: Message edited by: Newborn ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They were Arab pants. It wasn't Orange that was wearing them though. It was one of the orange posse though. They turned up late. Didn't speak to them.

Orange had a ridiculously bright orange jacket one which he later lent to someone. I think his trousers were just cargo pants/combat trousers only bright orange (obviously).
He also had a kind of snood type thing on his head to keep his fluffy, fluffy hair in control. Not a hat as such.

Ros did see you btw Newborn cos I pointed you out on several occasions. She was referring to the fact that she didn't know who you are I think.

I maybe wrong though (if so she will be killing me later ))

And if she didn't then Newborn was the guy with the Darth Maul lightsaber that came up and challenged Glass to a lightsaber fight whilst we were sitting nearby.

*pays wa-ay too much attention sometimes*

[ 27 May 2002, 12:52: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Someone tried to start an Orange Appreciation Society on HOP before. I can't remember who it was though. One of the Australians. Maybe Ade or Rozi. Not sure.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think that the guy you were referring to Newborn - according to the group photo - is Touch. But I could be wrong (it's happened in the past).

Whereas Mr Orange is number 38.

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
Did you really need three posts for that sweetie? hmm..... (boosting post count methinks)

And you are not mistaken. you pointed newborn out to me a few times but I had no idea who, (personally) he was. Otherwise i would've said Hi. I was also feeling rediculously shy. I liked the tiger top thingy though

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Orange is a shiny fluffy funny lovely magic soul
and besides... 'tis my favourte coulour !!!!!!

::hugs::

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Oh...
Orange he taught me my first trick as such on the staff and inspired me to go out and get one instead of just being a poi head... I am ever so grateful for this!!!!!!!! He is shinning light who tends to ammuse everyone he meets...
I hope to learn more tricks on the second of June...
U will know me I tend to beat myself with my poi when i get frustrated (sadomasochistic tinge), kinda hard when u are learing tricks everyone has seemed to have mastered... I hope to learn lost more, and hit myself less
Anyway until next time see u all soon....
Love, the pixie who was born in the drome...
A gente tem algun Brasilero aqui, porra eu preciso de practicar meu portuges....
Tchau Gente

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Hola DromePixie,

No se portugese, pero me encanta espanol!

(God, u can tell I hav't studied in years!)

Az abouve, So below...

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hair so fluffy fluffy... cantus said it twice
sounds like a song... but i`m not in the bath - so i won`t start singing

yep that was the lovely 'tony touch' in the orange wraps - you`d be surprised at the number of closet 'orange people' amongst you
waiting for the orange revolution my brothers and sisters

my lovely lovely brothers and sisters
you make me blush bright orange

i`m off to dream sweetly of the lovely beings
that`s you lot btw (by-the-way)

swoops to smile and swoops to please

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I posted every time I had a new thought. I didn't intend to be self indulgent. I don't need to boost the post count. I actually stopped caring about my number of posts a while ago. I was elated when I passed Josh, ecstatic when I lapped Pele. Now it's just a number. A really, really big number.

I dod tend to repeat words when i'm trying to make a point etc. I could've said really, very, extremely fluffy hair but that would've used up so much ribbon on this new fangled typewriter. So I thought fluffy, fluffy was better.

I was right on all counts though wasn't I? Maybe Mr Newborn will be happy now......

[ 28 May 2002, 16:03: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
So all this talk of PIP in London....

You guys better have one when Josh and I come to the Uk in just under 8 weeks.

Lots of fun to be had...

And we don't bite, we are nice people (Quiet Cantus)

It would be lovely to meet you all

Put some faces to names etc...

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
You guys make me want to move to the UK. Or maybe Austin. Not a lot of poi people around here. And no staffers that I know of at all.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Orange, u big ball of fluff u

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Az abouve, So below...

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Orange! 'Tis one of the nicest colours I know. And one of the nicest persons.
I'm feeling quite blue myself though (not sad!) Just thing theres maybe something in that colour. The calming soothing-ness of it all.
Dunno why this sudden feeling. I have a strange section of blankness in one weekend. Woke up and it was all kind of, well, blue.
I have my suspicions

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhh!!! i now know who orange is i guess i was referring to the guy wid the dready hair with the orange thingy on his head at the far right of the pic!
Good pic though i wish i was looking up guess i was a bit shy!!!

HOP Newsletter