Forums > Social Chat > A summer of fun? I think not!

Login/Join to Participate

stickyfishmember
39 posts

Posted:
Yesterday I had an accident behind the bar. I dropped a glass while taking it out of the glass washer and tried to catch it. I'm sure details aren't nececary.

In the accident & emergency it transpired that i had cut through the nerve and tendon in my little finger and need surgery to repair them. This I could handle as they assured me that my finger would be usable again.

However, I will not be able to use my right hand for anything for 6-8 weeks (even though it's just my pinkie) an the doctor thinks poi will be out of the question for 10-12 weeks. That means I'm going to miss almost all of the summer.

Any ideas on accelerated healing would be gratefully recieved

Love & Peace & hurt pinkie

Rob

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
sod poi...no masterbation for 6-10 wks unless your ambidexstrous(spelling)

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
dat's what other people are for newborn...

people can't replace poi!

oh, and good luck healing stickyfish... *hug*

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
i know but sometimes there is just the need for self-gratification or your partners asleep or something?

poi or getting laid - ohh thats a tuff one!!

[ 27 May 2002, 04:48: Message edited by: Newborn ]

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I know almost exactly how you feel.

I'm left handed and broke my left wrist at the beginning of January and it's only just been confirmed that the bone's healed so I'm now having physio to get it working again.

I can't offer any rapid healing tips, but I can pass on what was suggested to me: have a go at single staff in one hand, it'll at least get you doing something to pass the time while your hand heals

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
ooo i was reading something about accelerating healing in the hairdressers yesterday *me engages lengthy and painful search of memory*...

Aloe vera extract, taken orally i think and also the leaf or a creme applied straight to the wound is great, and i know this cos ever since i was little any time i cut or burnt myself my mum used to break off an aloe vera leaf and put the squidgy stuff inside on the wound, it contains natural anaesthetising properties takes the pain right away & its actually amazing for healing! Dont taste it tho its icky hehe I also seem to remember that zinc extract is good. Also theres a thing u can buy which uses electrical impulses (?) to stimulate blood flow round the wound improving and accelerating the healing. sounds a bit mumbo jumbo but at the same times does sorta make sense... wish i could remember the name of the thing they prolly sell it in boots or something... Hope that helps in some way!

**disclaimer: all ive said above i take no responsibility for should u turn a funny colour go insane or fall over dead after taking the advice hereby aforementioned

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Don't rush it and take it easy. What's worse: 10 weeks of no poi, or the rest of your life with a non-functional finger?

Take up one handed staff, poi and meteor.

Oh, and if you use your left hand it's like someone else is doing it. So I'm told!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
aww - poor you . *hug* positive, healing thoughts coming your way

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
quote:
people can't replace poi
My midget poi would have something to say about that!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.