DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I was wondering what devil stick moves people have tried with their sticks.

Obvious and easy is tick-tocking off arms, feet and legs etc,

I have had some success going into horizonal stick on stick contact from a cross ala O'Minero (nice one Bluecat).

But what about a continual properler in front of you. I have used the motion to go into throws as discussed in the "throws single and doubles" thread but has anyone manged the proper propellor method of only making contact on the stick from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock and chasing the stick at other parts to be able to do it continually without creeping up the stick. This could be done with a finger/wrist arm or other staff. cool

EDITED_BY: DeepSoulSheep (1088769857)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Continual propellor is easy with a wrist or the back of the hand. (it's some trouble to learn though, as bruises don't show up very well on the back of your hand) I haven't got the hand of it with another stick.

I don't do devilstick so I don't know the proper way to do it, but it seems like when the wrist is uder the staff it's keeping it from falling and slowing it down a little, and when it's above the staff (chasing it in a circle) it's speeding it up. It's prefectly possible to both keep your hand on the stick the entire circle or just for the bottom part. It's usually a case of trying not to speed it up to much and then bruise your wrist when catching it badly.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

benjyBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
ive got a friend of mine who uses devilstick . and when i show whit him he always takes my staff to twirl with devilstickstyele. hes really crazy. hes gonna make huge stickts and a huge devilstik to do his thing.
really insane

Think for yourself Question authority

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
There a nice move which i nicked off devil stick where you go from a horzontial cross into holding the bottom staff and using it to tap the top one so it jumps 1/2 a spin.

also going the other way i found i could do fishtails with a devil sticks by using the hand stick as if it was the back of your hand. i recomend this move if you have the desire to piss off your friends who do devil sticks smile

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
oh yeah and if you want something insanely diffcult which i've never see done but psi came up with.

hold one staff and let the other roll over it now just as that staffs about to fall move the staff your holding round the staff so it rolls onto it instead of falling off, like doing contact staff with the staff your holding standing in for your body. Now to stop the staffs moving off centre you need to move the staff your holding back and forth each time the other staff about to fall.

if you can't figure out what am talking about then ask me in about 10 year and there'll be a slim chance i'll be able to do it

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
how about this... do a 360 turning fishtail type thing on the back of another staff. once it's going, lift it up over your head, and hold both ends of the staff you're holding. keep turning round and fishtailing the other staff above your head and between your arms...
The staff you've got hold of would have to do a rowing kind of motion. Should be possible (although maybe only in zero gravity). Rubbery grippy bits in the middle would help.

-ben

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Tim, i forgot about that one - ought to try & work out something doable with that one ...
But i agree in general - staff-on-staff stuff hasn't been explored enought yet !

Mike biggrin

P.S.: Does anyone know where i can get a box of zero gravity from cheaply ? wink

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
hmm.. had a play this morning and had some success with staff-on-staff (SOS?) fishtails .. Results: half fishtails arn't too difficult & feel lovely, a whole fishtail is hard and more than that is not going to happen for a while .. wink