Forums > Other Toys > clubs, balls, diabolos and contact.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
I've been juggling clubs for a while.

but now I have left the confinds of London. And I'm of for a trip a round the world. ubbloco juggle clap bounce2 bounce

As im not in the greatness of the London juggling and spinning clubs. I thought that I would start this of to keep up with you lot.

And to keep you informed of what is out there in the big wide world.

So the latest moves that I am working on are.

1 Flats:

most of all im trying to do flat back cross.

But also 522 combos with one of the 2's caught under the leg

also box and 441's

2 stalls:

Im trying all type of stalls on different places, feet legs, shoulder and the chin.

do you have any more to add to this.

that I could be trying

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
some things i'm working on and some other things for better club jugglers than me to play with:

mills all flat is gorgeous as is the box and 441 - for extreme sillyness try 441 or box with flats at the sides and a super quick spin for the club passed along the bottom.

423 variations:

with 2's tossed and caught on other side of body - thrown with arm in front, caught with arm btb;

with 3's as backcross and 4's as over the shoulder (just starting to work with balls for me).

behind the head tennis (floaty cascade, catch the tennis club right at the top of your neck).

slapbacks, flourishes, oh sh!ts and reverse backcrosses.

wallplane shower, no spin on the clubs.

for clubswinging ideas go to this [Old link].

juggle

cole.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Coleman Tell him the link you showed me ages ago with the amazing man who did devil stick style wrist traps please, oh that video, my devil stick style was influenced alot by that i've started learing cigar box stuff because of it (less complicated stuff bit like the second half of the video where he stacks it all up and stuff). i think it was Peapot.com or something. Oh how i cried tears of ecxtacy and elation. I'll shut up about it now.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
good call russell but our seal here knows the peapot vids very well i think...

for anyone else interested, the peapot videos are superbly produced and are packed with ideas and superb, high-quality juggling.

'3bdw' for balls
'radical fish news' for clubs
'cooking fat' for rings

skip 'the big bouncer' vid and go straight for gandini's 'bouncing in paris' instead (www.mediacircus.biz i think).

and i haven't seen peapot head so i can't comment (but i have heard whispers that sounded a lot like "its really good").

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
(4x,2) with the 4x and the 2 as singles
3,3,3 then triple {forward roll or cartwheel} 3,3,3

419 posts

Posted:
cant remember the amount of times i have seen those vids.

counting: up to 176 each at the mo.

3b is a little ahead with 231 times

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

419 posts

Posted:
I only started this thread of so I could keep up with all of you in London,

And to keep you informed of what was going on in the big wide world.

so here I am the official London juggling foundation über spy.

so dont tell to many people where I am, cos i'm under cover. and could get in lots of trouble for what I am about to do

419 posts

Posted:
just had a great juggle session with two french guys

most of it was with the diabolo and balls.

but I was showen a lovley 522, with the 2's throwen over the shoulders

try it, it's ubbloco

ubbloco

419 posts

Posted:
my 5 balls is comming on a treat. not got much else to do

54 multiplex done on one side only on alternate sides and together, 94444, martin's (no I did not make that one up its a real trick)

And my god "talking to myself again" the last diabolo trick I came up with is a keeper. do you remember the trick were it goes round the arm and you scoop it up and it goes round again. I found a way to do it round the body from one side to the other.

thats it for now take it easy. dont want you to get to close to the greatness that is the über seal.

ubbloco

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
from peapot website:

» Jay Gilligan: Commonly known as the inventor of poi, Gilligan is quick to point out that he did not in fact actually think to swing them. "Its much more interesting, what the kids are doing these days with poi, than what I used to do. For me it was all about seeing how still I could keep them, especially while jogging," Gilligan said. When asked if he has any other inventions up his sleeve, Gilligan tells us that he thinks two innovative ideas in his lifetime may very well be his limit. Two inventions? "Yeah, if you look at these pictures of early poi prototypes, you can see there is just one string held in the right hand. The idea to use my left hand too, and therefore neccessitate another poi (and therefore another invention), came much much later."
cole, isn't this the guy that was at galsto with Manu Laude? They had an awesome routine... ubblove

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thats the fella smile

[Old link] ubblol

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
aahhhh.. it all makes sense!!! so THAT's why they're called Gilligans. ubbidea i have so much to learn...

*experiences brief moment of clarity* meditate

thanks man. apologies for the hi-jack uber...
EDITED_BY: duballstar (1089213864)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

419 posts

Posted:
in the last 2 hours it has been raining here, as it does most days.
so I had to juggle indoors.

juggleand worked out how to do the eating apple trick with 5 balls, a great way of having a break from 5 while still doing 5 (and I nerver did it with 3 balls biggrin )

ubbloco

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
new siteswap for yo ass biggrin

4 55613 4

right handed 6's only at the moment but once i get both side it will eventually become:

4 (5) 561 (3) 4

ie. the 5 to get out of a fountain, the 561 bit running for a few cycles and a 3 to go back into a fountain.

what, i can dream can't i?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
found a nice little 4b video resource from that bloke schani (thomas dietz's mate):

schani's juggling page

i saw someone juggling 73451 the other day (possibly 4b malcolm for those that know him - i don't!) and wondered what it was.
now i know.
and i also saw 575151 which is perhaps even better smile

and schani does a really nice version of the trick i posted about above - listed as 615 on his site.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

419 posts

Posted:
I rember showing malcom how to do 575151

he went crazy for it..

not much new from here.
getting near to betting my 5 ball rec, (685 catches) throwen 600 a few times of late.

and got a nice 3 club start. hold 3 in one hand. 2 as normal and the other reversed on top. handles together. top one does half spin. the others do single. nice to go in to from a sissor catch, then flip it to on top´. great start I think

got to go and juggle

ubbloco

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
575151 - caught it clean as f*ck first time (left handed 7) biggrin

it probably was malcolm then and it was probably that trick too smile

turns out 73451 is a headfuck but i should have realised that what with 5 different numbers in a row (and for 4 balls which means its all lovely and symmetrical so you have to learn it both ways really).

had a juggle, got to go meditate

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

419 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

found a nice little 4b video resource from that bloke schani (thomas dietz's mate):

COLE! censored

RUN, HIDE, GO PLACES I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO!angry

IM GOING TO GET YOU! mad

I hate the whole world.

I hate me

I hate you (for putting this link up)

and I realy hate this bloke schani.

I had never seen any one eating the apple with 5 balls. then you have to go and put up a link with a guy doing lots of them.

who do you think you are. the god almighty him self.

I'll show you.

I'll going to call on the power of the little green men, from the land of the Über seal.

and turn you in to an old video game that no one wants to play with any more.

And sits in the corner gathering dust for years to come

ubbloco

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
does anyone else notice the humour of a seal juggling clubs?... no?.... oh well....

after 2 years of very sporadic ball juggling, ive finally got off my fat arse, and got around to nailing the basic 4 ball patterns. just got 20 catches then.

all i need now is 4 identical juggling balls....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
tongue

thought you'd like those...

the (6x,4) one is really sweet.

had a feeling for a second there that you were all unique and stuff didn't ya?

ah well wink

den - i'm loving 4 balls right now smile

i got 18 catches of 6 last night but i reckon you'll be doing a lot more tricks with 4 in a month's time than i am with 6!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, please no more multi ball stuff, tis like sqaure crips...WORNG! biggrin ask cole, he knows the truth!

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i tried traching you 1 ball tricks and you didn't like it!

there's a contact juggling thread which has lots of one ball fans and there's about 50 games you could play that only need one ball.

i know the truth, i just can't handle it wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hopefully cole - i just have to train my right hand to keep up with my left hand.
its being very uncooperative at the moment.... im going to have to start beating with a cane until it cooperates. biggrin

i picked up my clubs for the first time in 6 months recently. im stupidly rusty. in january i was getting consistent 3 club mill mess, and now i cant even do consecutive doubles!!

*le sigh*

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok, to be nice, which every one knows im not, would you dentrassi like me to get some vod footage of some tricks from cole, if thats ok with cole to bring over to oz for you to wtach and get moves from?

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'd appreciate some video of me dude... ubbangel

haven't seen any of my 4b stuff from the outside - in fact i haven't even really seen myself juggling standing up.

if den wants video that's obviously cool with me but i think he's probably alright for inspiration seeing as he knows [Old link].

mech, once again you prove that even though you keep telling us that you are not, you are a very nice man (yes, you're a very, very nice man) hug

juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok bro, well ill bring down my dv cam to spitz on tues, and we can try to steal some footage then, ill just leave it looking at you, in a quiet part of spitz, and come back it it about an hour later when you are done if you wnat, rip it, and send it down south for you?!

what do you say amigo?

AND IM NOT NICE"!!!! :GRRRR:

Step (el-nombrie)

419 posts

Posted:
how many times are you going to hi-jack my thread.

I'm going to sort you all out whan I get back.

I'll hug you all untill there is no more left of you.

ubbloco

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
juggling threads are (due to the nature of juggling being that it takes more than a couple of days to learn new things) fairly slowly moving.

we were just keeping it bumped until you had learnt a new trick that you thought only you could do.

at which point i would have come back and posted video of some german bloke doing lots of variations of it and the cycle continues...

hug ya soon uber ubbrollsmile

mech - you're lovely and you know it wink hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no im ever so evil!

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
new, improved evil step, now with extra biscuit and a secret soft centre...

devil

while stocks last.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

419 posts

Posted:
ok thats cool and all.

but I'm still going to give you all a hug when I get back.

cole do you remember that vid of thomas dietz. where it starts with hime in slow mo, then he does that sick 5b flash pirouet. with the elvis music. and it finnished with an 11,9,7,5,3,1 with the one behind the back.

can you find the link for me.

love you even more than I do now if you do.

ubbloco

Page: ...