Forums > Other Toys > clubs, balls, diabolos and contact.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
I've been juggling clubs for a while.

but now I have left the confinds of London. And I'm of for a trip a round the world. ubbloco juggle clap bounce2 bounce

As im not in the greatness of the London juggling and spinning clubs. I thought that I would start this of to keep up with you lot.

And to keep you informed of what is out there in the big wide world.

So the latest moves that I am working on are.

1 Flats:

most of all im trying to do flat back cross.

But also 522 combos with one of the 2's caught under the leg

also box and 441's

2 stalls:

Im trying all type of stalls on different places, feet legs, shoulder and the chin.

do you have any more to add to this.

that I could be trying

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
6 ball flash tongue

but yeah, you're right - 12 attempts at a 3 up pirouette and the only one that i didn't get a happy reaction from the kids on was the one that i nailed...

muchos fun though mech hug

i managed to promise the kids that i'll be able to flash 7 by this time next year so there's a new target for me too smile

(just as an asida: i broke my 5b record on saturday cos i thought i could - 138 catches smile juggle smile).

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah yeah yeah 138 ctaches, but how many drops? wink

Step (el-nombrie)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Hey Mech...after working with [Nx?] in Portugal, it took me about 2 weeks to work out that kids are more amused (and therefore entertained) if you drop frequently. They think it's funny ubblol

However it took me a further few weeks to learn how to drop without making it look like i was doing it on purpose...the real art of dropping!!

Hey Cole nice record. 138 ain't bad. Ready to count for me tonight?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im so sorry you had to work with [nx] that must have been hard on you!

Step (el-nombrie)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Direct is a good word for him.

And he looks great in his clown costume!!

Do you ever go to conventions/Spitz, Mech?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i live in stoke mate, so i go to spitz every so often when i can

how come you ask?

if you wnat a character reference - then i would ask hels, bams, nx, cole, smalls

they will scream and make sure im not there... biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Just you seem to talk about juggling on here and I don't know you. You could talk all you like about poi on here and I wouldn't know. I go into poi forums as often as I swing them.

Actually I've never been into a poi forum but...

oh never mind weavesmiley

Catch you at Spitz sometime then.
juggle juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

419 posts

Posted:
Well its been some time since I have been on here.

I have just got back from a workshop in berlin, and it was ran by Stefan Sing & Phillip Meyhöfer.
And my god was it good.
by the end of it all 10 of us that took part. could have put on 5-10mins of show to music we had not heard. or with out any forward planning.. In the last 2 hours on sunday, we must have put on atleast 25-30 shows. and most of them were realy good.

And to top it all. Phillip did the trick of the year for me. and all he used was 1 ball. it was a right foot pendulum kick through negative space (with his arm up at his right side of his head), then a knee bounce through neg space (with his arm at his right side), then a left foot heal kick through neg space (with his arm at his left side), in to a foot catch.
I think that if I want to get this trick it is going to take me years. at the moment I can just do the pendulum kick.
and alog with all the other stuff I have been left with to learn, I will be going for a long time yet.

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
eek ubbloco juggle bounce2 clap biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hex - i cant juggle really, i just listen and abosrb stuff, and then pretent by moving my hands really quickly to make it seem like i can

still then again i cant do poi or staff either

so nm

seal - sounds like you have a new idol, any chance of some vid of the trick, cos im a lil unsure of neg space?

also on a side note, i hade done a searchon jugglewiki, but i cant find a huge list of java based pirrotes and variations

and is there a section for bounce patterns?

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
eek

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mech

but i cant find a huge list of java based pirrotes and variations

Thats odd...

I cant even find a small list.

rolleyes

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
mech, put your hands on your hips like your avatar - the triangles of space under your armpits are what sing refers to as 'negative space'.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cheer cole

do you have alist of proetts and ther variations, i have some i was working on last night, alongside some colums 3b varuiations, like weaves and circles, but im stupid!

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
make up a load and then go looking for videos is my advice.

pirouettes are any trick with a spin in so there won't be many resources for them other than actual spinning technique advice.

after you can spin really fast its just a matter of choosing how high to throw the balls and how many spins you're going to do and when.

but you'll need a solid low 3 up before working on any variations i reckon and your 1 up needs to be pretty solid before you try 2 up and so on.

i'd say 3 up half pirouettes are worth starting work on now cos they took me ages to learn...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cheers cole

its a turn based on the right foot for a left fast turn no?

Step (el-nombrie)

419 posts

Posted:
mech
I so wish I had a vid of him doing that.

but I think that some time soon* I will be able to show you

cole hug how are things. not seen you for some time now. I have tryed to phone, but no luck. WHATS GOING ON!!!

*= If you take in to account the fact that the world has been here for millions of years, then I should have it by the time I am 3,527,459 years old.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
alright guys, question time, does anyone have any clues as to what Chops in a box is supposed to look like, i've been messing about with it for a few months now and it looks pretty good, buy whether or not it actually is it is a different matter, anyone know of any videos floating about round there that might help?

Question two, The box backwards? it does go backwards right? right? i'm not mad am i? doesn't everything go backwards? how does the box go backwards? Oh an no silly replys like; have you tried filming is and playing it backwards. Any advice on doing chops in the box backward would also be welcomely recieved

:-) cheers geez

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
seal, you statment of age is a lil worring, i thought you were about 20-30, does this inaccuracy of age on my part, also mean i have been inaccurate thinking you are a man? wink

if you could scam the vod that would be ace

i have been a bad boy and only juggled a lil last week, but i did manage a 3 pirroet with a slight ctach, and also some height juggling wirth balls on diff levels last weekend?

check me out aint i cool biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
megafish do you mean box with lid? i think so. i can't do it, but i'm sure someone here can.

off to juggle.

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hey megafish wave

i'm guessing you is the same big fish what is on psy-forum? smile

well, i can't do box with a lid either.

dsads and northern can both do it very nicely.

there is also the upside down box (northern does that one too).

the box played backwards in a video looks like... the box!

if you ask a geek, he will say the box in reverse is the cascade.

but you did ask for no silly answers so i won't suggest that.

i don't know what chops in a box are or how to do them - could be a weird lukes shuffle variation?

luke shuffle is slams in a box.

doug can do that backwards i believe but despite its splendour and gorgeousness, it is generally unpleasent to watch due to that fact that it makes reality feel all different.

martin - pm with my work number is on its way to you now. if you call me during the day, use that one smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i need 2 learn more moves, dammit

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
good tidings Coleman,

yeap, that would be me, just checked out your photos section, hmmm, so you've got some quite hardcore patterns sorted then (6 ball sync. fountain, thats just stupidly good)

this box stuffs gonna start driving me insane, Chops in a box is pretty much what it says on the tin, with the 2 ball being chopped round the 4s.

makes reality feel all different? must be a pretty fuct trick, might have to get started on all this shuffly lukesy type stuffs.

Think the one i've been looking for is the upside down box, but really i wouldn't mind having all of the box tricks, micheal karas's bizzare box looks like a real brain busta.

Where do all you london juggling type people practice? Would be nice to come and observe the full ridiculousness of the juggling with which you guys are acredited. could do with getting some pointers on my penguin mess and this 441 penguin milarchy, which apparently is really easy, acording to people who can do it.

:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
FAVASHAM!?!?!?

Thats just down the road from me..

smile

You should get down to the Kent Uni Juggling Society.

Thats in Canterbury..

Only one train stop away...

PM if you wnat more details.

Otherwise all teh londony people goto Spittalfield market, as well as other workshops...

If you havea scout round the events and gatherings section, you will find something...the Spittalfields thread is about 14 pages (on 50 ppp) long.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
Oh really john, i really should go to the Kent Uni juggling Society should i?

coz i'm gonna turn up and your gonna show me loads of brain crunching tricks and my eyes are going to explode with delight at just how hardcore you are?

at this point i would tell you who i am but i'm gonna make you keep on guessing :-)

love pat

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Gimp.

wink

Go on then...

Get yerself an Intro you long haired loon.

kiss

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
There is this one

[Old link]

and this one

[Old link]

You are a mug, but i like you :-)

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
hello Pat!

:o)

nice to see you on HoP - and anytime you're up for a tuesday night trip to spitz let me know. And... SHOTGUN! sunny

eva

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
hehe, could be funny,

so are you guys gonna be around on thursday night?

Pat

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Come to Brixton...

PM me if u wanna know more.

Deja

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......