MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, I am about to start my Long March. That is, my solo drive from Michigan to California. I'll be at Stanford all summer doing research.

Today I hope to hit mid Iowa. Tomorrow, Aspen (where my brother lives). I might hang out there for a day if the weather is good and then on Tuesday I'd try to push for Santa Barbara (where my parents are) or I might stop in Nevada.

I'm a bit worried about finding a place to sleep tonight, tho. Memorial Day weekend and all. I have my tent if worse comes to worse.

Wish me a safe trip! I'm rested, refreshed, and rearin' to go. Let's just see how enthusiastic I am come hour 8...

Peace. I'll see you guys on the other side.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Have a safe trip, & remember to call us when you get there. (I sound like my mum )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
be well my friend, and find all the fun.

al

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
gee, i've done that ride, except it was Lansing MI, to Orland, CA and i was too young to drive so it was my mother doing all the driving....

don't fall asleep in Nebraska..... they arn't really the same cornfeilds just because they are the same size and have teh same machines in the same place with eth same houses in teh same place for hours on end....

and don't forget, every five miles in teh mountains you get a fun new identical sign taht says "high winds next five miles".... even though the exits are like 60 or so miles apart...

heh, and i'm gonna do teh drive west thing again later this summer.... fun...

Happy Driving!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Have a good, safe trip and enjoy yourself.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, greetings from Clive, IA. 600 miles down. Not quite as far as I would have liked to get, but Indiana, for some inexplicable reason, has a 55 MPH speed limit on the freeway. This is a state that bills itself the "Crossroads of America." Anyone else see the problem here?

Tomorrow, I'll get an early start (hope to be on the road by 7:00 AM) and with the 75 MPH speed limit in Nebraska and Colorado, I'll hopefully make it to my brother's place in Aspen by day's end. It's "only" 800 miles. I can do it. :-)

Nebraska is always fun. For those of you who haven't ever driven Nebraska, if you climbed a tree at one end of the state, you could see clear to the other end, it's so flat. BUT...knowing that I have the Rockies to look forward to is motivation to keep going.

Anyways, that's the state of affairs right now. And if I can have fun on the trip across the Midwest, then the rest of the trip (after Nebraska) will be a blast.

BTW, anyone here in Santa Barbara?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura