Forums > Social Chat > Some useless good advice...

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Don't get in car accidents.

But then, no one tries to. Oh well, i'm not relaly hurt,just feeling all stiff and sore today, poi is lovely cause it loosens my body up (also was a good destresser whilst i was waiting for a ride home yesterday....) but i can't work on new tricks b/c i don't think being smacked with flying teniis balls is really what i need right now.... hence i'm having to put off working on dbls too.....

my car seems a little more injured than i. it is not a pretty sight. oh well, it actually doesn't look that bad, it's just i won't eb able to afford repairs most liekly....

oh well, just needed to talk a little. it still feels a little odd. Just hearning squealing brakes and all of the sudden you hear breaking glass and ur car spins around and starts going backwards in the otehr direction...

anyone have any good ideas for loosening up super stiff muscles? (oh, and i was almost done with physical therapy too.... sighs.)

hope everyone is having a happy day

Love & Peace

Kyrian

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that Kyrian, look at it positively at least no one was killed or seriously injured and its a good excuse to bum round the house all day admittedly this may get boring but it's been ages since i did some serious bumming around so it sounds quite appealing .
If i were you i would split my time between hot relaxing baths, sleeping and getting cained.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear you got into an accident. Be careful as some injuries can take up to six months to really develop into an issue. Try to find a good yoga class and tell the teacher there what parts of you are injured or sore so that you don´t hurt yourself more doing the exercises. Then take a really long bath and relax. Thats my advice. Feel better, darling.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Wow, that sucks. Cantus was just asking me where you'd been, too. I guess now I know.

As far as loosening muscles, Active streching is good, but maybe wait a while incase you have any weird muscle damage. You don't want to aggrivate anything. Lots of exercise will help too, but again, don't over do it. Exercise will also boost your body's natural production of endorphens, and that in itself will help a lot.

Hope you feel better soon.

[ 25 May 2002, 11:20: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Would you all like some more useless advice...

Don't try to climb into the freeza to visit the seal which lives there, he doesn't want your company or your friendship... and that goes double for the monkey in the oven...

Thank you...

--------------------------------------------
I feel the need for more sugar than the human body can handle.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Kyrian,

I'm sorry. Kali's right. Find a good yoga class and take it easy.

My parents were nearly killed in a car accident in March and, in fact, my father (age 80) is in really bad shape in the hospital right now. We might lose him in the next few days, or we might not...

Take care of yourself. We care about you too much to lose you.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Kyrian, so glad to know you are okay. Take care of yourself

Mike, I hope your father pulls through. In all your posts you have come across clearly as an intelligent, strong & compassionate human being. I know that these strengths will help you & your family at this time. & know that half a world a way there are people thinking of you. Take care.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Mike, I hope he pulls through too, sound slike it's been a long couple of months for you.

Not really sure what words can do here.

My own father died instantly in a road accident when I was 14, and I really regret not having the chance to say goodbye.

Even if he's not conscious, make the most of what you can while you can...

My thoughts are with you and your family and friends...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
And for even more useless but sound advice:

Never try to eat an artichoke when you're too drunk to stand up........

Jesus helps me trick people.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yeh, puppy, we do worry about you from time to time....

whoo hoo! I'm going back to working out today, my muscles don't feel as bad as they did the past two days....

good luck mike, no car accidents in nebraska (today) or anywhere else, esp cali (tom).

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about any car accident. I hope everyone recovers (both emotionally and physically) soon.

Be good to yourself.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

wanderinglintonmember
31 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your accident..

I too got beat up by a van the other day..
Was just riding my motorbike along, minding my own business when, POW, he decided to turn right into me...

In an ironic twist, he knocked me through a gate into the driveway of a hospital - HA.

Still, I'm ok - hope you're feeling better soon.

BIG HUGS
wanderinglinton

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Aw! Nasty! Hope you're recovering well.

Saw someone being cut out of a mangled car the other day. You gotta be careful in cars. Anyone ever heard the Radiohead song 'Killer cars'? Used to listen to it a lot when I was driving and it really made me slow down and watch out for the other lunatics on the road.

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear that kyrian and mike. hope you both get good and good soon (kyrian and mikes dad). on a lighter note, i was skateboarding dow mainstreet on the road today to get to work, and the cop comes crusing up beside me and starts trying to introduce me to parked vehicles on the street(side note: mainstreet is a hill, so it was really hard to stop because i kept going faster) so i politely gave him the finger and pulled into the parking lot of the store where i work. Thanks alot handcuff harry!

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~